FAQs on Navigating the New Community

DogsterAdminDogsterAdmin admin
edited November 16 in Getting Started

Where is the Answers section?
You can find the Answers section under Dogs Q&A.

Where are the Forums?
You can find the Forums section under Dogs Forums.

Where are the old Groups?
You can find the Groups section under Dogs Groups Discussions.
If you look on the right side of the page, you will see a link to Groups. When you click on that you'll see Your Groups, New Groups and Popular Groups. We will look into changing how to designate Group Admins.

Where are the pet profiles?
See all information on our Pet Profiles FAQ.

How do I find my friends?
Type your friend’s name in the search box. You may initially get “no results.” Hit the down arrow in the upper right corner of your screen to expand your search to an advanced search. Enter your friend’s name under Author and erase their name in the uppermost search bar. Hit search and you should see results for your friends!

How do I find my friends’ pets?
Search for your friends' pets in Welcome post. You can search by breed!

How do I find something else?
Put a search term into the search box in the upper right corner of the site. Hit Enter on your keyboard or the paw in the search box. Don't see what you're looking for? Try the Advanced Search by hitting the down arrow on your search term and entering more info!

How do I keep in touch with my friends on the community?
Join a social group or discussion. Tag your friends using @ in different parts of the community so that they see your activity. Send your friends a private inbox message.
You can also find your friends by bookmarking their Welcome posts. To the right of a Welcome post’s name is an "open" star. If you click on that star, it Bookmarks the post. Then if you look in the very top right on the bar at the top, you'll see a star. Click on that, and you will see every cat you have bookmarked. This is similar to Friends List.

How do I bookmark a thread that I like?
Hit the star in the top right of the thread. The star should turn yellow. This thread should now show up in the MY BOOKMARKS section in the right side of the Community.

I’m not an admin in my group anymore — help!
Admins are now “leaders.” Please check your group to see what your status is!

How do I report people?
Use the FLAG button and select from the dropdown what issue best describes what you would like to report.

Can I delete a comment?
Please flag a comment appropriately and a moderator will delete it for you.

How do I block people?
You cannot block people but you CAN ignore them.
To add users to your Ignore List:

• Go to your profile
  • Edit your profile
  • Select "Ignore List" (in the gray box to the right)
  • Start typing usernames
  • Save

How do I make a secret group?
You can have public or private groups. If a group is Private, it is still visible to all users, but they can only see and participate in discussions if they are a member of the group. If you find a group that you think should be completely private, please send it to DogsterAdmin so that we can delete it entirely.

But what if I want to have a private conversation?
Direct message the member(s) you would like to chat with!

What is the size for a group banner?
1000 pixels by 75 pixels.

I want to jazz up a post! How can I do that?
Go to the Paragraph symbol on your editor. On the dropdown, you will see an option for code. Simply paste in any HTML code you would like!

What is the Best Of page?
The Best Of page is a place to find content that is getting a lot of reactions! Get other cats to react to your posts and you could see your posts there!

How do I see what's new in the Community?
Bookmark your favorite discussions or go to RECENT DISCUSSIONS to see what's new! See who's moving up levels and earning badges on the Activity Page.
To see what's new for YOU: on the top menu bar is a "Globe" — that is the Notification area. It lights up when there is something new — either someone left a comment, posted on your wall, etc. When you click on the Globe, you'll see all those notifications and you can click on any one of them to take you to that comment, post, etc.

How do I use markdown in posts?
Here are some helpful links: commonmark.org/help/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc Bangor ✭✭✭✭

Well this is basically a useless thread... :s :s :s

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• I had to register and create a new account because the email under the human name Barbara Levine has been discontinued. I would like my status to reflect that I have been on Dogster for over 10 years instead of that I joined yesterday.

• @BaileyLevine Thanks! We will see if we're able to do that for you!

• Thank you Dogster Admin. It would be appreciated.

• Kentucky_LadiesKentucky_Ladies Ocala ✭✭✭✭

I joined dogster in 2006 and it still shows my location Ocala I moved to Walton and when I tried to change my location it did not let me. I have three dogs how do I change from my name for them

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TN ✭✭✭

@Dolores Lawson - if you cick on your name it should take you to your profile page. From there click on the green box with the down arrow and little man and select edit profile. You can change your name there.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• HersheyHershey San Francisco ✭✭✭✭

@DogsterAdmin, what's the Best Of section all about? We just went sniffing around in there today fur the furst time, BOL!

Hershey
    When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria Goshen ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what the Admin told me - Hi there! Best Of shows the pages with the most interactions. Ask your friends to react to your post
    I wondered, so furs react to my post's so I can be on the Best of shows page :)

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc Bangor ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2

Oh I want to be on the Best of Shows too BOL

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

You are Sandy! My pals are, so I need more likes on my posts or pictures!! Best of is on the right hand side of the page. :)

Author Unknown

BOL!! All is well :)

Author Unknown