We Want to Hear From You!

Comments

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,586Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 September, 2017

@CharlieAbbieTotoStar

Go to FAQ
    http://community.dogster.com/discussion/888069/faqs#latest
    See the question "Where
    It tells you what to do.
    I made one each for mine and others are doing the same

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 7,188Member ✭✭✭✭✭

@Flicka_Lucas_Cleo said:
    Pippi... Group Banner....
    Try 1000 x 199 px size
    EDIT.. Works nicely !!!
    Icon... is 50 x 50
    Nothing is the size it looks or the size you measure ! Had to do this by trial and error !
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    In the Announcement bit on the Groups.. it says Important stuff will go here one day so it isnt oprational yet

@Flicka_Lucas_Cleo I was playing with group header this afternoon and came up with 1000x190, but that might have taken a wee bit off the side.
    I wondered if the announcements were working, but thought it might have said Important stuff will go here one day because none had been added in the group yet. Figured I would throw it out there just in case it was supposed to be working.
    I figured admin takes the weekend off, too, and rightly so. I have to add things when I think of them though. My memory isn't what it used to be. hehe

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,586Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 September, 2017

@Pippi
    That also could be 1000 x 200 !
    I just had enough of trying at that point and it appears to fit but is an odd number.. so 200 is possible ! :)

LOL... my memory bearly extends to what day it is and I just take a stab at the month.. and what year ? :)

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• harrypotterharrypotter Posts: 59Member ✭✭

oh ok thanks

Harry potter

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 107,892Member ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieAbbieTotoStar said:
    I saw where you can add pet's information, but I have more than one.

As of now all you can have is one pet... but we have spoken, and they have agreed to look into allowing multiple pets. It may take a while though so we need to try to be patient

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Sandy aka Thumper
    @ DogsterAdmin I do LOVE the new feature that shows if there are new posts when you click on your favorites or your groups.... It saves having to click on all your favorites to see if anyone has been about

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria GoshenPosts: 197,400Member ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieAbbieTotoStar I am Walker_Alexandria. I have posted their info in my Welcome thread. But I have posted pictures of all 13 furs that were on the old Dog/Catster. You can post each pups info in your Welcome thread. I'm not joining the catster side this time. Just staying on Dogster. My 3 favorite groups are for dogs and cats anyway's. B)

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

• DogsterAdminDogsterAdmin Posts: 103Administrator admin

Hey all! Hope you had a good weekend. Some updates here—

@Pippi I was able to add the second breed by editing your profile and typing that breed into the breeds box.
    For everything else, could you DM me with specific instances so I can look into this for you?

Glad the emails issue is fixed, phew!

@Sandy_Kramer_etc + @Pippi can you DM me with specifics about not being able to add discussions to groups?

Please continue bringing up any comments, concerns and questions! We are working on them for you.

<3

Sent :)

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• The_Wild_OnesThe_Wild_Ones PhoenixPosts: 58,498Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone! I notice some of you have signatures, and a link to your welcome page. HOW do you do that? And mommy is creating a welcome page for ll of us Wild Ones? Can it link to all of us?

Rubio's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - March 25
    Gotcha Day - June 12
    Rainbow Bridge Day - July 15
    Ranger's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - February 18
    Sparkle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 4
    Gotcha Day - July 18
    Tango's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - April 6
    Blaze's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 27
    Gotcha Day - October 31
    Rainbow Bridge Day - May 31
    Belle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - March 28
    Rainbow Bridge Day - June 5
    Daisy's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - May 5
    Rainbow Bridge Day - June 19

@The_Wild_Ones

Go to your profile

Click on the green box at right top.. click on Edit Profile.

menu on right hand side ...

Click on Signature settings

Write what you want in the box (you can change it any time)

Click Save !

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Thank you Flicka!

Rubio's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - March 25
    Gotcha Day - June 12
    Ranger's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - February 18
    Sparkle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 4
    Gotcha Day - July 18
    Tango's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - April 6
    Blaze's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 27
    Gotcha Day - October 31
    Belle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - March 28
    Daisy's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - May 5

Now how do I add "Check out our welcome pages?"

Rubio's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - March 25
    Gotcha Day - June 12
    Ranger's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - February 18
    Sparkle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 4
    Gotcha Day - July 18
    Tango's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - April 6
    Blaze's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 27
    Gotcha Day - October 31
    Belle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - March 28
    Daisy's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - May 5

@Flicka_Lucas_Cleo thank you for the help! I notice some signatures have a live link to welcome pages. How do I add those?

Rubio's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - March 25
    Gotcha Day - June 12
    Ranger's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - February 18
    Sparkle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 4
    Gotcha Day - July 18
    Tango's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - April 6
    Blaze's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 27
    Gotcha Day - October 31
    Belle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - March 28
    Daisy's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - May 5

I have another question: Can I rearrange my "Groups" so that the ones I visit always come up first? I have to scroll through a lot to find the ones I want!

