Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

How much does your pom weigh?

Comments

• Jennifer ColvinJennifer Colvin Wichita KansasPosts: 5Member
    edited 27 October, 2008
    I have three poms. Luna is 7 pounds, Merlin is a little over 8 pounds and Midnight is 10 pounds.
  • Cindy GuerraCindy Guerra Posts: 1Member
    edited 29 October, 2008
    I was over a year old when my Mom adopted me. I weighed between 4-5 pounds the whole time I was with her. Mom had a pommie girl a long time ago before she got me. Mom adopted her at 2 years and she was only 8 pounds because she was malnourished. She got up to 12 pounds when she was about 8 years old and the vet said that was a little overweight so she had to go on a diet. I think she was bigger than I was partly because she was a Standard pom and was taller and had a bigger body than I did.... I was a Toy pom. Mom just got a new baby girl and she is 14 weeks and weighs just over 3 pounds, so she will be about 6 pounds... a little bigger than I was. I think it will be neat to watch her grow! :)
  • A SickingA Sicking ClevelandPosts: 5,463Member
    edited 3 November, 2008
    Um, I'm really not trying to be offensive or anything like that, however, there is no such thing as a "toy" "teacup" or "standard" pom. Pomeranians are a "toy breed" as in "in the toy dog category". If you have any questions about Pomeranian Breed Standards please visit: http://www.americanpomeranianclub.org/standard.htm
  • Faerin ColferFaerin Colfer Posts: 1Member
    edited 8 November, 2008
    Pip is a bit chubby (as in it's a little difficult to feel her ribs) but she's itty bitty to start with. She weighs about 5 lb.
    edited 9 November, 2008
    Our Scooter is about 12 pounds.. twice as big as his mom!
  • Joey JohnsonJoey Johnson MesaPosts: 2Member
    edited 12 November, 2008
    My girls look exactly the same size however Mazzy (4 yrs old) goes between 3 and 4 lbs and Jimi (thegirl) (2 yrs old) goes between 5 and 6 lbs. Mazzy's fur is super fluffy, making her appear the same size as Jimi. Jimi's fur is long and straight and stays close to the body.
  • Amanda TeaagueAmanda Teaague Posts: 34Member
    edited 26 November, 2008
    Paris is 9 wks & weighs exactly 2 lbs :] I'm curious to see how big she'll be full grown :D
  • mim kinmim kin Posts: 4,859Member
    edited 7 December, 2008
    Aw, Paris, you\'re adorable. ;c;
  • Sierra ParkerSierra Parker Posts: 465Member
    edited 21 January, 2009
    I'm 12 weeks today and I weigh 1.8 pounds as of 2 weeks ago. I have to be weighed again.
  • Jillian GassmanJillian Gassman FordsPosts: 1,613Member
    edited 1 March, 2009
    I am 14 weeks old and I weigh 3.3 pounds. Last week I was 2.7 pounds...I was too skinny when my Daddy brought me home! Mommy made me lots of food though and I'm doing much better!
  • Grace CollinsGrace Collins Posts: 90Member
    edited 14 March, 2009
    Last trip to the vet, I was a healthy 18 pounds. And I'm not chubby at all! My family calls me the Hercules Pom :))
  • Elizabeth RElizabeth R ABPosts: 1,035Member
    edited 15 March, 2009
    Four weeks ago Skyline weighed 2.9lbs. We find out in a week what she currently weighs :)
  • Heidi NiemanHeidi Nieman Posts: 5Member
    edited 19 March, 2009
    I weigh 4.5 pounds at 3 months old. My weight full grown will be around 7 pounds just like my purebred parents. Those who are concerned about there poms being over weight should feed them only dog food, no human food. Also go easy on the snacks. :) I love snacks but mommy won't let me have them a lot cause my puppy food is better for my tummy. :)
  • Dawn WalkerDawn Walker Quispamsis, Saint JohnPosts: 3,946Member
    edited 22 March, 2009
    Hunter is 8lbs. Charlie (half American Eskimo) is 12lbs.
  • Elissa BroniarczykElissa Broniarczyk Posts: 501Member
    edited 23 March, 2009
    Bella is going to the vet tomorrow to get weighed. She is 12 weeks and 1 day (as of sunday) so monday will be 12+2. I'm hoping I can roughly estimate her adult weight by doubling what I get tomorrow afternoon.. :-k
    edited 23 March, 2009
    We went to the vet today. Bella is 12 weeks + 2 days old and a whopping 1 pound 10 ounces. %:D%
    edited 23 March, 2009
    never mind.. lag.
  • Dawn WalkerDawn Walker Quispamsis, Saint JohnPosts: 3,946Member
    edited 3 April, 2009
    12lbs. %:D% Hes my big strong Pommy |:| Hes actually much taller then a normal Pom, too
  • janet schellerjanet scheller Posts: 144Member
    edited 3 April, 2009
    I am 9 months old and 5 lbs 1 oz as of last week
  • Kris HayworthKris Hayworth windy cityPosts: 3Member
    edited 12 April, 2009
    Nova is 15lbs and his brother Vega is only 3, go figure :-k
    edited 17 April, 2009
    Now 1 day shy of 16 weeks and 2 pounds 7 ounces (she had only breakfast before going) She really isn't doing a good job of following that chart. 1st was 1.10 (12 weeks 2 days) Then 2.2 ( 1 day shy of 14 weeks) Now 2.7 (1 day shy of 16 weeks) What she will be is a mystery.:?
    edited 22 July, 2009
    Bump.
  • Lynne D'HondtLynne D'Hondt Posts: 25,982Member
    edited 23 July, 2009
    Angus stays between 8-9lbs and Loki stays between 6-7lbs.
  • stefanie tothstefanie toth Posts: 73Member
    edited 23 July, 2009
    Nappy is a little more than 5 pounds.
  • Sierra ParkerSierra Parker Posts: 465Member
    edited 29 July, 2009
    I last time I was weiged, I was 4.8 pounds. That was when I went in for my spaying surgery. Estimating, I should be about 5.1 or 5.2 pounds now. :)
  • Amber MarshallAmber Marshall Posts: 814Member
    edited 30 July, 2009
    I normally weigh 12 to 13 pounds! ....Mom said poms used to weigh 30 lbs! :D
  • Audrey DurninAudrey Durnin Posts: 936Member
    edited 30 July, 2009
    I just looked through the posts, and I saw I put Bodhi's weight when he was 8 months old. Update~ He is 2 years 1 month old and weighs a WHOPPING 10 lbs!!! Good thing he is a lil on the bigger side b/c he has a GSD fur sibling to contend with :)
  • Katy SmithKaty Smith Posts: 131Member
    edited 2 August, 2009
    I am five pounds at a year and four months! my mommy thinks that is the perfect size< but she is biased!|/a/|
  • stefanie tothstefanie toth Posts: 73Member
    edited 2 August, 2009
    Nappy just weighed in at 6.5 pounds at almost 6 months...
    edited 3 August, 2009
    I'm back to my normal weight. About 9 lbs. They shaved my fur off. So I guess the fur adds to your weight. :?