The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Comments

• HannaBelleHannaBelle HoustonPosts: 18,224Member ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Pippi,  those roaches are scary!  Hope PawPaw will be feeling better. Hu-bro has had this problem for some time. He is seeing a neurosurgeon right now and hopefully PT will be of some help. 

Hi SlinkySandyMom!

xoxo  <3

"Dogs are miracles with paws.” — Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,089Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMD Pippi.   Your family is having some really bad luck.   Mom says our problems seem mild in comparison. 

We will keep our paws for Paw Paw.   Dad's mom had issues with her neck and she had to have surgery.  She was never really right after that.   lots of pain issues and later a lot more surgeries.

What be the heck with the plumbing issues.   I would be thumping them Plumbers up side the head til everything works the way it is supposed to.

We have never lived any place where there are lizards, but OMD we had the flying roaches in Virginia Beach.... They gave mom the willies really bad.   Dad would set bug bombs about every 6 months to be sure they were not in the house.. Mom says mice don't scare her, but on the other paw she does not want them in her house, they do way too much damage.

Hugs for everyone.   And will keep our paws crossed that everyones luck gets better this week 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom,  how is your construction coming along?  Those roaches love it here because it's warm and humid. I don't know why mama is so scared of them. Thankfully we have an exterminator so most of the ones we see are either dead of ready to be that way.  Funny, cuz she's not scared of spiders.

Pippi, hope all is well there.

xoxo  <3

Good morning.

Hanna Mom.  Construction is stalled due to permit issues and needing to do a slab.   Hopefully next week we will get some progress.

Dad bought mom a pressure washer.   He didn't really think it would be something she would use, but bought it mostly just to shut her up LOL.   Mom used it yesterday on the Deck.  she got it about 1/3 done.   Dad had to admit he was wrong and that it does a really good job LOL 

Today she is gonna Sand down the rough spots on that area and then move the deck furniture so she can do the next section 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, we have a pressure washer and it works great. It is hard on the back, though!

Mama went to Walmart yesterday and walked from one side of the store to the other and now her legs are so sore! 

xoxo  <3

Good morning all

Mom says the pressure washer doesn't bother her back as much as her hands.   They tend to be stiff most of the time so its hard to hold the trigger for too long.

Mom planned to do some sanding today, but it rained so hard the deck is still wet so mom says she will just have to do more washing today,  Hopefully she will get to do some sanding tomorrow

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 7,485Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosh behind again!  Guess that is going to be my new norm and I might as well get used to it.  Hehe.  
    . . . 
    @HannaBelle hope the PT will help for the back/neck issues.  That sounds better than surgery.  And @Sandy_Kramer_etc - yikes, hate to hear about all the surgeries.  
    . . . 
    Plumbing ... that is becoming a bad word in our house.  Hehe.  Can't remember if I gave details before or not, but the trouble we are having now is the sewer line again.  The original company is still being jerks.  Another company has come out and snaked the line and ran a camera, but they couldn't see much.  The camera was under water at the point it seemed to hit the problem.  Everyone's best guess is it is tree roots.  11 years ago we had the sewer line outside the house replaced.  And this year we replaced everything in the house except the part under the concrete slab in the basement.  It is looking like that is now going to have to be replaced as well.  And mom is just sick over the thought of it.  Sick over the added expense, too.  Mom did not get a chance to talk with other plumbers to get multiple quotes and opinions on what needs to be done.  She has been busy helping grandma and pawpaw.  And next week is probably a chemo week for uncle.  So that means 5 days with him.  Mom is feeling stretched pretty thin right now.
    . . . 
    Pawpaw is doing a little better.  He is up and moving around more.  He really isn't feeling pain in the neck, but rather in his right shoulder and down his right arm, along with tingling and weakness in the right arm.  At the hospital in the ER they were saying they feel that is all from the neck as a lot of nerves run down along the finger like bit he has fractured on the vertebrae.  He doesn't see the neurosurgeon until the 6 weeks is up, but we are still wondering if there isn't some kind of injury to the shoulder itself.  Perhaps just badly bruised bone.  Mom says seeing the fall she would believe there had been an injury to it.  Anyway, he's moving around more, but still needs help with a lot since he is right handed and isn't using that arm much.  It's also hard to see to do things with that cone of shame on.  We're glad to see him moving more and moving more easily.  So there is progress.  
    . . . 
    Grandma and pawpaw were having trouble with their TVs and some of the stations.  So they had the cable company out and they found a variety of problems including part of the outside wire that had been chewed by squirrels, bad computer board on most of the input options on the upstairs tv, and the downstairs tv - which would have the sound cut out all the time - was sending interference back through the line.  So mom and grandma went shopping and got a new TV for upstairs.  Mom got that carried in and set up for them.  Then she carried the old upstairs tv downstairs and got it set up.  Only one input was working on it and that was all that was needed downstairs.  Then mom had to get grandma help her move the old downstairs tv to the curb.  That was an old, HEAVY tv.  Grandma was almost no help and mom was wondering if they were going to be able to move it at one point, but they finally got it.  Doesn't sound like much, but that took all day.  When mom and grandma were trying to shop for the tv pawpaw kept calling and asking them to come back and help with things.  So it took multiple trips, etc.  That seems to be typical for how things are going at the moment.  
    . . . 
    On a happy note, a friend of mom's sent her a surprise in the mail.  She got a package she wasn't expecting.  Good size box.  When mom opened it the card on top said something like into each life a little rain must fall, and now you will know just how much.  Turns out it was a weather station.  Mom is a weather geek so she thought that was a good thing.  Personally I would have been happier if it had been full of treats.  Just sayin.  Anyway, mom has it temporarily set up at grandma and pawpaw's house because she couldn't wait to play with it.  Plus, pawpaw finds that kind of stuff interesting, too.  Thinking they may end up getting on.  Once we get home and get things set up right, I think we should be able to send friends a link to a web page where they can check our weather.  It has two parts.  The outside bit collects temp, humidity, wind speed and direction, and rainfall.  The inside bit collects inside temp and humidity and barometric pressure.  Mom has been enjoying, but I repeat, I'd rather have treats.  hehe.  
    . . . 
    Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and getting some time to relax and play.  Mom hasn't gotten much done today either.  The new tv upstairs has chromecast built in.  So mom has been trying to figure that out and the harder bit is trying to show grandma how to use it.  Wish mom luck.  BOL!

