Are apple-head Chihuahuas less healthy then deer heads?

Brynn BaldwinBrynn Baldwin Posts: 245Member
My Chihuahua Gia is an apple head, and she has what I call "Bug eyes" I was looking at someone else's question and it said apple head Chihuahuas can be in more risk for health problems then deer heads, is this true? I love my Gigi and I want her to be healthy and live long.

Best Answers

• kayla osmonkayla osmon MariettaPosts: 41Member
    Accepted Answer
    This is not true. It really depends on how you treaqt your dog not what kind of breed it is. Sure some breeds have more common illnesses than others but if you hav the right owner you have the right dog!
  • Jolene SchinkelJolene Schinkel Posts: 3Member
    Accepted Answer
    I have two apple heads. They are nearly 6 and 8. The 6 year old has hip issues, dental issues, most recently he is being treated for gland issues. The 8 year old is in perfect health. I'm assuming genetics played a role, as they were raised the exact same, but they both have apple heads so that isn't a contributing factor.