We Want to Hear From You!

Comments

• DeaDea NH ✭✭✭

People.........you get more with honey than vinegar.

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria Goshen ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 September, 2017

Would there be a way to have a background on our own welcome page/thread `? Like using a picture from our computer and being able to have it either tile like or the whole page? Also let us pick different color borders/frame for the picture for the background. I know the pet site Pets4Pals had this option and also had backgrounds to use. I don't know if they still do. Also a up button at bottom of page to get you to the top of the page faster.

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

• Flicka_Lucas_Cleo_NerysFlicka_Lucas_Cleo_Nerys Norman OK ✭✭✭✭

Alex... yes we still do..
    However it is different software totally
    That is not to say there could not be possibly add ons that would work here. Its what i said back over the page
    it is also not a simple click and magic it happens. There has to be add on software abilities

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) & Nerys
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page

• DeaDea NH ✭✭✭

There's a time on the post but no date. I think it would be helpful if the date of the post was visible. Thanks.

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria Goshen ✭✭✭✭✭

Also a pal just asked me about the gift shop. Will we be able to send rosettes/gifts to friends?

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

• HersheyHershey San Francisco ✭✭✭✭

I notice a lot of members posting who don't seem to have Welcome pages. They may not know about creating one. Maybe there could be a link from the Profile page?

Hershey
    When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• edited 22 September, 2017

Over in Catster I can add pictures but not in my Dogster page. This is strange indeed?? Can you fix that please?
    Also I notice that some dogs and some cats in Catster are showing things related to the past life they had in the old sites, but while I was there with MrJackFreckles since 2009, I wonder why I am not, nor my cat(s). I could not use my original email or password to log in...had to reset both, maybe that is the trouble.If so can I reset back to the original ones.Please????! Its good to see some 'old friends' here:)

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc Bangor ✭✭✭✭

Sandy

Your right Flicka, But they did not say when they moved the community that we would lose all the authors of all the posts. The idea of keeping the old posts was so that we wouldn't lose the memories. Trying to read back is well frankly aggravating trying to remember which dog was barking. I do appreciate that the threads were saved and I didn't think we would be able to save the pet pages as they were, but I think most of us really thought that this would at least resemble the old dogster, If all we wanted was a chat site there are at least a dozen other sites that would have fit the bill without wasting our time fighting to save Dogster.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Hi again!

I played around with the spam control settings — let me know if that helps.

I will ask re: a sad button.

For any questions about changing your name to your pet’s name, etc. please go to our FAQ page: community.dogster.com/discussion/888069/faqs

Users should get brought to the Welcome page when they sign up/login but we can think about adding it to the profile pages, too.

We can certainly think about changing the tagline as well.

@MrJackFreckles if you DM me with more details I will do my best to help!

Yes, please remember that this is week 1 of the Beta site. We are definitely listening to all of your concerns and suggestions and working to make improvements! Your constructive criticism and feedback is much appreciated!!!
    <3

• @Hershey said:
    I notice a lot of members posting who don't seem to have Welcome pages. They may not know about creating one. Maybe there could be a link from the Profile page?

Hmmm there may be a glitch? When I clicked quote, it pulled in the quote I used yesterday plus the new one I'm trying to quote?

Hershey, I haven't created one yet. Sort of trying to figure out if it's worth it.

• @Dea said:
    There's a time on the post but no date. I think it would be helpful if the date of the post was visible. Thanks.

ahhh the quote thingie is working now. Soooo, Dea. I think it's a glitch. There is a date stamp on the catster side of this forum. I think the date was there and now it's gone?

• Hi all—
    The times show on posts for posts made that day. For posts made before today, the date + time shows!
    <3

Sandy aka Thumper

Oh I have another reason for you to have individual pet pages... It eliminates spammers. On the original dogster if you did not have a photo to upload of your pets... each and every pet it would not accept your registration/ or pet addition ... I just found the first spammer on the new community posts... looking for names for his new pet business.... What makes me believe his is a spammer is that the name is a human.. His pets name is the same as his own and the only thing he had to say about his pet was that his is very cute...Seriously

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Sandy aka Thumper

Actually the posts from previous days shows the Date and the Date edited... which makes no sense because it can't be edited again... It does not show the time it was posted on that date.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• IWANTTODELETEACCOUNTIWANTTODELETEACCOUNT Little River ✭✭✭

I cannot believe there is no place to delete my account on here. :# :# :# :# :# :# :#

Sandy aka Thumper
    Oh Romeo... Try to be patient... We have been doing a lot of complaining and I am popping every day that they are gonna fix this site to be at least a little bit more like our old beloved dogster.... (hugs)

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• HersheyHershey San Francisco ✭✭✭✭

@RomeoBeau pawlease don't delete yourwoof! What's the matter? I bet it can be fixed. We're all here, our groups are here, we just have to learn a few new tricks. Pawlease don't go!! <3

Hershey
    When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• @DogsterAdmin said:
    Hi all—
    The times show on posts for posts made that day. For posts made before today, the date + time shows!
    <3

Ahhh gotcha! Thank you!!!