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,622Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hugssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I am so sorry everyone has been having such awful hassle. Hoping the extension is going to be ok SlinkySandy.. and PippiMum.. give those plumber hell lady.

HannaMum.. hoping you are well and Papa too.

We are slogging on. Celt and Saxon are really high energy dogs and they have to be exercised for at least 4 hours outside over the day.

They go on Tuesday for the "snip"

Nerys is a cuddle bear.. that digs.. and the Boys dig too .

I am trying to keep up with the work outside as well and failing .

Past week has been 100F and miserable.

Love you all

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Good morning all

Flicka mom glad you stopped by, Wondered how everyone was doing.

Pippi, mom says maybe you need to thump the plumbers

Mom says sometimes a good thumping is the only way to get someone to do what they need to do LOL

Hanna Mom, Hope your legs are feeling better.   Mom says she doesn't have issues with her legs as much as she does with her hip when she walks too much.   She really thinks its more of a back issue then a hip issue, but it's not constant so she isn't too worried about it.

(*hugs*) for everyone that needs one.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

Pippi......Oh Noooooooo!  That is way too much happening over there. Does your mom ever want to run away!  :o I bet all those plumbing repairs are expensive. We had tree roots in our sewer line before, too. What fun! Glad to hear PawPaw is making some progress.  I would never be able to hook up a TV to Direct TV.....thankfully hu-bro does all our technical issues but we have to wait until he finds time. He works 12 hrs a day.  I bet that was a surprise to get a weather station. I'm not sure what that looks like and would love some pics when mom gets time. Try to get some rest.

I have a little story to tell, too.  Yesterday when mama looked out into the backyard she saw that the redwood fence was leaning. She ran out to the 200 degree garage and found a couple of boards and just braced it. When hu-bro got home he made a strong brace and screwed it in. It really made a big difference and the fence is so much stronger. We will probably need a new fence soon, though. oy! 

NerysMom, so good to hear from you!  Sounds like all are well there. We had a diggin' dog once, too!  Really bad when they run around in the mud. I hope you take some time to rest!

SlinkySandyMom,  sanding sounds way to exhausting.  When my husband would paint something I was always the sander.....I hated it and always wanted to find a place to hide. 

xoxo  <3

Good morning everyone.

