The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Comments

• HannaBelleHannaBelle HoustonPosts: 18,224Member ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Pippi, oh no....you go lay in mom's bed all wet!  I did shake and get mama all wet!

SlinkySandyMom, good luck on your project. Maybe it calls for more chocolate!

xoxo  <3

"Dogs are miracles with paws.” — Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,089Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

Yes we will be able to sleep in the bedroom til they get all the walls up.   I assume they will use one of the windows to get in and out  LOL

Supposedly it should be done by the 4th of July.   Mom is hoping they are right

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Hi all,

One of my daylilly gardens!

SlinkySandyMom, I know you will be glad when this project is over. 

Taking my husband for PT.

xoxo  <3

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 7,485Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh how pretty that looks with the daylilies.  Like the color of your brick, too.  
    . .  .
    @HannaBelle the last bath I got the tub made a  big gurgling sound (since we now have nice clean, new pipes and not pipes so full of gunk nothing could drain) that spooked me and I kept trying to get out of the tub.  Mom was about as wet as I was from trying to hold me and keep me there.  Hehe.  I didn't even have to get the bed wet to pay her back.  BOL!  She said next time he may wash us in the kitchen sink now that we have a bigger sink.  

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,622Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc

Love the bed and the dresser !
    Hoping it all goes well for you !

Hugsssssssss for Hanna and Pippi Mums

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Hi all

Pippi, you got scared of the gurgling sound BOL!  I bet mom had fun trying to hold you down in the sink with water splashing everywhere.

NerysMom,  awwwwww......Nerys looks so sweet!

Gotta run, taking husband to eye doc and then groceries.

xoxo  <3

Morning all

Love the lillies.   Our neighbor has a lot of lilies, but she got tired of tending to them so is giving them away.

Oh Nerys looks content

Mom says the bed came from a yard sale in Pa.  Most of the furniture is either from family, yard sales, thrift shops or dumpster dives LOL.   Mom says the book cases are probably the only new pieces that she owns

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, I haven't found the daylillies hard to take care of. It seems like roses are the most trouble.

Taking husband for PT.

xoxo  <3

Hiya everyone.  Nerys is beautiful.  Was she worn out from the puppies?  
    . . . 
    Our lightening detector went off a minute ago.  We haven't really heard anything yet, but I'm on high alert now.  The clouds were looking like we could get rain.  I went and found my favorite toy and brought it up on the bed with me.  I'm snuggled in close.  So if we do have a storm I guess I'm as ready as I am going to be.  Still can't believe mom likes thunderstorms.  

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Good Afternoon.

Hanna Mom roses are really hard.

The neighbor had a ton of lillies in a garden.  she used to til the soil around them every year and put down mulch to keep the weeds down.   Then she stopped putting mulch because i cost to much so by mid summer the garden would be half lillies and half weeds.       Now she is giving most of them away, but she is keeping a few of her favorites and will clump them together so there won't be as much weeding to do .

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

Pippi, what is a lightening detector? Hope the storm wasn't bad. We need rain but not storms!

SlinkySandyMom, the daylillies do get lots of weeds. I didn't think they would come back after the freeze but they are more beautiful than ever.

The yardman mowed yesterday so the yard looks really nice.

xoxo  <3

Morning all

Dad did some mowing yesterday.   It was supposed to be rainy but turned off nice.   Today is supposed to be nice but so far wet and rainy.

The wood for the addition was supposed to be delivered on friday, but that did not happen.  Not sure if they will deliver tomorrow or not.   They are supposed to move the oil barrel tomorrow, but not sure if that is still on schedule or not.   (*sigh*).    Anyway mom is not gonna stress, she is just gonna try to keep it fun.

Hope everyone has a good day 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, you just can't trust those weathermen! Try not to stress too much....bring on the chocolate! BOL

I had a stomach virus last night so didn't get much sleep. Feeling better this morning and having my hot tea.

xoxo  <3

Good morning.

Hanna mom, glad you are feeling better.   I would rather have a cold for a month then a stomach virus.   

