The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Comments

• HannaBelleHannaBelle HoustonPosts: 18,183Member ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Pippi, it think it was the rain we had that made the grass grow so fast. The yardman did come yesterday yaay! Expecting rain today.

NerysMom, we know you are busy with all the pups over there...one rather large one! Just pop in when you can.  You are having ice storms and it's warm here. 

Hi SlinkySandyMom, hope all is well.

My son gave Hanna a bath yesterday. Today there is white fur everywhere!

xoxo  <3

"Dogs are miracles with paws.” — Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 7,210Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking like the ceiling sample to be tested may be lost in the mail.  Hoping it will still turn up, but will delay things.  Between that and uncle's schedule with medical appointments, now probably looking at March 15th before I can have them start.  Sigh.  Trying to look on the bright side.  That will give me more time to finish extra things I decided to do - like paint and put down new flooring in the bathroom.  

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 107,902Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Just running through... have pictures of our new family member 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Hello Bo!  Welcome to your new family and dogster.  

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Hi all

Pippi, are you remodeling the bathroom? Is this because of the plumbing problem?

Hi NerysMom, SlinkySandyMom

My phone has a lot of static so the repairman is coming.

xoxo  <3

Hi all
    SlinkySandyMom, you have a new family memeber????  How cute. Tell us more!
    xoxo  <3

Good morning all.. Just a quick check in.   The new dog seems to be settling in fine, but now Mom and Dad are having issues with Dads final work check and his retirement pay...Good dog what a mess anyway hope everyone has a good day

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all
    SlinkySandyMom, oh no....hope the problems with retirement pay gets fixed. It sounds like a stressful situation. 
    Hi Pippi, NerysMom

Had a fun time at lunch with my school friends . The chocolate dessert was to die for!
    OMD!
    xoxo <3

Just running through again.   Poor Bo had a vet visit yesterday.   He has a uti and both years are infected... no wonder he seems not to feel good... His PH was so high the vet is a little concerned but said he won't panic unless the antibiotics don't help... .

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Just running through with a quick hiya.  First some POP for Bo.  (((HUG)))  Hope he will feel better quickly.  
    . . . 
    Mom has been scrambling this week to get some last minute things done before the plumbers started.  They were able to start today. Lots of holes in the walls and ceilings at the moment, but glad to see it starting.  They are saying at least two more days.  Yes, decided to do some updating in the 2nd floor bathroom since the vanity had to be pulled out anyway to get to plumbing anyway.  It was particle board and had gotten wet some time in the past and has been disintegrating since. So mom found an old dresser to turn into a vanity.  Then she decided she has never liked the wall color in there.  So this would be a good time to change it.  And then thought it was also a good time to update the floor.  It didn't go with everything else that was getting changed.  Do you see a pattern here?  hehe.  Wish we could do lots more but it all takes money.  Beyond that, all the plumbing in the house is being replaced.  (Talk about money!)
    Right now every room either has furniture and stuff piled to one side of the room or has extra stuff in it where we tried to get it out of other rooms.  It may take a bit to dig it all out.  Hehe.  But a good opportunity to go through things as we do move it back.  Anyway, we may not be on as much over the next week, but rest assured we will be back!

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,590Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wavesssssssssss

Was a pretty day today thankfully. More clearing down to do.. but I needed to have some time outside... did 4 hoiurs leaf raking.. OUCH

HannaMum.. Lukie was a black fuzzball... Nerys is a white one !

Pippi.. so hoping things start to go right .

Sandyyyyyyyy !! Hellooooooooooo new doggie ! We need a name and story !

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Morning all.   Pippi so glad the plumbing is finally going... It must be a huge relief that things are getting fixed.   I don't blame mom for fixing things up some in the bathroom.  having a nice room might take away the sting of all the money that had to be spent.

Flicka mom the new dogs name is Bo.   We aren't sure if he is going deaf or if his ears are just so infected that he can't tell when we are talking to him.   He seems to be doing a lot better already.

Hanna Mom.   Dad has someone working on the pay, but mom is thinking it will probably take a while before it is all sorted out... (*sigh*)

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, sorry poor little Bo is having some problems but glad he seems to be doing better.

Pippi...OMD.....all that stuff going on at your house makes mama nervous! We are having our hot water pipes in the attic replaced today but not near the stuff you are having done. The water will be off so no toilet!  :o

NerysMom, glad you got to go outside....it was beautiful here yesterday, too. Today is pretty, too, and cooler.

xoxo  <3

Mom could spit nails today.  Here she was thinking there was a light at the end of the tunnel and that we would get back home soon.  When the company had called to schedule this job they said two days - Thursday and Friday.  Mom didn't believe that and asked if it ran longer do they work on the weekends, because next week should be a chemo week for uncle.  That means five days in a row at the hospital and some days are long.  They assured her yes they work on weekends and stay with the job until it's done.  Well, when the crew left at 3:30 today they said they would be back Monday.  Mom told them Mondays are out for her.  In looking at mom's and grandma's schedule, it will have to be next Thursday and Friday when they finish up, and that's having grandma be at the house in mom's place.  Didn't really want to do that.  Grrr.  Mom just wishes she had been given the truth about someone working the weekends if they ran longer.  Could have planned better then.  Sigh.  Mom keeps telling herself we are going to get home.  We are going to get home.  We are going to get home.  I think she needs some ruby slippers.  BOL!