Mom somehow got busy yesterday, but didn't accomplish anything.   How can that happen LOL.   Anyway it was rainy and cold and it is rainy and cold again today.    Mom is thinking she will try to clean the laundry room and bedroom today.  Tomorrow should be nice enough to do more sanding, Oh Joy.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hiya everyone.  Catching up again.  
    . . . 
    @FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon I think you need to get in touch with a landscaping business and rent the pups out to dig holes when they are planting things.  BOL!
    . . . 
    @HannaBelle yes, mom has wanted to hide!  She actually hasn't had a chance to deal with the plumbers again, and needs to today, but would just like to hide ... and nap.  Lots and lots of naps.  hehe.  
    . . . 
    Mom was with uncle nearly 14 hours on Monday.  He is back in the hospital.  Think the biggest problem was dehydration.  We're kind of hoping they keep him a week, just so he will hopefully be more stable before he goes home.  Don't think much of the home health group, and felt they should be catching more and helping to be more pro-active, but they can't keep a regular staff so nearly every shift is a new person who doesn't know what kind of shape uncle should be in and assumes he is always like that.  Sigh.
    . . . 
    Then mom drove pawpaw to the doc yesterday.  His shoulder has continued to hurt a lot.  They are thinking torn rotator cuff.  They said they would typically do an MRI to confirm, but they don't want to do that while he is in the cervical collar.  They are afraid he will get moved around too much trying to get him in position for the MRI, etc.  So for now they said use a sling, pain patch, and if no improvement in a week come back and they may have to think about MRI.  
    . . . 
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc I'll bet the rain is delaying work there.  Trying to remember for sure ... next step is a concrete slab?  I hope once things get started again it will all go quickly and without further delay.
    . . . 
    Mom may put the plumbers off one more day and just have a lazy day with us instead.  She's ready for one of those.  Hope everyone has a great day.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom,
    Mama does that, too. Seems busy but nothing done!

Pippi, so sorry that uncle is back in the hospital but maybe that's the best place for him right now. Too bad about the home health care. Have you thought about looking for another one. The one mama had for her mom was wonderful. Poor pawpaw. sorry he is in pain. Mama broke her shoulder once so she knows it is painful. Hopefully you get to have a lazy day!

xoxo  <3

Hi All

(*hugs for all*)

Mom got the pressure washing done this morning so the deck just needs to have a few good warm days to dry then she can sand  and stain,

The Contractor called he thinks some of the work maybe be started next week.   He is still waiting on the engineer to draw up the new plans to be sure it is all done properly 

Mom says she is not gonna hold her breath though LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, instead of holding your breath.....breathe in....breathe out....long deep breaths!  Glad you got the pressure washing done. That's a big job!

Hannabelle was up early this morning to go out and eat grass, then she spit up some yellow mucus and grass. She does that sometimes and she seems fine now.

xoxo  <3

Hiya. Quick post before mom heads out the door.  They are sending uncle home today.  Mom wishes they were going to keep him a little longer.  If it were up to mom she WOULD change the home health to another group.  Think aunt would like to as well, but convincing uncle is the hard part.
    . . . 
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc we'll keep our fingers crossed that things can start next week and go quickly, and without further delays.

Hi all

Pippi, sending hugs to you during this difficult time. I know how hard it can be as mama had to take care of her mom that was 91 when she was ill with colon cancer. She was relieved when they kept her in the hospital because she knew she was safe there. Thankfully her home health was a good one. Wish uncle would re-consider.  Take care

xoxo  <3

Well mom did not get any sanding done yet.  The neighbor needed help in putting up a fence so mom and dad went over and helped.. took most of the day yesterday and part of this morning.   

Mom is now resting up and hoping to maybe sand a little this evening.   She did get the stain in so she is hoping to do the deck in sections.   Not sure how that is gonna work out, but it is supposed to stay nice for a couple of days so hopefully it will work out the way she wants 

(*hugs*) Pippi, I hope that his is well enough to be home.   So hard to know what is the right thing in that circumstance

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,622Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hugssssssssssss for PippiMum... I feel for you.

SlinkySandy... it takes me 8 hours to pressure wash the house.. but its worth it but it cripples my hands and my back !

HannaMum.. glad the fence was fixable !

The pups had the snip on Tuesday. They are doing well. Its still really hard with them.. but we are doing ok. Nerys is my cuddlebear.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, maybe ya'll could come over here and replace our fence!

