Chit Chat Thread

Comments

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TN ✭✭✭✭

@Flicka_Lucas_Cleo 55F sounds encouraging. We're still in the 20s for our daytime highs. I can take the cold at night when I'm sleeping, but would like it a tad warmer in the day so I could get outside to play.
    . . .
    @rosco that does look like fun. I like to romp through the snow, but I've never seen drifts that big. We just don't tend to get a whole lot of snow usually here. Did you land in any that were over your head? Our snow is often a very wet, slushy snow, too. I like a drier snow for playing in better. The wet snow makes you feet cold quickly.
    . . .
    @Hershey you need a road trip or vacation where you can go see some snow. Is there any place close enough to you for a day trip? I scared mom when I was a puppy. She had taken me up into the mountains to see snow and she was taking some pics of the creek with snow on the rocks and such. I was on leash beside her and she was focusing the camera and heard a splash. She quickly looked to see I had leaped in the freezing cold water. She scrambled to get me out and in the car and wrapped up to warm up. She was afraid what might happen. Personally I don't recommend swimming when it's snowing. Just saying. hehe. But it can be fun to play in the snow.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria Goshen ✭✭✭✭✭

@rosco great picture! Sorry you @Hershey and Winkie got wet. Molly and Pooks don't like getting rained on but tolerate it for potty reasons. @Flicka_Lucas_Cleo that is so wonderful!! I bet your pawents can't wait <3

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

• HersheyHershey San Francisco ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pippi, it usually snows a little on the higher hills around us. It's only an inch or two and not worth driving to. The real snow in the real mountains is several hours away. I don't think we're evfur going there. Mommy says snow is cold and wet, two things I don't like!

Hershey
    When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

I don't mind the rain if the weather is warm. Cold and rainy is for the birds. And speaking of water, who likes a bath? My pup friend across the street really like them. And he likes the blow dryer. Personally I think his brain has melted or something. I don't like a bath and I bark when mom even touches the hair dryer. She doesn't even have to plug it in or turn it on! It's right up there with the vacuum cleaner.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

BOL! None of us doggies have ever liked the hair dyer! Pooks has always tried to grab the vacuum and mop, so the doggies wait in another room when floors get done :) Sweet Alexandria and Pooks used to double team on mommy and the mop Baths aren't to bad but mostly Molly and Pooks are good to go between Groomer visits B)

Author Unknown

Winkie and I get bathed at the groomer's, and mommy doesn't know whether we like it or not. What happens at the groomer's stays at the groomer's, BOL!!
    I used to bark at the sucky monster when I was a puppy , then when I got older I used to run into another room. Now I just lift an eyebrow and roll ovfur in my crate.

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• Flicka_Lucas_Cleo_NerysFlicka_Lucas_Cleo_Nerys Norman OK ✭✭✭✭

Evening all
    Just a quick post
    _
    We are back with Nerys. A long emotional day. She is calm but now we have the long haul to build trust. She let me start grooming her tonight. She has lots of matts in her fur.. most in the long fur on her back legs. They are going to be a cut out job.. but she is very patient and good. I will get some pics morro. We are all just exhausted tonight . My Boys did me proud finding her for me. Today is a touch bittersweet. Her foster dad was a kind sweet man.. he cared for her much and we will stay in touch. She is in fact a year older than we thought.. a dates mix up by them.. but that is fine. She is 2 years and 11 months.. but her birthday we do know for sure.. and it is the same as mine !
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) & Nerys
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page

• LucyLucy Jacksonville ✭✭✭

Welcome Nerys. Can't wait to see yoour pics. Your Mom is an excellent photograher,

Angel Minster Jr and Misty, Lucy, and newest Kitty Sammie

I HATE the hair dryer and the vacuum! I try to bite the hair dryer before mom even plugs it in. All she has to do it pick it up. And the vacuum ... I'll start barking as soon as mom puts her hand on the door handle to the closet it's in. And I try to bite it when she uses it. I don't know what she is thinking and how many times I have to tell her how dangerous these things are. @Hershey how in the heck did you get used to it?!!
    . . .
    So glad that you made it home safely with Nerys @Flicka_Lucas_Cleo , and that is nice that you and her foster dad will keep in touch. Mom would surely be a foster failure! But thankfully there are kind souls who can do that. Welcome home Nerys!

Welcome home Nerys <3 Happy Gotcha day sweet pup :) You have a most wonderful forever family and forever home B)

Author Unknown

Welcome Home, Nerys!!! Happy Gotcha Day! Let's have some of that cake!!

@Pippi, I didn't really get used to the sucky monster. I went deaf! :D

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

BOL!

Author Unknown

• roscorosco ✭✭✭

Pippi, you were an adventurous puppy! Glad you were OK after that tumble in the icy water.
    _
    Nice that Nerys is settling in :-)
    _
    Hair dryer? We don't need one in this house. BOL! I am not thrilled with the vacuum cleaner, though.
    _
    Hello, Everyfur!
    _

@rosco I do like to keep mom on her toes. BOL! She's far more wise to me and my ways these days. It's harder to surprise her now, but I keep trying. Tee hee hee.

