We Want to Hear From You!

Comments

• Hi everyone!
    Please remember that this is a beta test of the new community and we will be updating it over the coming weeks and months.

Regarding search, we are working on that now.
    @Walker_Alexandria those are all good points and we will bring them up!

Thank you!

• ShelbyChadGeorgeShelbyChadGeorge Stockton ✭✭✭
    edited 20 September, 2017

With pictures I found you can "drag and drop" photos directly off your pc. It the code looks odd but just put your message right beneath the photo code. Also you can "copy and paste" pictures directly off the internet including photos on Facebook. Not sure if you knew this already.

Shelby, Chad, Georgie P.P.Pie, Sweet Caroline, Neddy, Buddy TMB and Bobie (a.k.a.Daniel)
    No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.

ShelbyChadGeorge

• Mary JohnsonMary Johnson Plumas ✭✭✭

You have got to be joking! A separate log in for each pet? You took the heart and soul of a beautiful one of a kind site and threw it away when you didnt save our pet profiles!! I'm just flabbergasted by all of this! We all want our pet pages like before, even if that means having to redecorate and redo them..I just want you to know there are so many people so upset who have heard from us who belonged to the original Dogster/Catster who are not interested in even looking over this place once they heard the pet profile pages were not preserved!! I read were so many are saying their angels died all over again! And I have to agree with them...you took the heart and soul of the sites away and gave a a two penny mockup of so many other sites out there already....I'm disappointed...but I hope you take into consideration what has occurred and let us have our own pets individual pages where we can decorate them, post photos of them, do diary entries and not have to have separate log ins for each pet....otherwise you have lost thousands of pet owners who were willing to pay a subscription...your lose.

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc Bangor ✭✭✭✭

Sandy aka Thumper

I seriously wonder if anyone working on this new site even looked at the old one to get an idea of what the site had to offer... Or if they just googled to see what cookie cutter sites were out there that they could duplicate... cause like Mary said this is a "two penny mockup of so many other sites out there already" Another facebook knock off.... Nothing special that will draw in the thousands and thousands of people who used to have accts. Heck today I found 2 phone apps for dog lovers that are a lot closer to dogster then this will ever be

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• seprate log ins for each pet? and diffrent emails for each 1??? so to change the dog that is barking, we have to log out and log back in everytime???????? nnnooooo!!!!!

_Dogs Welcome,People Tolerated _

• Peter_ParkerPeter_Parker San Antonio, Texas ✭✭✭

Who has my name Peter Parker than I paid years for?? I don't want LISA Parker to appear and when I went and tried to change it, it said it was not available. Also, how do we add pictures of our dogs? There is nothing personalized here. I feel like all this is just a slap in the face compared to what Dogster was. I cannot believe this is the best that you guys could come up with. You literally put ZERO money or ZERO thought into this site. And to think I buy your publication every month!! No more!!

• Flicka_Lucas_Cleo_NerysFlicka_Lucas_Cleo_Nerys Norman OK ✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 September, 2017

**Need to be able to alter font size (not just the format option) and font style in the Comment editor

Also NEED line spaces . All the text runs together and when you put in a line space it is ignored.**

Also the Link generator in the Editor does not work.. the box vanishes

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) & Nerys
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page

• Lisa...
    Try Peter_Parker
    You cannot have spaces

Try it and see

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) & Nerys
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page

• Dogster admin, thanks for checking in. Thanks for listening to the feedback and for the reminder that things are still changing and improving as we go along. From what you said, we need separate logins (i'm going to say: booooooooooo) for each pet. As you can see, some have quite a few pets so separate logins for each one is tedious. Can you tell us if you would be willing to consider allowing one account for all pets? I'm no tech guru but it's what we had before. We had this functionality and it would be great to have it again.

I would love it if the font could be changed too. It's light and small for these old eyes LOL

Also, want to say that I LOVE that a draft is saved. That's pretty cool :-)

• I set up my page but my original page is in here as Barbara Levine and we can't access it because the email that we used to use is no longer working so we could not reset the password. If there is any way to reactivate that also we would like to do so.

• also I am not sure how to find the other members. I found some by looking at activity. How do I find the other members?

edited 21 September, 2017

It would be nice to be able to bookmark our special groups and special forums
    The threads when bookmarked get totally lost.
    Could we have "My Groups" and "My Forums" in the right hand menu and be able to bookmark entire Groups/Forums to it.

Basically I want to be about to find the whole group and the whole forum. The thread list totally loses the bookmarkers.
    We need more emotes.

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page

• BlazeBlaze Medina ✭✭✭

There is a a bookmark button. Under welcome next to a thread of an individual you want to remember, including your own, there is a star, click on it, it will turn yellow. Then you will find all your places you saved under bookmarks.

Love,

Blaze and Mama Heather

• Hi again, everyone!

We will take your comments re: trying to add more pets to one profile seriously and see if / what we can do.
    @BaileyLevine, please private message me with more details and I’ll see what I can do.
    You can search for other members by using the search function and, in some cases, advanced search. See details on our FAQ page.
    @Flicka_Lucas_Cleo @Blaze , good point about the Bookmarks! Will add that to FAQ.

Thank you!

• ooooh I have another suggestion! I find this helpful in other groups/forums. Quoting someones post and replying to it. For example:

"We will take your comments re: trying to add more pets to one profile seriously and see if / what we can do" posted by dogster admin.

Thank you! I think that would be a BIG addition and probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest complaint. Appreciate it!

P.S. I like quoting someone else's post :-)

• @Scooter_Trudy_Billy said:
    ooooh I have another suggestion! I find this helpful in other groups/forums. Quoting someones post and replying to it. For example:

"We will take your comments re: trying to add more pets to one profile seriously and see if / what we can do" posted by dogster admin.

