My senior dogs are arthritis problem

adrianastephenyadrianastepheny Posts: 17Member
Hello Mate, Hope you are all fine. My dog had arthritis problem. She doesn't want to walk, after a short walk, she seated. That's why she become gain some weight. I really feel poor to her. Day by day she became weaker. I always tried to make her active, the vet also suggested that, but my dog does not want to walk.  

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 107,888Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Try massaging her legs and using a heating bottle on them to help them feel better before and after walking.   The more weight she puts on the worse her joints are going to get so not getting her up and about is a bad thing.

Did the vet give her anything for pain, if not ask him if you can give her a baby aspirin a little bit before you go walking that will help as well 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• adrianastephenyadrianastepheny Posts: 17Member
    Yes, I give him baby aspirin before walking, It's help. 
  • DeewelchDeewelch Posts: 5Member
    Try to walk your dog for a few minutes and give her plenty of water. Beds also affect the medical condition of your, I saw this canine cooler, it says that it can provide many therapeutic benefits for several skin conditions and can even help in treating a variety of ailments