Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

Moosehead Bar

Alison KingelinAlison Kingelin MiltonPosts: 31,004Member
edited 6 March, 2017 in Dogster Crushes
Hey everyone. Welcome to my bar, eh? I've decided to open an authentic Canadian bar. I'm calling it Moosehead Bar. It's beauty, eh? The drinking age for alcoholic beverages is 18 months (1.5 years). Everyone is welcome. Come on in and we'll have a "hayday." We also offer karaokie, a juke box, billiards and darts in the back room. ******************************************************* Non-alcoholic Drinks: Tim Ho's Coffee (1 bone) Tim Ho's English Toffee Cappucino (1 bone) Steeped tea (1 bone) Ice Tea -sweetened, of course (1 bone) Pop - all kinds (1 bone) Rootbeer Float - w/French Vanilla Ice cream (2 bones) Storm's Refreshing Rain Punch (3 bones) - see Dylan's diary entry of June 15/06 for ingredients and how to make this! Thanks Storm! Milkshakes - carob (chocolate), strawberry, vanilla, peanutbutter, mint, carob-mint, mocha, Tucker's Cherry Vanilla (2 bones) Slurpees - Cherry, Blue, Pupsi, Orange (2 bones) Happy Tail Ale (non-alcoholic beer) - 2 bones Alcoholic Drinks (church key provided free of charge): Mike's Hard Lemonade (2 bones) Molson's Canadian 5% (2 bones) Molson Ice 8% (3 bones) Sleeman's Cream Ale (3 bones) Sleeman's Honey Brown (3 bones) Any of the above beers in a two-four for large parties (12 bones) Newfie Screech (1 bone) Château des Charmes Chardonnay (3 bones) Peele Island Cabernet Sauv (3 bones) Long Dog Pinot Noir (3 bones) Canadian Club (2 bones) Dogarita - strawberry, raspberry, blueberry (3 bones) "Chocolate" Martini (3 bones) Bellatini - 2 Parts Stoli Oranj and 1 Part Cranberry Juice with a Lemon Twist garnish (3 bones) in honour of Bella Bean! Munchies: Peanuts (free, eh!) Pizza bones (1 bone) Tucker's Bacon Rolls (1 bone each) Hoggie - meatball or with Montreal smoke meat (2 bones) Canadian bacon on a toasted cheddar cheese bun (3 bones) Weenies and beans (1 bone) Poutine - french fries w/ beef gravy and real cheese curds (3 bones) Nachos with cheese and beans (3 bones) Chicken fingers w/ honey sauce (2 bones) Tortiere - Quebec meat pie with lamb, pork and beef ( 3 bones) Sicilian Nocellara Olives (2 bones) Ketchup potato chips (2 bones) Swiss Chalet rotisserie chicken w/ dipping sauce (4 bones) add mashed potatos with gravy, fries, wild rice or veggies (2 bones) Bun with churned butter (1 bone) Steak et frites (fries) - 4 bones. Desserts: Timbits - Call donut holes in US. 1 dozen variety (1 bone) Butter Tarts (1 bone) Nanaimo bar (1 bone) Apple pie - made with Canadian grown apples (2 bones) Maple flavoured ice cream - made w/ Quebec maple syrup (1 bone) Caramilk chocolate bar - with creamy caramel center. (1 bone) We are also able to offer a selection of healthy items courtesy of Queen Jill of the Snoop Doggs Group. Check out her recipes in her diary. Please make sure you pay me, because if you don't pay I'll end up on the pogey! (gulp)

