my german shepherd eats but not alot you can feel his ribs and back bone

i have try lots of things but he just doesnt put on weight he is health and the vet has done test and there is nothing wrong he just want put on weight he is 12 months old and not desexed

Best Answer

• Cindi LeonardCindi Leonard Plantation, Fla.Posts: 1,670Member
    Accepted Answer
    When you neuter him he will definitely gain weight. Keep him on large breed puppy food until after the operation. ^_^

Comments

• pooh bearpooh bear Posts: 43Member
    Every dog I've been blessed to own over the last 50+ years, both large and small, have all had free choice. In other words, a dry-food self-feeder is out all the time and they eat whenever they feel like it. I've never had an issue with fighting over food, (training/conditioning early), and I've never had a fat dog. Their potty habits are regular, (training/conditioning, again), and they have all lived long, healthy lives. Also, GSD's don't mature until 24+ months, so your guy will fill out in time!