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TN ✭✭✭✭

@DogsterAdmin said:
    @Pippi you should be able to edit the post and add as many breeds as you want in the box! Let me know if that doesn't work. I will ask about your calendar suggestion.

@DogsterAdmin - I can go in to edit, type the second breed, it shows there as a green box, I hit save, but it doesn't save it. Still only shows the first breed. I go back into edit and only the first breed is still there. Have tried multiple times with the same result.

And thank you for checking about the calendar.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

@Scooter_Trudy_Billy said:

@DogsterAdmin said:
    Hi all—
    <3

Ahhh gotcha! Thank you!!!

No it does not... the posts before today shows the date posted and the date edited... it does not show the time posted.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TN ✭✭✭✭

I'm probably missing the obvious ... I see where I can edit posts in the forums and groups, but not how to do it on posts on my profile. Same thing with adding photos from your computer. I see how to do that right here, but don't see that option when posting on my profile page. Same goes for adding a photo or editing a post on someone else's profile.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• Links to welcome pages on profile

Thanks again, everyone! The links to welcome pages in the profiles is a good idea. I will ask about changing LOL to BOL and MOL for Catster.
    @Pippi — tell me what other breeds I should put in there and I will try this for you!
    @Pippi — go to your profile (click your username) and click the green box with the silhouette of a person. You’ll see a dropdown. Select edit profile to edit your profile!
    To change a photo on your profile, scroll over the photo and you should see a small hyperlinked overlay that reads CHANGE PICTURE. Click on that, scroll to the bottom of the box, and you will find a button for UPLOAD PICTURE!

Has the over-emailing issue been fixed for everyone? It seems like it has but I’m just checking :)

• Flicka_Lucas_Cleo_NerysFlicka_Lucas_Cleo_Nerys Norman OK ✭✭✭✭

Romeo Beau... then STAY... lets be part of the answer... not the desertion list.... at this point.

Sandy... Spam happens ... and its to do with Spam filters.. what they are.. how they work.
    Pet pages or not.. wont change that !
    Yes... having to upload a photo IS part of a Spam filter style... but it is far from the end answer to spam. Any photo could be uploaded. UNLESS you are going to pay staff to sit there and moderate 24/7
    Another filter is capatcha... which is vile to use
    Also a delay... an email needing to be acknowledged and sent back
    There are other ways... but pet pages isnt one ........sadly

I moderate an International photography site.... I can delete as many as 800+ accounts a day of Spam. Few filters were put in place... and that has to be addressed SOON. The Spam filters on here are actually doing an excellent job !!!

PLEASE can we get this Editor sorted Admin !! Please nicely.... Type merges.. we NEED line spaces to be recognised !! And the size of the font ! Pretty please !

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) & Nerys
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page

• Thanks @Flicka_Lucas_Cleo for your insight! I agree — no spaces recognized is pretty annoying. I'll bring it up! Font size is already on my list ;)

Sandy aka Thumper

@DogsterAdmin said:
    Links to welcome pages on profile

Thanks again, everyone! The links to welcome pages in the profiles is a good idea. I will ask about changing LOL to BOL and MOL for Catster.
    @Pippi — tell me what other breeds I should put in there and I will try this for you!
    @Pippi — go to your profile (click your username) and click the green box with the silhouette of a person. You’ll see a dropdown. Select edit profile to edit your profile!
    To change a photo on your profile, scroll over the photo and you should see a small hyperlinked overlay that reads CHANGE PICTURE. Click on that, scroll to the bottom of the box, and you will find a button for UPLOAD PICTURE!

Has the over-emailing issue been fixed for everyone? It seems like it has but I’m just checking :)

I think what Pippi was trying to get at with the pictures is that we can add pictures in comments here and the forums, but when you post a comment on a person's profile we can not post a picture like I have done here
    Oh and yes I think the email issue seems to be fixed... at least I haven't noticed any more for my level 3 BOL

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Sandy aka Thumper
    Flicka I realize that having to upload a photo for each pet will not keep most people from setting up fake accts. But It will be alot easier to spot fake accts by the photos they post..Also people are lazy. If they have to take the time to upload photos for every pet, its gonna slow them down, thus they may go elsewhere. Also I am not suggesting that the individual profiles would stop them, there certainly needs to be other systems in place to prevent spam. But the original Dogster had very few fake accts until Slay Media took over and let the spammers run rampant. I would really hate to see the same thing happen again with this new format.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• Hi all—
    Please stay tuned on the FAQ section for updates!