Any Raw Feeders left?

Jordan DuncanJordan Duncan Claremont
edited 15 May, 2016 in Raw Food Diet
Hey Guys? Is there still a raw feeding group on this site? I haven't seen movement in months from you guys. Even though I don't feed raw now I did and found a lot of support in this community for Jake and I.

Comments

• Vicky ChanVicky Chan Markham
    edited 6 August, 2015
    BOL, count me out. I used to be interested in raw feeding, but then I met my best friend and that changed my life forever. Kutis for taking Jake and Sweetie off raw. It's a good decision you made. =;
  • Jordan DuncanJordan Duncan Claremont
    edited 7 August, 2015
    Hi Yoshi, I didn't choose to take Caroline or Jake off raw because it did anything bad. Quite the opposite. Jake was very healthy when I fed raw. He was a raw only dog for almost two years. Only in the last 9 months of feeding store bought kibble, though good brands have I had any health problems with Jake including the cancer issue we have now. I would still be feeding Jake raw if I wasn't living with my grandparents who don't want raw fed dogs in the house. I had planned on returning to it with Jake after we moved. But for now we're sticking with EVO since the Holistic vet said a raw diet would be better as its 0 carbs and cancer cells loves carbs. I was asking since I wanted to know if any of the guys like Maxwell were still around if not I was wondering where they went. I'm going to have to look for a new Raw feeding group at this point it looks like. :( oh well. It was a good thing while it lasted unless someone else who feeds raw is here?
    edited 9 August, 2015
    Oh honey, I think most people are long gone. I'm afraid it's just you and me now, except for the raw thing. :)
  • Eloise SenyanEloise Senyan Mount Olive ✭✭
    edited 12 August, 2015
    No, it's not just you two here on Dogster. There are many more -- especially those waiting in the wings. Dogster/Catster is in the process of starting on its new platform, so please don't quit now. Some members still can't get on but there are some that do. I think most are keeping to their groups. Group admins are hanging on but they need someone to talk to. I'll talk with you even though I don't know anything about feeding raw. Hey, we can talk about the weather if nothing else! :)) Yoshi, quit telling Dogsters there's no one here! :w)~d..~b~
  • DeaDea NH ✭✭✭
    edited 14 August, 2015
    I've seen that a lot of people don't post much right now, but they are lurking in the back ground observing. They occaisionally pop in and reply. Please don't go any where, we have lost some people, but hopefully Dogster will be just as busy as it was in the past. Thanks for asking. =;
  • Jordan DuncanJordan Duncan Claremont
    edited 16 August, 2015
    Thanks for the responses I was just wondering if people were here. I owe dogster my life with Jake so I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon :)
  • Natasha ANatasha A Southern BC
    edited 18 August, 2015
    There are still raw feeders here, it's just a much quieter place than it used to be. I think this is the first time I've posted in months... I really appreciate the info and support I've found here, but it's now so much easier to get similar information from the many raw feeding facebook groups.
    edited 4 September, 2015
    Amber, I know there're still people around, but the forums sure feel dead a lot of the time. :((
  • edited 12 September, 2015
    It is really hard for me to log on to post. We lost Maxwell a year ago at 14 years old. He had quite a rapid loss of health. I noticed an intolerance of raw first. I just cooked his meats, did the long slow cooking of chicken bones to balance and gave him some mushy rice. He actually had cancer and after several severe downturns we decided enough was enough and ended his brave suffering. Adopted another dog this past August but I haven't been able to add him to my pack here. Buckwheat, aka Bucky, is a small gold/buff spaniel mix that looks like a toy version of a Golden Retriever at only 13 pounds and 12" tall. He is quite a stinker, was taken to the shelter for biting and was covered with mats and had ingrown rear dewclaws. The apparent neglect was likely self preservation, his previous owner didn't want to get bit! I started out slow with grooming and did a little more invasive stuff daily and no biting although there was some mouthing early on. Mats gone, dewclaws cut by the vet and he is getting used to the dremel on his 20 nails currently. His rear dews are much easier to sand down than Max's which is nice. The more I work with him the more he trusts me, so glad I took a chance on a fear biter. Max was on the path to being a fear biter so I had a feeling I could handle the behavior. He wouldn't touch raw for a full day after arrival but now is a seasoned pro and doing very well on anything I give him. Doesn't even need to roll on bits of raw organ! His teeth are cleaning up nicely and I hope under the heavy layer of brown gunk they are all sound.
  • Carissa MaleckiCarissa Malecki Buffalo / Baltimore
    edited 12 September, 2015
    I check in now and then but not much action going on here anymore. There are tons of other raw feeding discussion boards out there, including many very active ones on Facebook and Yahoo Groups.
  • edited 18 September, 2015
    Lily and Moira are still doing well on a raw/kibble diet - not on the same day, of course. We just don't have any questions at this time. Lily is 10 1/2 and passes for 4, so something is working for her. Moira is 8 1/2 and doing well, but with a few more issues than Lily, but nothing digestive - mostly insect allergies. The grass allergies are gone.
  • edited 27 September, 2015
    I mainly use raw facebook groups as opposed to forums. I find them so much more convenient than forums and easier to connect with people but still like this one even though I havent had a look in a few months.|/h/|
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. Marys
    edited 30 March, 2016
    Still a raw feeder, just not one who feeds it regularly right now. The organs and stuff we need aren't available often enough.
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. Marys
    edited 30 March, 2016
    Wow, it's like a ghost town here. Kind of sad.
  • Lynn McClureLynn McClure SeaTac
    edited 2 April, 2016
    I'm here... just started feeding raw in February when I got my raw fed puppy. Have always agreed with the concept but am just now taking steps to also convert my other three adult Eskies to raw.
  • Lynn McClureLynn McClure SeaTac
    edited 2 April, 2016
    I too am on about 5 facebook raw feeding groups... but thought I drop in here to see what there was.. :-)
  • anika evansanika evans Many locations have been home!
    edited 15 May, 2016
    Thought I'd pop in and see how Dogster was looking these days. Happy to see it looks like someone cleared out all the spam-bots and such. Maybe there's potential! A renaissance for the Dogster raw forum would be amazing!!! Like others, I frequent online groups that use Facebook for the most part these days and I still maintain and am adding to the Pack Lunch website slowly but surely, but I miss the Dogster forum format something awful to this very day. :q