Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

Birthday Gifts for Dog and Human?

Jess KJess K Posts: 539Member
Anyone know of a good website that sells Birthday gifts for both dog and human? I want to send my Grandmother a Birthday gift and she also recently adopted a new dog, so I kinda want it to be a combined birthday gift for them both. I looked on hallmark and 1800flowers but they don't seem to offer gifts like that. I know I have seen gift baskets that focus on animals and humans...I just can't remember the sites. Any help or ideas would be great! Thanks!

Comments

• Kerry EdmondsKerry Edmonds the dog housePosts: 663Member
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Doglovergiftbaskets.com has some really cute stuff but you will also pay good money. I am not sure how far away your Grandmother is. i have a very thoughtful friend who puts together baskets like that as gifts. I always love to get one of her baskets. She will include things like a book on dog care and a photo frame for the person and then dog treats, a toy, and a bandana for the dog or pup. ;)
  • Jess KJess K Posts: 539Member
    The website is very cute! Thank you! Sadly, I think it may be a tad out of my price range :-# I'm still hunting around. That is so cool about what your friend does! Was that her website or does she design baskets independently?
  • Hannah TykolHannah Tykol ElginPosts: 615Member
    That website is very cute! I have no advice. You could try thehautehound.com I don't know if they have anything like that. |bb|
  • Kerry EdmondsKerry Edmonds the dog housePosts: 663Member
    Hi: No, my friend does not have a website. She just starts with a cute basket, bucket, tin, etc. Then she fills it with the items I described. Of course eveything is basically color coordinated. I wish I could help more!
  • Cassandra RCassandra R Very Hot PlacePosts: 5,102Member
    What about buying her a gift certificate to a local groomer salon or maybe a gift certificate to Petsmart Doggy Day Care? Or just a plain ol' gift certificate to Petsmart/Petco? :)
  • Elizabeth KElizabeth K ChicagoPosts: 11,036Member
    I don't know of any websites in particular, but I do know some items that you can get for a dog and owner... I found this really cute "best friends" charm set at a pet store, it is a heart and it's made so you can put one half on the pet's collar and wear the other on a charm bracelet, necklace, or put it on a keychain for the owner. Here's a link: http://www.luxepets.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=47 Here is a website that has matching PJs for dog and owner: http://www.handsnpaws.com/c=6pZSEvhZOZECvksJZby3zblWz/product/GGBTAPASSION/Pink_Passion_Pajama_Set__Pet_or_People_Set_Matching_outfits.html Another thing I know of is Moody Dog. They make "mood changing" pet collars and also similar bracelets for people, so you could buy a matching set for the dog and owner. I've also seen a few websites with matching jewelry for pets and owners.
  • Jennifer HauserJennifer Hauser Hutchinson, MNPosts: 37Member
    I don't know if you'd find anything for your grandma, but I LOVE www.trixieandpeanut.com Very cute gifts for pet and human friends!!
    Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone! I'm not sure I found anything appropriate for my Grandma but I certainly saw a lot of things I will remember to look at for future gifts for my dog loving friends...and maybe myself BOL
  • Julie PantaloneJulie Pantalone CaliPosts: 203Member
    etsy.com has great handcrafted stuff. you can get alot of stuff personalized for a dog lover like a keychain, a magnet, handbag, etc.
  • adam johnsadam johns Posts: 6Member
    Hi, I am sure i can help you in what you are finding. I think you can give them their own photos on canvas of some special moment. You can find these thing here. Thanks Adam
    hmmmmm.
    Hi, I am too in such type of confusing state then someone tell me about this that from here you will get surely what you want a really unique gifts. I must say to you that just visit once there. Thanks Adam
  • themisfitbenji1themisfitbenji1 Posts: 6,990Member ✭✭✭
    I don't know of any dog websites that carry them; but, I know, recently at Dollar General I saw this adorable gift set for a human and her dog. It was only like ten or so bucks and came with a picture frame, a squeak toy, a journal, a cute pink collar and various other things. I mean, I don't know if you have a DG near you or if they'd carry the item- but, it was adorable. And, I would've picked it up myself it I had had money when I was there.
  • Lori GouzienLori Gouzien New OrleansPosts: 137Member
    %:D% What about a subscription to Bark Magazine? Has great articles and the information your grandmother will learn will help her new pup! And it is inexpensive..... Good luck!
  • Lori GouzienLori Gouzien New OrleansPosts: 137Member
    ~a~~a~~a~~a~~a~~a~ Went to the mailbox and what was there - my Bark Magazine April Issue!!!! (We were late renewing!)
  • Jen NJen N San Francisco, CAPosts: 64Member
    I think Bright Bites is a great gift for dog and human - the dog gets clean teeth and the human gets fresh doggy breath! no more smelly kisses! haha...they also come in these cute star shaped treats - so maybe the pup won't know they are actually dental treats!
    Beau BOL :)) My mommy gives me yummy doggie breath cleaners. Next time she goes to the store we may have to try that new brand! Thanks for all the other great suggestions! These are great for in the future when I need to think of presents. I never even thought of the dog mag subscription! :)
  • Denise OrabuttDenise Orabutt Oceanside, CAPosts: 13Member
    www.PetScenes.com has personalized gifts for dog lovers and also things like collars, leashes and toys for pets. Plus you can sign up for a Giveaway on the website. And... there\'s a coupon right now: petloversmay08 for 10% off your order. ~a~
  • Vanessa WensingVanessa Wensing pleasantonPosts: 2Member
    This may be a little late but I design paw print jewelry for pet lovers. We also have beautiful matching pet charms. The jewelry is of the finest quality and is both cute and classy. A percent of all on line purchases help needy animals. See it at http://www.ashleyandco.com/index.asp
  • Carina JahnCarina Jahn San MarcosPosts: 9,631Member
    Hi Kodi - Amazon.com has items for dogs as well as people. Good luck finding that perfect gift. =;
  • jo anne cohnjo anne cohn Posts: 11Member
    Here's an idea... if you send my mom a picture of your mom and her dog, she can have a super car or refrigerator magnet made out of it. Check out her website at www.funcartattoos.com. Actually, you should check out her website anyway cuz you'll see lots of pictures of me on it! Your friend, Yori (smile)
    Hi, Why don't you go and try some photograph paintings they are always a good gift for everyone whether for humans our our love (Dog's). Thanks Adam
  • shubh2110shubh2110 Posts: 1Member
    How about a handmade painting of you and your dog?