Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

How much does your pom weigh?

Comments

• mim kinmim kin Posts: 4,859Member
    edited 29 March, 2008
    Mutts are awesome too =;
  • themisfitbenji1themisfitbenji1 Posts: 6,990Member ✭✭✭
    edited 29 March, 2008
    That's what Daddy says. %:D%
  • zoe krantzzoe krantz Bowling Green, KYPosts: 20Member
    edited 29 March, 2008
    My baby weighs between 4.4 to5.5lbs. She is 16 months.
  • Lizzy NewbyLizzy Newby Cicero, INPosts: 2,769Member ✭✭
    edited 1 April, 2008
    I'm 4 months old, and I weigh 5 pounds.
  • edited 9 April, 2008
    Mia is 3yrs. old today and she fluctuates between 7lbs and 10lbs.
  • mim kinmim kin Posts: 4,859Member
    edited 11 April, 2008
    Sweet =]]
  • Rick/Sherry GoldsteinRick/Sherry Goldstein Posts: 12Member
    edited 12 April, 2008
    I have 3 male Poms - my eldest Napoleon weighs about 11lbs and about half of that is fur - my second to the eldest Nikko weighs in about 10lbs and my youngest Valentino weighs in at a whopping 12lbs. I feed my can food mixed with dry once a day but then I have dry food out to continuous feed. I usually only have to fill the bowls once or twice a week. The boys have a big back yard w/a doggie door so they come and go throughout the day and once a week they go to the doggie park for about 2hrs and that is the best exercise every because they run just about all of it. You might try walking your little one once or twice a day for exercise and or try the doggie park its great...
  • A SickingA Sicking ClevelandPosts: 5,463Member
    edited 14 April, 2008
    I got back from the vets office today and I am exactly 5 lbs!
  • Pamela RothPamela Roth HurstPosts: 12Member
    edited 15 April, 2008
    Dani has a weight problem - she was a breeding girl for her first 4 years, so she\'s a food piggie. When I got her in July she was close to 6 lbs - now she\'s 9. Aaaigh~~ She also has a tendency to eat poop. Working getting that nasty trait stopped.
    edited 15 April, 2008
    :)) One of the first things my vet told me when Kitsu came in was that poms are some of the very best beggers BOL :))! and to be careful 'cause 1 lb extra weight is a 1/5 of their body weight more! That would be about 30 lbs over weight on a 150 lbs person and can add up very fast. I know your mommy will help you get your girlie figure back though ;) As for the poop eatin, you can get tablets at Petsmart and other such stores called Coprophagia tablets which make the poo taste bitter and will help you to stop eating them. The other part of that is prevention (cleaning it up). Mom has seen a lot of puppy milled pups that had that bad habit but she will spare us from details... Sometimes it can be from missing something in the diet as well, so make sure your pup is on a good food too! Good luck! You sure are cute ;)
    edited 16 April, 2008
    I have 3 male Poms - and all 3 of them weigh in around the same weight 10-11lbs. The funny thing is they all have different appetites; my eldest Pom which is 17yrs old eats once a day and he is good to go - then I have one that is 4yrs old and he eats at dinner time then grazes throughout the day - my last one would eat all the time if I would let him and as you probably can guess he's my 11lb clunker...
    edited 16 April, 2008
    I have 3 male Poms - and all 3 of them weigh in around the same weight 10-11lbs. The funny thing is they all have different appetites; my eldest Pom which is 17yrs old eats once a day and he is good to go - then I have one that is 4yrs old and he eats at dinner time then grazes throughout the day - my last one would eat all the time if I would let him and as you probably can guess he's my 11lb clunker...
  • Cannelle FarnaultCannelle Farnault Los AngelesPosts: 298Member
    edited 18 April, 2008
    Lexie is 3 months old and weighs 4 pounds last time she was weighed.
  • c renee adairc renee adair The Sooner State!Posts: 5,058Member
    edited 1 August, 2008
    I'm wondering if anypup has a formula which gives a rough estimate of adult weight? somepuppy told me 8 wk.s weight X 3 or 3.5 ~did that calculate for any of YOU Poms?~b~ :redited for sp.
  • Whitney PrescottWhitney Prescott TitusvillePosts: 296Member
    edited 1 August, 2008