Comments

• Ellen KenneyEllen Kenney Stuart / Saint Lucie areaPosts: 8,240Member
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ** Walks in and sits down ** Hi, Dylan! Could I have the... Nachos with cheese and beans, please? :-) I\'ll go drop \'ya three bones!
  • Alison KingelinAlison Kingelin MiltonPosts: 31,004Member
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Lady. Here's your nachos. Don't worry about the bones - this one's on the house. Can I get you a drink or dessert?
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    No outhouses.... Do you have a restroom?? *runs in circles*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh, I almost forgot - do want any jalapeno peppers with that?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thank you! Hmm.. Could I get an Ice Tea, please? :-) That\'s ok, we already gave \'em to you! We\'ll give you another one for the Ice Tea. If my bones are going to a good cause (Getting you and Star a house), then it\'s fine! ** Ohhhh, no jalapeno peppers! I\'ll have some serious toots!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yes, restrooms in the back, near the Dart board.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We need some music in here! *Walks over to jukebox and puts on Bare Naked Ladies cd* *Sings along to cd* If I Had $1000000 (If I Had $1000000) I'd buy you a house (I would buy you a house) If I Had $1000000 (If I Had $1000000) I'd buy you furniture for your house (Maybe a nice chesterfield or an ottoman) If I Had $1000000 (If I Had $1000000) I'd buy you a K-Car (a nice Reliant automobile) If I Had $1000000 I'd buy your love. If I Had $1000000 I'd build a tree fort in our yard. If I Had $1000000 You could help, it wouldn't be that hard. If I Had $1000000 Maybe we could put a tiny fridge in there somewhere
    *comes out* Thanks Dylan! Ohh, there seems to be an item that catches my eye... Could I have a steak with... I'll get back to ya haha!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I could make you a steak hoggie with cheddar, Kifa. Would that tickle your fancy?
    Sings with Buscuit*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ** Dips one of her nacho\'s in the cheese & beans and eats it ** Yum! This is really good, Dylan.
    Yes please and thank you Dylan!Do we have to be a certain age to get wine? If not i'd love to have some :)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *Biscuit sings to Kifa* If I Had $1000000 (If I Had $1000000) I\'d buy you a fur coat (but not a real fur coat that\'s cruel) If I Had $1000000 (If I Had $1000000) I\'d buy you an exotic pet (Like a llama or an emu) If I Had $1000000 (If I Had $1000000) I\'d buy you John Merrick\'s remains (All them crazy elephant bones) If I Had $1000000 I\'d buy your love If I Had $1000000 We wouldn\'t have to walk to the store If I Had $1000000 We\'d take a limousine \'cause it costs more If I Had $1000000 We wouldn\'t have to eat Kraft Dinner. (But we would eat Kraft Dinner. Of course we would, we\'d just eat more. And buy really expensive ketchup with it. That\'s right, all the fanciest Dijon Ketchup. Mmmmmm.)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey, what do you guys think about me getting a karaoke machine in here?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ** Dips another natcho in the cheese & beans ** That sounds cool, Dylan! Hey, were the restrooms by the dart room? Beans go in one end, and out the other! ** Dashing over to find it **
    Hey! I got... 345 bones on paws! I could buy you one, Dylan!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Kifa - you have to be 1.5 years. Our drinkin age is younger up here in the great white north. I'll buy you your first glass on the house. What would you like. They're all VQA, so they're all good. Lady - yes, bathrooms are in the back. I'm gonna put the karaoke machine over by the bar.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    That's really generous of you Kifa. I'd appreciate that a lot. I just realized I'm gonna need to hire some staff when I'm not here. Daddy's home for the weekend so I won't be on as much. Do you know anyone who would be interested in being a manager/waiter? They could keep the tips.
    *dances around and falls onto the floor* Haha... I think I may need a-- *sneezes* Never mind.
    Can I get a Mike's Hard?? Lets see.... and that hoggie you mentioned to Kifa sounds really good.....I'll toss you some bones here in a bit!
    I'm good at doing stuff like that! I could be our waitress!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Welcome Coby. Glad you could make it. *Writes down order and walks away* *Comes back with a frosty Mike's hard and a steak hoggie. Sets it down on the table* Enjoy! We bake our hoggie bread fresh here.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey Kifa, that would be great! I know we can trust you. Remember that closing time for alcohol is earlier than in the States because we got a bunch of hosers in government. Unless they order in French, bcs the bars in Quebec are open later.
    Say Coby... Were you following me?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ** Walks back from the restroom/back ** Hey, Coby! Glad to see you here. ** Sits back down at her seat and dips one of her nacho\'s in the cheese & beans **
    yummmmmmmmmmmmmy! Nothing like an ice cold beverage and a good sandwich after a hard days work! *tips biscuit 3 bones*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Bless you Kifa! You got allergies? There's some Claritin in the medicine cabinet under the bar. You don't need a prescription for that up here, eh?
    Hiya Lady! And no Kifa, I saw the bar, and decided to take a look myself!
    Great! Oh and what about Singing Nights? We get dogs at some point of the week and they come an sing, how about that?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thank's Coby. We appreciate your business! Since it's opening night, can I offer you a free dessert?