BOL!! @Pippi mommy's catch on don't they?

Author Unknown

• roscorosco ✭✭✭

I used to be able to hit Mama in the face with my tags and buckle when she bent over me to fasten or unfasten my collar or leash, but now she keeps her face back because she knows that is exactly the time I like to shake myself! BOL!

One thing I like to do from time to time to surprise mom is snatch toilet paper from her hands and run out of reach with it. BOL! You should try it. That look on her face ... priceless. Tee hee hee.

edited January 11

OMD @Pippi, if I tried that, mommy would flush me down the toilet!! I've nevfur messed with the toilet paper. I will grab a Kleenex whenevfur it's in reach, though!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

BOL!! @Hershey that is one fast cat!! Us doggies never bother the tp :) But our cay Nelly~Bell~May used to love unroll it and meowing her head off about it. Mommy would tell her she was a good girl and just roll it back up :) When Morris was a little kitten he even dragged the tp from the kitchen, through the kitchen into the dinning room on the way to the Parlor

Author Unknown

• GanowPupsGanowPups Frisco ✭✭✭

We don't mess with the toilet paper, but Saleen likes to take the napkins and shred them. She also likes to take mail off the kitchen counter if it is left there when nobody is home. They find the remnants in the back yard.

Ginger, Maggie, Lilly, Bella, Saleen

• roscorosco ✭✭✭
    edited January 11

oh, Saleen, that is bold of you!
    Morris, how funny that must have looked.
    Hershey, love the running cat pic.
    Pippi, your poor mom, BOL!
    _
    I won't steal things if they are "where they are supposed to be", such as on a table, but if I find it on the floor, I figure it's mine. So mail, pens, etc, if they end up on the floor, they are for shredding or chewing.

• LucyLucy Jacksonville ✭✭✭

I don't steal anything at all...Now Sammie that is a different story...Momma finds stuff everywhere. She even tries to steal my food...She has not gotten to the TP yet and we are surprised cause she can reach it..We are having some weird weather here and its gonna get cold again...

Angel Minster Jr and Misty, Lucy, and newest Kitty Sammie

:o That's not a cat, it's a doggie! It's stopped running now, so you can see. (At least, it has fur me...) .
    I go on Search and Destroy missions evfurry now and then, and then nothing is safe within my reach. I've taken daddy's wallet and glasses and cell phone off the coffee table, and of course anything made of paper. And if we have company and they leave their suitcase open, they can kiss their socks good-bye! :D

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• roscorosco ✭✭✭
    edited January 11

I bet that dog is mad we thought he was a cat. BOL
    Hershey, I discovered that when you first click on the page, he runs, and then stops; but if you right-click on the image it will open running in another tab.
    Oh, my, wallets and glasses and phones are destructible. Did you just take them but not chew them?
    _
    Lucy, Ætheling used to steal my dinner. While I was eating it!
    I used to back away, and bark and bark, until a human came and rescued my bowl from him.

_

@rosco, I can't make him run now no matter what I do.

BOL!! What's the point of stealing something if you don't chew it up??! Daddy had teefer marks on his old phone, and on his old glasses, and still uses his chewed-up wallet because it was expensive and a gift and has a piece of a baseball that was hit by Barry Bonds! Now he tries to be more careful, but I still get a pen or a piece of mail evfurry now and then. He falls asleep sitting on the couch! There is a gift card sitting there now that I have my eye on... hee hee hee!!!

I would steal Winkie's food and his Greenie if I could, and he would let me! But the pawrents watch me like hawks at din-din time. :/

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• roscorosco ✭✭✭
    edited January 11

oh, Hershey, Hershey, Hershey, you seem to target your Dad and not your mom! I'm glad you didn't eat the money inside.
    I did get a couple dollar bills once, but I got caught before I chewed more than a little of two corners.
    _
    Your Dad has "piece of a baseball" hit by Barry Bonds. BOL!
    _
    I did chew part of the spine off a Bible when I was a pup, and a little of one of the pages.
    Mama says I was just obeying the verse, "Taste and see that the Lord is good."
    _
    There was a dogster pup who completely destroyed his mom's eyeglasses while she slept.
    _

Sounds like everyone knows how to have some fun. Hehe. We used to have a kitty sister that would unroll all the toilet paper. Ours sits up on the counter now and not on the holder. I just grab it from mom's hand after she has some pulled off the roll. I like to shred mail, too. Dutchess likes to pull things out of the laundry basket and chew holes in them.

BOL @rosco!!! "Taste and see..."!!!!

I pick on daddy because I want his attention. I get mommy's attention all day, but when he comes home he's only awake for a little bit! Also, mommy always puts her stuff up out of my reach. And, well, you don't mess with mommy.

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

@Hershey mom is much better at putting things out of reach than grandma is. It's great to go to grandma's house. You can find all kinds of things to run off with. hehe

• Flicka_Lucas_Cleo_NerysFlicka_Lucas_Cleo_Nerys Norman OK ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12

Thankyou Everyone for the wonderful welcome !

_
    This is my page !
    http://community.dogster.com/discussion/888520/nerys/#latest

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) & Nerys
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page