Thank you! I think that would be a BIG addition and probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest complaint. Appreciate it!

P.S. I like quoting someone else's post :-)

Hi @Scooter_Trudy_Billy I just added the ability to quote B) Let me know if this is what you're looking for!

Sandy aka Thumper

Sorry but your search feature pretty much needs a major overhaul. Most of us to do not know the names of the people who own the pets and some when they signed up used fake names, so unless they are on another social media site where we can ask them how they signed up searching for their name is useless. Searching for The dogs name is mostly useless unless they changed their name on their profile or they put their name in each comment they way I have been trying to do.

Also searching for groups by using the search box you now have is basically useless.. For instance if you type in the word angel to find groups where angel pets are featured you get a hundred posts from groups that are not angel groups. The advance search in this case is of no help because there is no option to search for group names

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• Sent you a private message Dogster Admin! Thank you for listening.

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TN ✭✭✭✭

Still new and poking around, but one thing I would like to see is rather than under the welcome thread a way to have my pet "profiles" under my page. More like sub-profiles under my account that you view from my account page. If you have more than one pet and want to give each a unique profile, having to come up with multiple email addresses could get difficult. So sub-profiles would be nice and preferable.

By having sub-profiles or something like that we could still track pet birthdays, gotcha days, rainbow bridge anniversaries. Short of that, do you have suggestions on good ways to track things like that? That is one thing I really liked about the old dogster/catster. I could log in and see who (pets) was having a birthday, etc.

I don't know, maybe a master calendar where we could go in and add our pets' special dates if nothing else. I really want to be able to help my friends celebrate, and I want it to be easy to see when something is coming up.

This kind of falls under the same as above, but I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be able to see a calendar or even a list in groups that would show upcoming pet birthdays, gotcha days, and rainbow bridge anniversaries. Again, I want to celebrate with my friends and it would be impractical to go read through bunches of welcome posts and have to remember dates.

Another thing I would love to see is a list of the groups I belong to on my profile page. Could something be added perhaps under the inbox on the right?

I'm very happy to have community sections back, but I think you have missed the mark a little. Dogster and Catster were about the pets, not the people behind them. There are plenty of sites out there for people to interact. By doing away with the individual pet profiles you have gotten rid of a BIG part of what dogster and catster were about and what made them so unique. I realize we may not be able to have it like it was before, but I hope ways can be found that might help us to better make it about the pets again.

Thank you for allowing us to give some feedback and make requests.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

edited 21 September, 2017

Blaze .. yes I know the Bookmark Button is there. But it would also be far easier to have our OWN groups/forums in the menu on the RHS .

That was what I meant..and probably did not explain it well enough !! :)

Most sites have that. Not just a total chaos of bookmarks !

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page

Okay. Just ran into something a little annoying. I found a couple of friends on here and went to say hi on their profiles. Did the first one with no trouble. Did the second one and got a message saying I tried to do two posts in 30 seconds and I have a spam block now. REALLY?!! Guess I will have to drag my feet in finding others and saying hello.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Have another question. In the welcome thread, I've added a post with all four of my dogs. It allows me to add/tag one breed. It looks like I can add a second breed and that shows up on the line, but when I click save, only the first breed is saved. How can I add the second breed?

I see now where we can add events under groups. So I can at least add my pet birthdays and such there. Would be nice to be able to add something like that on my own profile. It would also be nice to be able to make an event a recurring event. So I don't have to add it each year for something like that. I would still love to be able to log on and see what pets throughout the site are celebrating birthdays and such.

• @Pippi you should be able to edit the post and add as many breeds as you want in the box! Let me know if that doesn't work. I will ask about your calendar suggestion.

• @DogsterAdmin said:
    @Pippi you should be able to edit the post and add as many breeds as you want in the box! Let me know if that doesn't work. I will ask about your calendar suggestion.

look at that! Shazam! Thank you ;-)

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria Goshen ✭✭✭✭✭

I figured out the posting photos dogster Admin. I can post on my Welcome thread and on others and in the group's. You are very helpful and appreciated. I have noticed a few more old pals coming in. That is a good sign.

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

Sandy aka Thumper
    Ok You have a disagree an agree and a like button... what about a sad button... Disagree doesn't convey what I feel when I am reading some posts... Disagree to me is that they are wrong not that it makes me sad

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Kramer
    Oh Pippi I just got the one minute block too... that is irritating as all get out... If you are responding to 2 or 3 different posts in one thread what are you supposed to do... respond to them all in one big run on paragraph. We used to have parties on The old dogster where you could be posting ever 10 or 15 seconds that would really put a stop to any decent parties

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

edited 22 September, 2017

OK ...... I do not know what people expected ?? THIS is exactly what I expected !
    How about we to start trying to help then build something better.? We have made beginning here just doing what we have
    ALL sites are more or less coded and programmed on a "faceless" pattern now. Most have add on facilities... I read about this forum software... it has a potential.

They never promised us pet pages... they DID say they would move the Community over..,and they have.
    No.. you do not have to like this format .. none of us do... but maybe we CAN... if we TRY we can make something workable

This is a BETA site... here for the reason of starting to iron out the many problems.

It is not going to happen in a day or a week or a month. Some things will not be possible... but they ARE trying...

More than can be said if the previous two owners.

Lets put the gallows and ropes away ... lets TRY and make it happen.. or at the very least.. go down in the trying

This will probably go down like a lead balloon but so be it

Evening All !!!!!!!!

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page

• DeaDea NH ✭✭✭

Thank you for bring Dogster/Catster back. It's really appreciated.
    We would like to be able to post using our pets name instead of our own. I think most of us want to stay anonymous while posting. Besides, we all know each other by our pet's name.