Meant to add that hope Bo's hearing is a temporary problem and can be cleared up.  (((HUG)))

Hi all

OH NO....Pippi! That's awful.  We had plumbers yesterday and they finished up in 3 hrs. Only problem is water isn't coming into the dishwasher so a hose must be clogged. The guy is coming to pick up his money today so I will ask him about it. Otherwise all turned out well. I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time getting yours fixed. 

Hi SlinkySandyMom, NerysMom

xoxo  <3

Morning all
    Pippi... Mom says nothing is ever easy... (*hugs*)

Well just when we thought things were looking up Ridge decided to scare a skunk... Thank god he only got hit by a tiny bit of spray... but OMD even a tiny bit is unbelievable.   Mom is burning odor eliminating candles and we got some spray from a neighbor to spray on ridge.  we have also used some baking soda on him... Hopefully it will only be a matter of time before he smells better

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@HannaBelle we're envious your plumbing repair is almost done.  Hope the dishwasher will be a quick, easy fix.  Mom says our ordeal is starting to remind her of a soap opera or something where we're seeing what we can throw in there next.  Sheesh.  
    . . . .
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc yikes!  Aunt and uncle's dog got a small squirt one time.  I know what you mean about the stink.  Hope it is much improved today!
    . . . 
    We've had a quiet day here.  Mom fell (2nd time this week) and is sore.  So we napped with her today and helped her watch some tv.  Probably just what she needed anyway.  

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,590Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4
    Slinky Sandy.. so glad Bo is doing better bless him.
    I have a bottle of stuff in the Little House for emergencies re Skunks ...  https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Miracle-Skunk-Remover-Lavender/dp/B000NJJKCM . My pal Buddy gets skunked alot and his Mama swears by the stuff. Anywhere that sells Natures Miracle stuff sells it

Pippi.. I am so very sorry. When they have finished (and its al working.... then ask why you were told one thing and something different happened.

HannaMum.. so glad the work went well. Hoping the dishwasher is an easy fix.

Hugssssssssssssssss for all.......

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, I always say I wonder why things have to be so complicated. It doesn't seem like anything is easy these days. Oh NO....SKUNK!  :o

Pippi, since all is fixed except the dishwasher I guess we got by pretty well! So sorry mom fell! Tell her to take it easy!

NerysMom, the dishwasher should be an easy fix (maybe). He will need to pull it back out and take the hose that's clogged and flush it out and then put everything back. He didn't come yesterday (surprised because we haven't paid him yet) so he doesn't know about the dishwasher yet. We had a big load of dishes and ended up putting some water in and running it through the cycles. It did work. If I don't hear from him tomorrow I will call. Love to all the pups!

xoxo  <3

Morning all
    Flicka Mom Thanks for the tip.   MOM put it on her next amazon shopping list.   Hopefully won't need it before it arrives LOL.

Ridge is smelling a lot better and Bo is doing really well.   Laundry day here today... Lots of dog bedding to be cleaned .. Hope you all have a great day 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

I think that may be the stuff mom's aunt used on their dog.  He got two baths in a row.  

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, glad Ridge is smelling better and Bo is doing well! Cleaning going on here, too.....oh and sneezing!

Hi Pippi, NerysMom

xoxo  <3

Morning All 
    Mom is trying to figure out why some people seem to have no common sense.   Dad has to have a new sleep study for his Va Benefits... They sent the letter to us here in Maine so they know where we live, but the idiots have scheduled his appt with his doctor in Wisconsin... Um.... That is a freaking long drive for a one day sleep study.   Anyway that is mom's project for today... Hope everyone is doing well 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, sounds like you have a hard project ahead of you. Can you change the place it's scheduled?
    Hi Pippi, NerysMom
    xoxo  <3

Hi All.
    Well Dad has an appt with a doctor here who can then set up for a sleep study here... What a pain, but at least we think it is sorted.

Today they are prepping for a big storm.. we could get 18 inches of snow... assuming the weather man is not losing his mind... Any way hope you are all having a good day 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

18 inches of snow?!!  Yikes.  We had that ONCE here.  Things were shut down for two weeks.  We're just not set up to deal with that kind of snow volume.  Hope your weatherman was just confused.  @HannaBelle do you see much snow there?  I'm guessing not.  

Good morning all 
    Well we are now getting some flurries but the big storm won't hit til late this afternoon.  18 inches is a lot even for us.  10 to 12 inches is what we usually consider a decent storm.... if this is heavy snow like they say it will be it will make an awful mess.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Still hoping they were wrong about how much snow you are getting @Sandy_Kramer_etc .  Will you have to get snow off the roof?  Hope it's at least pretty watching it come down.  (((HUG)))

Hi all

Pippi, we don't hardly ever get snow here and if so it's only a dusting.We don't really like snow so I guess it's a good thing. 

SlinkySandyMom, glad they were able to get the sleep study there. We have seen coverage of the snow storms over there. Hope you don't lose power! I'm sending chocolate!

Hi NerysMom!

Yesterday we went for our 6 month bloodwork and today I'm going with my husband for his physical therapy.

xoxo  <3