Starting organs

edited 3 April, 2015 in Raw Food Diet
It's been awhile since I've done much raw stuff with a puppy. Covet has been eating raw since he was 8 weeks and he is now 13 weeks. originally his breeder had him on kibble. He eats pork, chicken, beef fish without any issues. For some reason I haven't added liver or other organs yet and I think I'm overdue to start...is it ok to start now and begin with liver?

Comments

• edited 3 April, 2015
    Yes, start now if he is good with all that variety. Just be mindful and try hard not to push it. Ginger, not a pup, took her sweet time with organ. She sniffed, picked it up, rolled it around in her mouth, rolled on it and so on before she decided it was food. After a week she was eating it and Max ate her tiny bit of organ so it wasn't wasted. It was all very cute but I am glad she wasn't my first dog to introduce to raw, could have been a bit stressful!