NerysMom, glad all the pups are doing well. Nerys looks like a cuddlebear!

xoxo  <3

Hiya all.  Whew it's too hot here.  Ready for fall weather already.  hehe.  
    . . . 
    Uncle is still confused and barely sleeping.  Think he is going to keep the home health busy. 
    . . . 
    Looks like we're going to be dealing with another big plumbing project to replace the last bit that is under the concrete floor in the basement.  May re-route some of it, but still going to be a lot of digging and a big project.  Mom says shoot her now.  hehe.  Probably going to be a little over a week before any of that gets started.
    . . . 
    Hope everyone is enjoying a nice, relaxing weekend.  

Morning all

Just zipping through today.   Mom got about 1/4 of the deck floor sanded and stained yesterday.   It looks really good, but is taking more stain then expected.   She is gonna do another section today.  If she has enough stain she will do a 3 section tomorrow, but will have to wait til her next order of stain comes in before she will be able to finish.  She is also waiting before she does the steps and the rails til they have a chance to season up a little.   

(*hugs*) for Pippi's family.   This is just not your year.   Hoping it gets better soon and that the plumbing work will be faster then the last project 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

Pippi, it is HOT here, too! Mama is getting too old for this! Oh no.....more plumbing problems YIKES! That's awful! Just take one day or maybe one hour at a time!

SlinkySandyMom, you are working hard over there. Post pics when you get through!

I don't remember if I mentioned but our redwood fence in the back yard is falling down. We have it braced for now but the whole thing needs to be replaced. When my yardman was here the other day he said he does fences, too. (he is a good handyman) He is going to work up an estimate and I will get a couple more and then guess we will need to get it done. Mama can see the $$$$$ flying out of her purse!

xoxo  <3

The Deck is done.

Hanna construction work is so expensive.  That is why mom and dad decide to fix the old deck up instead of paying 10,000 for a new one.   Mom says a week of work a little lumber a lot of pressure washing.   Lots of sand paper and 2 gallons of stain for about 500 dollars and this is what we now have.

https://www.facebook.com/tina.m.sidell/media_set?set=a.10216185974908271.1073741857.1418650172&type=3

Mom is hoping it will hold up for a least a few years til we can save up some money to replace it if needed 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hiya!  Catching up again.  One of these days things will surely slow down and we can get here on a regular basis.  hehe. 
    . . . 
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc the deck looks great.  And what a savings.  Woo-hoo.  Gotta love that.  
    . . . 
    @HannaBelle I'm envious of your fence.  Would be nice to be outside and able to run around off leash.  I'm sorry for the expense, but what a nice thing to have.  Hope that will be a quick, easy project.  
    . . . 
    We'd like some quick, easy projects.  BOL.  Sadly nothing more has been done on the plumbing yet.  Mom has been busy helping aunt, uncle and grandma and pawpaw and she has just been pooped.  She did get a few little things done today, but not as much as she would have liked.  It will get there though, and we have a place to stay until it does.  So all is not bad.

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom,

Wow, love the new deck!  Ya'll did a great job and I'm sure you will enjoy your time out there.

Pippi, I do love my fence and being able to run off leash! Poor mom, I'm sure she is pooped out. Good that ya'll have a place to stay!

xoxo  <3

Just pinging through.   (*hugs*) for anyone that needs one 

Rainy here most of the day.   Mom is pleased to report that water beaded up nicely on the stained wood.   Said it was well worth the investment.   Really hoping the deck will last another 5 or more years so we can save up to have it replaced if it needs to be.

Mom spent all day cleaning the kitchen.   Not what she wanted to do, but it needed to be done 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hiya!  Woo-hoo that the stain made the water bead up.  Good to know it was time well spent.  
    . . . 
    Mom picked a plumber for the next job.  Hopefully the last plumbing job!  Will touch base with them tomorrow to see when we can get on the schedule after uncle's appointment.  That way mom will hopefully have a better idea of what her schedule is like next week.  It would be nice if he had no appointments and they could start Monday.
    . . . 
    Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, great that the rain beaded up. Good job! All day in the kitchen sounds like hard work.

Pippi, hope you get a good schedule worked out with the plumber. We are working on a schedule for our fence which is braced for now but could fall at any moment. Mama is getting very nervous.  We are expecting rain this weekend so don't know when they can start working. 

Mama took daddy to Gringo's yesterday for lunch to celebrate Father's Day. It will be too crowded on the weekend. It was really yummy!

xoxo  <3

Hi all

Mom will probably treat dad to breakfast tomorrow.   If we go early enough it should not be too busy.   Then DAD will have to spend most of the Day working in the yard LOL.   But the place is really beginning to look good compared to what it has looked like for the past 10 years 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page