Looks like it is gonna be a beautiful day here today.   Been watching the birds building nests inside the eves of our covered deck.   thinking we may have to use the back door most of the summer so as not to scare them too much LOL

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, we had rain last night and more expected later. We really needed it. I was getting tired of watering. We've been watching the hummingbirds.

xoxo  <3

Hiya.  Warm and humid here again.  Mom is already wishing for fall weather.  hehe.  
    . . . 
    A lightening detector will let you know if there are lightening strikes within a certain distance.  Think ours is 20 or 25 miles.  It counts the number of strikes and tells you the distance away of the most recent strike.  Think of it as a weather geek toy.  Hehe.  Our storm wasn't bad.  
    . . . 
    Hope things are back on track with the renovations @Sandy_Kramer_etc .  Don't you hate waiting on people/things?  We're waiting on the neighbor to come back and finish up with the dresser/vanity for the bathroom.  He worked on it yesterday and has just a wee bit to finish up.  Thought that was going to be this morning, but no such luck.  Mom will be so glad to be able to put things away.
    . . . 
    @HannaBelle hope you are feeling better.  I agree with Sandy, I'd rather have a cold for a month.  (((HUG)))
    . . . 
    Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi all

Pippi, we had a close lightening strike the other day and the thunder that followed shook the house. Mama tried not to look scared but she did. I know your mom will be glad to put everything away and get back to normal. 

Daddy going to PT today.

xoxo  <3

edited May 23
    Good morning all.

Well things have slowed a little.   Freaking Town hall could not issue the building permit because they were having a training day...What be the heck.  Anyway we did get the goliath poles installed, but the contractor does not want to do anything else til he has the permit in his paws.   

Mom did get more pictures but figure they are too slow loading here, so she posted on FB and made the post public so everyone should be able to see them even if you don't have an acct.

https://www.facebook.com/tina.m.sidell/media_set?set=a.10215941274990926.1073741855.1418650172&type=3

Let me know if you can't see them 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, yes, I can see the pics. Looks like a big job. How long will it take? 
    Makes me want to have some chocolate!

It's raining here.

xoxo  <3

Good morning 

Hanna the Contractor thinks it will be done by the 4th of July, assuming the city doesn't throw anymore road blocks.   Mom is not happy with them right now because there were more issues with the permit.  (*sigh*).

Mom says it is gonna be a no stress day, so will post a link to some of her outside plants instead 

https://www.facebook.com/tina.m.sidell/media_set?set=a.10216025123647090.1073741856.1418650172&type=3 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, your plants are nice and I love that swing! Do you use it much? We have a wooden one on our patio. Those permits can be so frustrating.

More showers expected today but the sun is out now.

xoxo  <3

Hiya!  Hope the permits are taken care of now.  Mom will give you lots and lots of sympathy for anything that slows the project down.  

Good morning all

Well yesterday was not a fun day.   The contractor went to get the permit.  Now they want a structural engineer to check our doublewide to be sure it can hold the addition which means Tuesday before anything else will get done and then yesterday while mom was soaking in the tub getting ready for bed Ridge decided to play with Duchess.  Somehow in all the play he tore off one of his toe nails.   OMD blood everywhere.   Dad ran in to get mom who had to get dressed then the spent a half hour trying to get it to stop bleeding.  Finally mom says they needed to take him to the emergency vet who managed to get it to stop bleeding got it cleaned up and bandaged properly.   Now he is on pain meds and antibiotics til Tuesday.

Hanna Mom the swing was a freebie when we lived in Virginia.  The person who owned it just did not have room for it.   I had to replace the canopy and the cushions  but it is a comfy place to sit when its too hot to sit in the sun  

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, oh no.....that's too bad about Ridge. I'm glad the vet was able to fix him up. Sounds like a stressful situation going from a hot bath to the emergency vet! Our swing is on the patio which is covered and we also have a ceiling fan. We can only sit out there a short period of time in the summer because even though it's covered the heat and humidity is so bad.

Hi Pippi!

xoxo  <3

Good morning all.

Well I think our Contractor has decided he doesn't like our city LOL.   He finally got hold of an engineer that specializes in modular homes.   He has no problem with the addition EXCEPT.   that it needs to be on a floating slab.  So the beautiful poles we put in to be sure nothing would move were a waste of money.   Of course to get a slab in is gonna take 3 weeks.  So the project is now on hold til then.   The Contractor also has to rework the plan design and do something about the poles.   Not sure if they can be removed or if they will have to be buried or if the can simply work around them.   (*sigh*) 

Ridge seems to be healing though its hard to tell with a bandage on, but he isn't limping and he is eating well so no pain.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom,  OMD I can't believe all the stress you are going through. I think I  need a dose of chocolate. Glad Ridge is OK.

