Finding a French Bulldog Breeder

Jessica JablowJessica Jablow Union County, NJPosts: 2Member
Hello, My husband and I are looking into getting a french bulldog and have spent months researching. We would like to welcome one into our home in July as we are traveling up until then and I am off in the summers and would have a lot of time to get to know him/her. We have been overwhelmed with the process of finding a breeder, particularly, because there don't seem to be many breeders in our area, NJ, (although we are willing to drive a couple of hours). We feel hesitant about getting a puppy that will need to be shipped to us (something doesn't sit right with us about not meeting the puppy first). But, if anyone has thoughts on this, please share - this would really open up our possibilities. So...advice on acquiring a Frenchie when the timing of it is a large factor. Thanks!

Best Answers

• Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    Way to go on researching, you're smarted than most people on that! I would suggest looking at the French Bulldog Club of America website. (Google it.) The breed club sites can almost always refer you to some reputable breeders in your area. Another good choice would be to look at a shelter. However, French Bulldogs aren't common so I doubt that you would find one there. You can also search for that breed at petfinder.com, which will refer you to a shelter or rescue group.
  • Karen MordenKaren Morden Port HuronPosts: 1,174Member
    Accepted Answer
    Great to hear you ae doing some research.Frenchies are hard to find becasue they do not have very big litters9normally between 2-4 pups. Have you tried Frenchie rescue? If you are looking to get a pup in the summer chances are you may be put on a waiting list for a while(one year is normal) Good Luck. Frenchies are one of my favorite breeds! Oh Frenchies are well known for several types of cancer.Mast cell tumors are the one that is the most common.It is a skin tumor that has a high likelyhood to spread.Thought I would mention this so you can ask and do research