Rubio's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - March 25
    Gotcha Day - June 12
    Ranger's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - February 18
    Sparkle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 4
    Gotcha Day - July 18
    Tango's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - April 6
    Blaze's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 27
    Gotcha Day - October 31
    Belle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - March 28
    Daisy's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - May 5

@The_Wild_Ones

Add the link to the Welcome page to the signature and save
    No.. can't rearrange but if you go to the Bookmarks it easier to find them

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

edited 26 September, 2017

OMD I just figured out that when you start a new thread or announcement in your groups ... YOU MUST select a category or it will not show. At least not for everyone.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

A few things I would like to see.
    A way for owners and maybe leaders to be able to delete threads that are no longer needed.
    A way for owners and maybe leader to be able to edit anyone's thread.
    And a way to hide threads that are not being used. Like seasonal threads that can be un-hidden when they are wanted again.
    The owners of groups and their selected leaders had the ability to do this with the old dogster. It allowed the owners of the groups to insure that dogster standards were met without having to notify dogster everytime there was a questionable post in their groups

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• DogsterAdminDogsterAdmin Posts: 103Administrator admin

Hi all —

I’m going to add a how to for the signature settings to the FAQs, good idea.
    We will let you know re: groups functionality!

Thank you! <3

@Sandy_Kramer_etc said:
    OMD I just figured out that when you start a new thread or announcement in your groups ... YOU MUST select a category or it will not show. At least not for everyone.

@Sandy_Kramer_etc where do you see an option to do that? When I try to add an announcement I have two boxes I can type in ... NAME and the details, but I don't see anything for selecting a category.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

@Flicka_Lucas_Cleo said:
    @Pippi
    That also could be 1000 x 200 !
    I just had enough of trying at that point and it appears to fit but is an odd number.. so 200 is possible ! :)

LOL... my memory bearly extends to what day it is and I just take a stab at the month.. and what year ? :)

@Flicka_Lucas_Cleo it's got to be a little smaller than 1000x200. I get some cut off if I use that.

@DogsterAdmin said:
    @Pippi I was able to add the second breed by editing your profile and typing that breed into the breeds box.
    For everything else, could you DM me with specific instances so I can look into this for you?
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc + @Pippi can you DM me with specifics about not being able to add discussions to groups?

Message sent, and thank you for adding the second breed. Don't know why it wouldn't work for me, but glad it's fixed.

@The_Wild_Ones said:
    Now how do I add "Check out our welcome pages?"

@The_Wild_Ones I copied and pasted the web address for my welcome page to part of my signature. I edited the bits between the square brackets [ . . . ] to say "check out my welcome post" (I did not use quotation makes) and left the rest alone. .

@The_Wild_Ones said:
    I have another question: Can I rearrange my "Groups" so that the ones I visit always come up first? I have to scroll through a lot to find the ones I want!

Most recently visited at the top of the list would be nice.

@Flicka_Lucas_Cleo I just noticed the group banner can show up two different sizes - same picture and it cuts them off differently depending on which size is showing up. On the main group page is appears to show up at least close to right with 1000 x 190 or something close to that. But when you go into a thread/discussion under the group the banner shows at the top and is smaller and part of the banner cut off. That is going to make designing something that looks good both spots more difficult.

@Pippi said:

@Sandy_Kramer_etc said:

@Sandy_Kramer_etc where do you see an option to do that? When I try to add an announcement I have two boxes I can type in ... NAME and the details, but I don't see anything for selecting a category.

Pippi... I had to do an edit on the announcement after it was posted before the box would show to select a category. Thinking that is something they will have to look into. Did ask about putting the group discussion category at the top, because as of now it is at the bottom of a very long list

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Ok to do the announcement you may have to do a search under your name to find it once you have posted it. Then add the category. It does not have one for announcements so you will have to do it as a group discussion, but it will show in the announcement section once the category has been picked

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@Sandy_Kramer_etc said:

@Pippi said:

@Sandy_Kramer_etc said:

Pippi... I had to do an edit on the announcement after it was posted before the box would show to select a category. Thinking that is something they will have to look into. Did ask about putting the group discussion category at the top, because as of now it is at the bottom of a very long list

. . .
    Okay @Sandy_Kramer_etc I see how you are doing that now. Will have to see if I can find my announcement and add it to the group discussion category. Sure hope they can make it where you don't have to go through all those extra steps to add future announcements or new discussions. Would be nice to pick the category when you make the initial post, or even better have those set as defaults in the background when making announcement or new discussions under a group. Glad you found that work around for now.

@Sandy_Kramer_etc I agree - Dogs Group Discussion would be nice at the top of the list - before all the breeds. Or Announcements as an option - also towards the top before all the breeds.

@Pippi, I added my pages, so far, and it has the name of the link! How do I make it say just Tango's Page, etc?

Rubio's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - March 25
    Gotcha Day - June 12
    Ranger's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - February 18
    Sparkle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 4
    Gotcha Day - July 18
    Tango's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5