edited October 25 in Welcome

Doin' Dogster!

Name: Hershey
Breed: American Cocker Spaniel
Hometown: San Francisco

Birthday: Oct. 22, 2005
Gotcha Day: Jan. 2, 2006
Weight: 26-50 lbs.

Meet my furmily: Winkie (short fur Van WInkle)

Nicknames: Boo, Boody, Baby
Quick Bio: purebred, senior, deaf

Likes: Riding in the car, cuddling with daddy, food, riding on ferries and trains
Pet Peeves: mail shooting through the door slot, dinner served late
Favorite Food: anything anyone wants to feed me, or what I can find on the ground!
Favorite Walk: along the beach in Pacifica

About Me: I'm a chocolate-going-gray Cocker Spaniel. My pawrents got me from a local breeder when I was just 11 weeks old. I have a rescued brofur named Winkie, who is also a Cocker Spaniel. He's about 9, and has lived at my house since 2012. We're both deaf, and we don't see furry well, but our noseys work just fine!

Hershey
When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Comments

• HersheyHershey San Francisco ✭✭✭✭

What I really wanted to do here is start a diary. Remember diaries? This is the furst day I've tried to play in the new Dogster site. It's way different from the old one, and I'm an old dog now. But hoping I can learn some new tricks! BOL!!

Tomorrow Winkie and I are going to our dogsitter, where we'll be staying a whole week or year or something while mommy and daddy go visit daddy's mommy in a faraway place. So I may or may not be able to drop in here. See you when we get back! :) (Hoping for a lot more emojis, too! BOL!!)

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• BlazeBlaze Medina ✭✭✭

Maybe we just have to post in our comment section, as a Diary on our page.

Love,

Blaze and Mama Heather

• BlazeBlaze Medina ✭✭✭

Love,

Blaze and Mama Heather

• BlazeBlaze Medina ✭✭✭

My Angels Max and Molly:)

Love,

Blaze and Mama Heather

I'm thinking that might be the idea, Blaze. Love the photo!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• 4basenjibratz4basenjibratz Pasadena ✭✭✭

Hi Hershey!
    It's me Laura and Talker and Savannah.

Talker, Savannah aka Banners!, Ryker and Rookie LeRoux
    "We are Basenjis with an Edge"

I am on my work computer so I don't have a lot of pics of Ryker and Rookie. But this is my first day on the new site.

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc Bangor ✭✭✭✭

Sandy
    Sorry Hersey didn't mean to mess up your page... If you flag my post I am sure they will delete it for you

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

No worries! I'm sorry I got your name wrong!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Woof Talker and Savvy! Great to see you here!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

We're having lots of fun at the doggie boarding house! The lady who's taking care of us sent daddy a picfur of what we've been up to!

Same as we do at home! BOL!!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TN ✭✭✭

Hiya Hershey!

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Woof, @Pippi!!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Winkie and I went to the groomer today. That's where we get baths and haircuts. It's fun there, we get to play with the other dogs when we're not wet or up on a table. When we get home, mommy has always got rid of all the doggie smell we've worked on fur weeks or years or something. So we have to start all ovfur. A doggie's work is nevfur done!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Oh my goobness, as Dubs used to say! We had BIG winds last night! So loud that they woke mommy up! When the sun came up, the sky was full of smoke! We found out there are huge fires burning, up where the wine doggies live. We could smell them. Mommy is furry sad, because she used to live there and on TV she's seeing places she knows, all gone. Here at our house, we have a lot of branches and leaves on the ground, and garbage cans and patio furniture blown all ovfur. We could only go on a short walk because the air is hard to breathe and stings your eyeballs. It's nice and warm, but we can't open windows. We're pawraying fur all the peeples and their pets up there.

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria Goshen ✭✭✭✭✭

We saw the fires on the news @Hershey ! Looks very bad and awful for all. You all be careful.
    Have a great time visiting with Aunty Pam <3

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

Thanks @Walker_Alexandria! We haven't seen any news today, but there was a lot of smoke at our house again when we woke up. We pawray fur our neighbors up there.
    Auntie Pam is here!
    We like her!
    Today we took her to see the ocean, because she's nevfur seen ours.

