my boy is sick, sicker then i have ever seen him.any advice?

my 9 year old great dane/fox hound mix male is sick. lost his appetite two weeks ago and has been drinking a lot of water. vomits in the morning when he drinks water, and there is green/yellow bile in it, but nothing dark, no blood or anything else. he has not once vomited food, and keeps water down the rest of the day. i can get him to eat a bit, usually later in the day, have been cooking chicken for him, some tuna steak, and scrambled eggs the last few days earlier in the day. but he loses interest in the food pretty fast. i've never seen him lose his appetite like this. he's lost about 15-20 lbs. was around 100, now down to 80-85. his usual vet was on vacation so i took him to another one within a few days of this starting. first she did urine test, then blood test and nothing unusual showed up. i will post links to those below. she suggested antibiotics and/or steroids to perk him up. by then his usual vet was back, and after looking over tests he also suggested antibiotics,

Best Answer

• BusterBuster Ormond Beach, Florida ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It would be a good idea to check your doggie for diabetes. This sounds like some symptoms. Please take him right away and tell them you want them to check his blood for diabetes. My dog had this and with proper treatment that can live a long life but they must get it under control as soon as possible. Hope this helps and your baby feels better soon!