Introducing...Rescue dog that charges at my son when I am around. I think he is fears my son.

Pet's name: Zues
Pet's Hometown: Cumming GA
Pet's Birthday:2010
Pet's Gender:M
A little more about my pet(s):Rescued from a hoarding situation. Very aggressive and plays alpha around other males

Comments

• I really need some advice. I adopted a dog from an SPCA that was rescued from a hoarding situation. He doesn't seem to like males. However my husband and a neighbor that walks with us sometimes he doesn't seem to have a problem with. Whenever my son is around he barks and charges at him and has even bit him. I feel he fears my son. He will take food from my son's hand but very cautiously. I don't know how to fix their relationship so there will be peace at home.
    When my son is home I have to isolate my dog to protect my son from being bit as well as to protect my dog from being kicked or punched.
    I tried to tell my son to use commands like stop and sit to the dog but he just swings at him. My kids think I love my dog more then them but that's not true I am very passionate about animals and I am afraid he will be put down or will not get a good home if I let him go. We have two other dogs that are rescues and my son gets a long fine with them.
    I need advice how can I fix this situation that my dog zues will learn to trust my son and understand there is no harm there?

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc Bangor ✭✭✭✭

I would suggest finding a trainer that will work with both your dog and your son. If the dog is afraid, then your son lashing out is gonna make it a lot worse. If they work on the issue together, your son may be more likely to bond with the dog.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born