We had a storm last night with lots of lightening, thunder and rain blowing sideways. I was glad when it was over. Supposed to have more later today and then a whole week of hot dry weather.

xoxo  <3

I hate to hear that about Ridge.  Glad to hear he is not in pain.  And gosh.  I'm so sorry the house is on hold.  (((HUG)))  Hope once they get started again that things will go quickly.  
    . . . 
    @HannaBelle hope your weather is not as bad as predicted.  We've got chances of afternoon storms ... typical summer weather.
    . . . 
    Well our weekend is off to a really lousy start.  It began with the discovery that we still have plumbing issues.  Got in touch with the company that had done the work and they sent someone out, but they want to charge $500 to do anything.  Mom is arguing this is related to previous work.  Not sure how that one is going to end.  But let me tell you about the rest of the day.  Pawpaw came over to be there while the plumber was there.  We have found that some of the plumbers were not so nice to mom, but would be very nice while Pawpaw was around.  So he came over to be there.  Well, at our house you go up two steps, have a little bit of a walkway, then go up two more steps.  Pawpaw had gotten to the top step and had his hand on the door, mom had been across the street and was coming up behind him.  His knee gave away and he fell backwards and tumbled first to the walkway and then fell off that to the driveway.  Mom was not close enough to be able to help, and didn't make it to him until after he was on the ground.  He scraped up the top of his head and his shoulder was pretty sore.  Neighbor across the street saw and came over to help, and then another neighbor across the street, too.  Of course the plumber shows up right about then.  So mom is trying to show him the problems quickly and get back out to Pawpaw.  She also called grandma to tell her she needed to come over.  Grandma came and took Pawpaw to the ER, thinking maybe a dislocated shoulder.  Well, they went to the closer hospital, which is a little smaller.  They did an x-ray of the shoulder and a CT scan of the neck.  They discovered in their examination the he had more pain when he tried to lift his head up higher.  X-ray of the shoulder came back good.  Nothing broken there.  The CT scan showed a possible fracture of the finger like bit on the c6 vertebrae.  So they did a more detailed CT scan, and it was a fracture.  Apparently lots of nerves go down through there and he was having some numbness in one hand and arm.  That hospital (who had been great keeping them informed and moved things along pretty quickly) didn't have a neurosurgeon on call this weekend.  So they had to move him to larger hospital, not too far away.  Have to back up for just a sec.  Our plumbing is unusable at this point again.  So we had to pack up and go to grandma's house.  Back to pawpaw now.  At this point it is 9 pm.  Pawpaw went by ambulance from one hospital to the other.  They have him in a neck brace and flat on his back and don't want him moving much.  Grandma's night vision is not good.  So she came home and them mom drove her to the other hospital.  They were at the other hospital almost 11 hours.  They did some other x-rays and tests.  Pawpaw is in a cervical collar that really limits his neck movement for the next 6 weeks.  He is in it 24/7, no going without it.  He will see the neurosurgeon again in 6 weeks and they will decide from there.  I'll back up again.  While mom and us were at grandma's house waiting for grandma to  get home Dutchess caught a lizard and brought it in the house.  You should have heard the blood curdling screams from mom.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you all heard it even in other states.  Then mom screamed more when Dutchess dropped the lizard in the house.  Sheesh.  Then more screaming from mom.  It was a bit much, and by the time mom finally settled down Dutchess was hiding and not coming anywhere near mom.  Anyway, everyone is finally back home this morning.  Thinking this is going to be a good day for lots of napping.  
    . . . 
    Hope the rest of the weekend goes well for all!

Hi all

OMD, Pippi!!!!!!  :o What a day your family had! So sorry about PawPaw. Hope he will be OK. My hu-bro has problems with a vertabrae in his neck and may need surgery at some point. He has tingly fingers. 

Your mom is scared of lizzards? Mama is scared of mice and roaches. If she sees a roach she will scream and run around like crazy and spray it with roach spray until it flips over and dies. Thankfully, we have an exterminator so don't see many roaches and the roaches here are HUGE and they can fly!  :#  Once I caught a mouse and brought it to her and she screamed and ran into the bathroom and slammed the door until daddy could dispose of it!  Poor Duchess, she doesn't understand! 

I can't believe you are still having plumbing problems. That's not right! Whatever it is I hope it's fixed soon.

Sending healing thoughts that your family will have a better day and be able to rest today. 

SlinkySandyMom, hope Ridge is doing OK.

xoxo  <3

@HannaBelle mom is not very thrilled with mice either.  Roaches she will step on, if she has her shoes on.  She might not if they were huge and could fly though.  I imagine she might scream at those, too.  Hehe.  
    . . . 
    I hate to hear your hu-bro may need surgery for his vertebrae.  Pawpaw is having pain in his shoulder and tingling and numbness in the arm and hand.  They feel it's all related to the fracture in the vertebrae.  They said lots of nerves and major blood vessels run through that area.  We are hopeful that 6 weeks in the cervical collar will be all he needs.  They will do x-rays at that time and look again and go from there.  Has your hu-bro been having trouble for long?  Is there any kind of physical therapy or anything other than the surgery they can do to help?

Just running Through ... will post again in the morning.   (*hugs*) for everyone that needs on 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page