    I heard you can triple weight at 8 weeks and double at 12 weeks. I don't have experience with 8 weeks since I got Cooper when he was 12 weeks. At that time he was 2.5lbs at 8 months he's about 5lbs... so it seemed to work pretty well. I don't think he'll gain too much more weight.
  • krystelle nocomkrystelle nocom Metro manilaPosts: 16Member
    edited 2 August, 2008
    I weigh 4lbs ;) sometimes when im picky 3.5:)) but i go steady at 4..
  • Ben KeyserBen Keyser Posts: 11Member
    edited 5 August, 2008
    Ducky is 6 months and JUST over 2 lb.s lol
  • B MilesB Miles Posts: 32Member
    edited 5 August, 2008
    Bandit is 6.2lbs at 10 months...He gained about 2.2 in the last 6 months.=;
  • Barbie BurganBarbie Burgan WestminsterPosts: 282Member
    edited 6 August, 2008
    HI, I am right around 5lb at 7 months, not sure if I will gain anymore or not
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Ooo Something that I didn't get a chance to post before is the POMERANIAN GROWTH CHART. That should give you a good idea on how large your pom will grow. Click here for Pom Growth Chart http://www.pomeranian.org/content/view/17/47/
  • edited 11 August, 2008
    BamBam is three months and about three pounds.
  • Catherine CahyadiCatherine Cahyadi JakartaPosts: 1Member
    edited 27 August, 2008
    Hi, I'm new in dogsster forum..:) I have 4 poms...They're wonderful...:c9 Chelsea, my 1st pom weights about 15lbs...Kezia, my 2nd pom weights 5.6 lbs... Three months ago, Kezia gave birth to two large puppies...Each was weight 130 gram and 140 gram nat birth..It was big...Coz my friend's pups were only 80 grams at birth... And now, at 14 weeks (3 months + 1 week), the pups' weight at 2.2 lbs (male) and 2.8 lbs (female)...I think it was so big..Because, their parents both are only about 5.5 lbs... And I remember, when Kezia at that age, she was only 800 grams... I was so confused with this weight problem bcoz i read alot about breeding and it was said that the size of the puppies is depending on the size of their parents...It means, their size will never exceed their parents' size.. Am I right on this? But, what I see on my pups is really a big concern for me... Actually, I don't want a big pomeranian.. So, is my pups a fast grower and they will stop growing at certain age and stop at 5.5 lbs like their parents? Or they will be oversized? Thx before for the answer :)
  • Jami BeaverJami Beaver Posts: 12Member
    edited 27 August, 2008
    I'm not a giant pomeranian after all!! All the poms we see are tiny, so it is nice to hear there are other poms out there above 10 pounds. I havent been weighed in awhile, but I am about 12 pounds. No fat on my body though. I say all the weight is hair! lol:))
  • pokey spokey s Posts: 1,230Member
    edited 29 August, 2008
    I weigh 15 pounds, I always thought I was \"big\" for a pomeranian, after seeing many smaller poms. Although I have seen quite a few my size as well now. When I have a bath I am just as tiny as the others. I am not overweight really either, but not slim either, bol, I like to eat. I guess there\'s just different size poms!? :?
  • Josh&Joanna DJosh&Joanna D OntarioPosts: 25Member
    edited 30 August, 2008
    Tyco, my little boy weighs in at a big four pounds.
  • joe glanzerjoe glanzer emeryPosts: 6Member
    edited 9 September, 2008
    I weigh 10 pounds.:q
  • Mina GuillenMina Guillen AustinPosts: 182Member
    edited 11 September, 2008
    Kory weighs 3 1/2 pounds at a year and a half. I personally wished he'd beef up to 4 pounds but it seems to be his healthy weight so I'll take it :)
  • Heather MacAnannyHeather MacAnanny Dover, DEPosts: 167Member
    edited 19 September, 2008
    Wittle girl is 13 months old and weighs 7 lbs. She's full grown now and I think she's a perfect weight.
  • Christine StrawChristine Straw WaterlooPosts: 8Member
    edited 28 September, 2008
    My girl is 11 pounds and my boy is around 9....
  • Rambo TavakoliRambo Tavakoli Los GatosPosts: 1Member
    edited 24 October, 2008
    Rambo is 17 weeks old and weighs 5 1bs. 1 oz. We were told he would be around 4-5 lbs at his adult weight but I think he will definitely continue to get bigger. He is rather tall for a pom as well.