Happy Birthday Max!

Aleasha CasarettoAleasha Casaretto ColleyvillePosts: 512Member
Today is Max's birthday! He is 11 years old! Wow! I can't believe I've had him for 10 years already! Jasper just turned 16 two months ago! Time sure flies! Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that today is Max's special day and he is getting a delicious home cooked stew of beef, lamb, turkey and brown rice (along with many other yummy things). His breakfast was 1/2 a McDonald's hamburger! :)) I had the other half. Okay, so it's not the best thing to give to your dog, but I figured it was a nice birthday present. Plus, the home cooked stew. Max is having a great day! I wanted to do an a stew with all lamb as the meat ingredient, but hard times made it so I was unable to afford $30 worth of lamb. Yes, it's actually $10 a pound for ground lamb. So, I used 1 pound ground lamb, 1 pound ground beef and 1 pound ground turkey. Just as yummy! :D I'm not sure what I'm doing right, but it seems like my dogs live forever! Sweetie is 12 (survived cancer and is living well with kidney disease), Max has turned 11 today and Jasper is 16. I lost my beautiful Shetland Sheepdog at the age of 15 to CHF and euthanized my Lhasa Apso at 16. She was blind, deaf, had an enlarged heart, slipping knee caps and was senile. Both were PM rescues, so I knew what I was getting into. But, I think I found the magic food. I only feed Hill's Science Diet now. I use to feed Taste of the Wild, Natural Balance, Bully Sticks and Stella & Chewy's. No more. Since I found Hill's it's like it's turned back the clock on my dogs! I took Max to PetSmart a few days ago and somebody asked how old he was. I told them he was almost 11. Their response was: Months? :)) Anyway, happy birthday Max! |$|;P:P