It was smokey even there, and then the fog came in! We went to two beaches, and did a lot of walking, and then the hoomans did some eating, and then we all came home tired. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

WOW!! Hello Aunty Pam!! Hello Hershey and Winkie and their daddy!!These pictures are Great!! <3

Author Unknown

• roscorosco ✭✭✭

Great photos!

It's so horrible about the fires in your area Hershey. Mom read last night about the 100 year old husband and his 97 year old wife who perished when their home caught on fire. Sooo heartbreaking.

I read your post about starting a diary. I posted my BanCam review of a movie on the dog discussion thread and now it's lost on another page and I don't think anyone bother to read it. We all use to be able to post these things on our profile diary section which was nice and pups could see diary entries made daily. But it's not that way now.

I think the Games should be on a separate thread and separated from dog discussions. sigh
    We are trying to enjoy the site but it's frustrating trying to be creative and then it gets lost so quickly.
    :'(

edited October 12

Woof, @4basenjibratz! I know it's diffurent, but we're getting used to it. I decided to think of my Welcome page like my Pat Page on the old Dogster, and write my diary here. It works better than the Profile page, because it's also where I can post photos and stuff. Every fur can see them evfurry day. Whenevfur you post a new one it goes right to the top in the Welcome section. Have you made a Welcome page yet?
    We're also learning new words. Like here, Discussion means "thread," and Admin means HQ. And if you keep posting , they keep giving you badges!
    Really, a lot of what we had on the old Dogster is here, it just looks strange. Evfurrone is a little lost, so that's okay. The site is still Under Construction, and we're the construction crew. The new Admins are furry furiendly and helpful, and lots of fun! If you bark at them, they'll bark back, and answer your questions and look at your suggestions.
    Where's the BanCam review you wrote?
    The fires just keep getting worse and worse. One of our furiends has been evacuated, another's pawrents lost their winery. A lot of mommy's favfurite places up there are all gone. And the smoke is thick at our house, 50 miles away. Mommy took this today at 5:00 p.m.

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

• MJF_Dalton_PipoMinkoMJF_Dalton_PipoMinko Battle Creek ✭✭

So scary those fires. And sad too for all the peeps.

OMD!! The fires are awful. Many, many prayer's for all peoples and critters <3

Author Unknown

Thanks Hershey for being a good guide pup. I guess I didn't post it in our welcome page. I'll post my review there and see what happens.

edited October 12

The fires just keep getting bigger and bigger. Mommy so wanted to show Auntie Pam her favfurite place in the whole world, and now it's all burning up. We have lots of smokey chokey air here again today.
    @4basenjibratz we found your BanCam review and read it, and we'll definitely see that mommy and daddy rent that movie!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

:'( Hershey I just got back on here seeing if you or Aunty posted anything today. The news on tv is terrible but I know in person it is worst :'(

Author Unknown

• roscorosco ✭✭✭

Lots of love and hugs and prayers for you and everyone, Hershey. I'm so sorry. Hugs. Hugs. Hugs. You and Flicka's Mum were so looking forward to the trip to the wine country. I'm glad you posted. I was concerned about you. I'm so sorry. So sorry for you, and for everyone that has lost so much. I'm sorry the beautiful countryside you love so much is on fire. I'm sorry you guys can't have the trip there together as you planned.
    Love and hugs and prayers.

Thank you @Walker_Alexandria and @rosco. It isn't that Auntie Pam and mommy aren't still having fun. Auntie Pam loved our big orange bridge!

And riding on a cable car! And today she's making a real English dinner fur mommy and daddy. (She says that's fun! Mommy can't believe it, BOL!!)
    But mommy is furry sad about her favfurite place, and disappointed not to be able to take Auntie Pam there. Daddy says it's okay, we can go different places. :)

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Oh I'm sure your mommy and Aunty are having lots of fun! Cable Cars look super fun! Enjoy your Din-Din :)

Author Unknown

We got so busy, I haven't had time to write about our visit with Auntie Pam! This morning she went back home to Flicka, and I'm sure he was furry happy to have her back home!
    We nevfur did get to take her up to the wine country, but we did other things. Besides the big orange bridge, she wanted to see merry-go-rounds

and redwood trees (Can you see her?)

and a lighthouse

and our city

And the ocean

We think she went home happy. And tired! BOL!!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page