We Want to Hear From You!

Comments

• Thanks @Faye Nicholas ! Catster and Dogster now require separate logins. We will check into why you aren't getting those emails.

• BlazeBlaze Medina ✭✭✭

I have the same issue Faye

Love,

Blaze and Mama Heather

• Mary JohnsonMary Johnson Plumas ✭✭✭

Ok, so first off I want to say a big thank you for working and getting some kind of a site up for all of us! My understanding by reading all the comments back and forth is hat the pages we made for each of our furbabies is now gone..they couldn't be saved? Including the ones who became angels, like my Bobbie on Dogster, or Buddy on Catster...has anything been saved or will this site be a "let's build from the bottom up", which I kinda of think so. Alot of people will be very upset if our pets personal pages are gone, but alot of us saved them through the last few years on sites like Wayback Machine. I just want to know if I can create a page for each of my pets, post photos of them, decorate their individual pages, have diary of them on each of their pages (we are used to having diary where our furkids write and live it out loud on their own individual diaries and everyone can read them)..I have been expecting changes and just glad there is a site available to us..it's going to be a huge learning curve for all of us again..and I really hope you can work with us and accommodate us in our requests. Thank you..and one question..when I go on to the Catster side, can I use h same password?

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc Bangor ✭✭✭✭

And seriously would someone please fix the notification. I have turned them all off, yet I get a congrats you have reached level 3 every time I post something

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria Goshen ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we use the welcome thread we create as our page? So then we can post photos from a computer?

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

• Hi there...you say the pet pages are not coming back. Pauline is correct...we were not told it's not coming back. Only how to save it. You mention we can create profiles, but will you be allowing functionality to create pet pages? Pages for each pet that do not require separate logins? Can we have an account that includes pet pages for all our pets? Thanks for listening!

• I also want to say thanks for fixing the password problem! I'll be playing around in the next few days. Also, I apologize if I missed it, but is there a place to send our feedback via email? Oh and one more thing LOL...one suggestion is to allow for editing of posts. One problem the old forums are some were naughty and they could edit their posts at any time so the old owners changed it so you couldn't edit after 15 minutes. Just a suggestion.

• @mary johnson - Instead of individual pet pages, you now can create a post in the Welcome forum. It is not like your old page at all but you can post photos and posts instead of diaries. Each pet can have their own thread in the welcome forum. Other people can also post there to engage with you. It's not at all like the old Dogster but this is what we've got for now.

Here are the instruction for how to do it community.dogster.com/discussion/888071/missed-our-welcome-post#latest

Tracey, Fenway, Isabel and Angels Baxter, MacKenzie and Indigo

• HersheyHershey San Francisco ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19

It is a little bit like the old Dogster. Think of the Comments on your Welcome page like your old diary. You leave an entry, and your pals can leave their comments. Up at the top you can have your bio and stuff. You can add photos, with captions. Think Welcome = Pet Page, but without the pretty decorations. Maybe those will come someday...

Hershey
    When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Why would we want to do that... Its stupid especially considering after there is about 100 or more threads started you won't be able to find your own thread to add things to it....

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• Flicka_Lucas_CleoFlicka_Lucas_Cleo Norman OK ✭✭✭
    edited September 19

Well everything you ask to be tested I did on Saturday... before the lock out.

PLEASE will you stop sending Level 3 Congrats... 15 since Saturday is beyond amusing now.

STILL looking to see how I change my user name.....

Waves to all .................

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel)
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page

• Laura KelleyLaura Kelley Nashville ✭✭

Without my dog's profiles,I just don't see any value to this site.

• I agree, the level up messages are annoying LOL I have been congratulated on level 3 about 10 times LOL! Pam, did you create a new username/account with Flicka, Lucas, and Cleo?

• HersheyHershey San Francisco ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20

It would be nice if we knew what Level 3 means!

Hershey
    When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Hershey... its the Badge level

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page

Sarah... I changed my User name

And we NEED to more letter and symbols in the User name change like Tracy said

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page

Great.... not...

I made an edit to the "Flicka" page and it disappears it and tells me it has to be approved. It was FINE and "approved" before the edit.

I think I am done for the night.

There is almost NO logic at all to this site.

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page

• @Flicka_Lucas_Cleo - the same thing happened to me, I published my Baxter page and then went to make an edit and it disappeared. I think they may go to moderation so I am waiting to see if it appears tomorrow before I make another one. <3 :(

• @Sandy_Kramer_etc My inbox looks similar! But...you get three fancy stars next to your name here in the forum! ;)

• I don't see where you edit your user name? I saw Tracey's post about adding a thread with your pet's info but boy that seems like a lot. There are a lot of threads already there. What is the point of it? Not trying to be mean, but just wondering :-)

• Will someone be monitoring the Catster forum for feedback as well? Someone was wondering since there were replies from admin here.

• Hi all—

Great news — we’ve now added custom profile fields so you can customize your profile to your fur family:
    http://community.dogster.com/profile/edit
    Please let us know if there are any other fields you would like to see here!

**Other answers to questions: **

You will need to make separate logins for all pets.
    You can change your human username to your pet username at any time, please see our FAQ section for directions.
    Catster and Dogster communities have separate sign-ins.
    We are working on fixing those notifications.
    Everything hanging in moderation should be approved.
    Still checking into longer usernames with more symbols.
    @Sarah Yates good point about editing the posts, we will take that into consideration.
    And yes, we will leave feedback on Catster’s site as well!

We will add some of these items to our FAQ section as well.

Thank you! Please let us know what other questions you have!

edited September 20

WE DO NOT WANT SEPERATE LOGINS FOR EACH PET. I have 9 pets counting all my angels..who wants 9 freaking email accts full of junk... you people are obviously not pet people... maybe pet owners, but not pet people

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Another thing.... If this is the best you can do with the forums could you at least put a search so that we can find the forums of groups that we want to post in....I spent fifteen minutes looking for the Biggest post ever... Seriously

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

And... How in Dog's name are we supposed to find the friends we used to play with all the time. I know a few of the pet owner's by name, but the majority of them I only know by their pets name. It used to be we could search for a single pet and be able to find the whole Family. (sigh)

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

edited September 20

Sandy aka Thumper

Testing Markdown

WE WANT PET PAGES

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Sandy aka Thumper

Well that was exciting... NOOT

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria Goshen ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20

We should be able to Block people.
    Should have a Delete button to delete account.
    Should have a Follow button so when we find our friends we can follow them.
    Should be able to have our Favorite Groups at the top of our groups list.

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown