We Want to Hear From You!

Comments

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TN ✭✭✭✭

@DogsterAdmin - using what Sandy_Kramer_etc said above I was able to find my announcements and set Dogster Group Discussion as the category and they show up now. That's a work around, but hope tweaks can be made to be able to add the category when creating the announcement (or new discussion) rather than make it, search for it, and edit it to make it show up.
    . . .
    The other thing I noticed it there is no way to delete it or hide it. I think Sandy_Kramer_etc may have said that or something like it as well. If I have a seasonal announcement I don't need it to stay up there forever. It would be nice to be able to remove or hide once they are no longer relevant.
    . . .
    Thanks.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

@The_Wild_Ones said:
    @Pippi, I added my pages, so far, and it has the name of the link! How do I make it say just Tango's Page, etc?

@The_Wild_Ones I changed the bit between the square brackets . . . [ . . . ] to what I want to show up. I left the rest of it alone.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• The_Wild_OnesThe_Wild_Ones Phoenix ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pippi, I don't have any brackets!!! I have what shows up in my signature.

Rubio's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - March 25
    Gotcha Day - June 12
    Rainbow Bridge Day - July 15
    Ranger's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - February 18
    Sparkle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 4
    Gotcha Day - July 18
    Tango's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - April 6
    Blaze's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 27
    Gotcha Day - October 31
    Rainbow Bridge Day - May 31
    Belle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - March 28
    Rainbow Bridge Day - June 5
    Daisy's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - May 5
    Rainbow Bridge Day - June 19

@DogsterAdmin it would be nice if there was a way to edit a post after you have posted!!!

Rubio's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - March 25
    Gotcha Day - June 12
    Ranger's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - February 18
    Sparkle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 4
    Gotcha Day - July 18
    Tango's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - April 6
    Blaze's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 27
    Gotcha Day - October 31
    Belle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - March 28
    Daisy's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - May 5

@The_Wild_Ones said:
    @Pippi, I don't have any brackets!!! I have what shows up in my signature.

Don't know if this will show up right or not, but what I have in mine is:
    check out my Welcome Post
    . . .
    I'll describe that just in case it changes it when I post this.
    I have an open square bracket - [
    then what I want to show up for the text of the link, in my case check out my Welcome Post
    Then a close square bracket - ]
    No spaces after that, and next is an open parenthesis - (
    the URL for my welcome page
    a space
    quotation mark - "
    the URL without http:// in front of it - just starts with community.dogster
    closing quotation mark - "
    closing parenthesis - )
    . . .

@The_Wild_Ones - It did change what I had when I posted it. Was afraid of that. Hope you can tell how it is from the way I described it above.

• Sorry I missed the chance to save our pet profiles - that was only reason I had an account with Dogster and Catster.

@Pauline Green said:
    Here is where you suggested saving content but nothing about "pet profiles are not preserved and will not be coming back".

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc Bangor ✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 September, 2017

@ Vickie Staffelbach have you checked the way back machine to see if your pet profiles were saved. most of them were when Slay media first announce they were closing the community.
    http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.dogster.com/dogs/748428
    This is one of my pets pages... Replace my pets number with yours and you can find all the times your pet was saved

Not sure how to find a pets id number unless you have bookmarked one of their pages then you could probably copy it from the address bar

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Hi all!

We are working on updates for you :) and I've made a few changes to the community that you will already see live and in action (BOL and Sad reactions added). @Sandy_Kramer_etc that Wayback Machine is SO COOL! Do you mind if we put it in our FAQs and use Sandy's profile as the example?

Please head to FAQs on Profiles and FAQs on Navigating the New Community.

Also, please help us rename levels to something COOL! http://community.dogster.com/discussion/888143/help-us-rename-levels

@DogsterAdmin said:
    Hi all!

We are working on updates for you :) and I've made a few changes to the community that you will already see live and in action (BOL and Sad reactions added). @Sandy_Kramer_etc that Wayback Machine is SO COOL! Do you mind if we put it in our FAQs and use Sandy's profile as the example?

Please head to FAQs on Profiles and FAQs on Navigating the New Community.

Also, please help us rename levels to something COOL! http://community.dogster.com/discussion/888143/help-us-rename-levels

Yes you can...
    Hopefully most people know their old pet numbers but maybe we can find a way to get them for everyone

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@DogsterAdmin Thanks! Being able to add links to groups on my profile will make getting back to them so much faster and easier. Love being able to add links to welcome pages, too. Not only is that easier to add it there, but makes it a consistent place to look for it on other profiles.

• 4basenjibratz4basenjibratz Pasadena ✭✭✭

I think the Dog Forums name should be renamed. I keep thinking it's like the old dogster's forum page (those without plus). But when you click on it now, it's all breeds and questions/answers re: all breeds.
    Maybe it should be called: Dog Breeds (a place for questions/answers on dog breeds)

Talker, Savannah aka Banners!, Ryker and Rookie LeRoux
    "We are Basenjis with an Edge"

@4basenjibratz said:
    I think the Dog Forums name should be renamed. I keep thinking it's like the old dogster's forum page (those without plus). But when you click on it now, it's all breeds and questions/answers re: all breeds.
    Maybe it should be called: Dog Breeds (a place for questions/answers on dog breeds)

I think the forums are mixed in with those... They should maybe find a way to separate them into types of forums...

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• Thanks! We can look into ways to separate out categories differently.

• Sorry.. Internet has been down for 24 hours.
    @Pippi I have no trouble with banner size 1000 x 199 or 200
    No worries.

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) & Nerys
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page

• @DogsterAdmin
    Is that the first time you have discovered the Wayback Machine ?

A bunch of those fella's came in and spent 10 days 24/7 copying much of Dogster/Catster into the Wayback. Stuff that wasnt there before bless them.
    Its been around for many many years and is basically a digital history of the Internet.

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) & Nerys
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page

• BaileyLevineBaileyLevine Mahomet ✭✭✭✭✭

How do I tag for American Eskimo?

Love from Bailey!

@DogsterAdmin I just wanted to say that I am getting used to this new Dogster and there are definitely things I like. I love how easy it is to add pictures, that you can bookmark the threads you visit and that you can tag other members THAT is awesome!
    I would love to be able to decorate my profile page, or at least add more pictures.
    Also, having the option to edit or delete a post would be terrific.

Rubio's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - March 25
    Gotcha Day - June 12
    Ranger's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - February 18
    Sparkle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 4
    Gotcha Day - July 18
    Tango's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - April 6
    Blaze's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - July 27
    Gotcha Day - October 31
    Belle's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - February 6
    Gotcha Day - March 28
    Daisy's Welcome Page*
    Birthday - May 5
    Gotcha Day - May 5

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria Goshen ✭✭✭✭✭

@DogsterAdmin I'm getting the hang of the site! I agree with @The_Wild_Ones also. Pictures, bookmarks and tagging is great! Thank you for listening to. We've (mommy) has been with Dogster since Aug. 2008. It was a shock the first time here. Change isn't always easy. But you are helping us all. I like being able to add pictures of all my furs to my Welcome page. We have made so many friends thru Dogster and its good to see some of them making their way back :)

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

• Yay! Thanks! We still haven't made a widespread announcement about the communities yet, but please feel free to share the links and info with your friends. We want to work out a few initial issues before we go wide! Thank YOU all for your patience and your feedback. We are working on some issues and we are seeing how we can best serve your needs with the new software. Please keep the feedback coming and let us know what we should add to our FAQ page!

I had a problem today where I made a post that had multiple photos in it. Only the last photo showed up. So I went in to edit it and got the first and last to show up, but not the others. Edited it again and the whole post has disappeared.

...Sandy aka Thumper
    OK mom found a work around for the photo issue. Mom says put three periods between each photo... Not sure why but it allows you to post as many photos as you want...

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Thanks @Sandy_Kramer_etc - I'll try that next time. I have no idea where that post went or I would try to edit it one more time. Hehe.

• Flicka_Lucas_Cleo_NerysFlicka_Lucas_Cleo_Nerys Norman OK ✭✭✭✭

Thats a good tip Sandy !

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page

edited 1 October, 2017

Kramer

Pippi if you go to the search bar at the top of the page put in anything and hit enter then the next search bar that shows up has an arrow. click on the arrow so that the advanced search shows then you can search for the name ......

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

edited 1 October, 2017

Sandy aka Thumper
    Hoping they can make the search feature a little more functional... :wink:

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• HersheyHershey San Francisco ✭✭✭✭

Any chance of expanding the Emoji selection? I miss things like and and and lots more!

Hershey
    When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• HersheyHershey San Francisco ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 October, 2017

@Flicka_Lucas_Cleo said:
    @The_Wild_Ones

Add the link to the Welcome page to the signature and save

Well, THAT doesn't work...
    The question is, how do you turn the text "Winkie's Page" into a link?

Hershey
    When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page