The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,503Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMD love the fairy house... Now mom wants some LOL 

Kika seems to be doing better... Rarely coughs so it must have been a mild case, but she still doesn't eat.   She seems to be really picky about the type of food.   She loves treats and will eat if you hand feed her.   Guess she will eat whenever she decides she is hungry enough

Sounds like good news all around..Glad to hear it especially with the holiday season getting close.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• HannaBelleHannaBelle HoustonPosts: 18,304Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

Pippi, unfortunately, grandma is not with us anymore. She made it to 91 and even though she was a very strong woman the colon cancer was too much for her.  I don't think we've ever seen those kind of birds here. I love the cardinals and blue jays even though the blue jays are mean.

We are having gorgeous weather...more like spring than fall.

xoxo  <3

"Dogs are miracles with paws.” — Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, I just now saw your post. Hope Kika is doing better.

I have a dentist appt for a filling...ugh!

xoxo  <3

Hi all.... 

Today was a busy day... Mom got all the decorations fixed up, so everything is all set for tomorrow.

Kika is finally figuring out when its feeding time.  Though she still thinks treats are better then kibble bol.
    Her cough is completely gone, so maybe she is finally feeling better. 

Speaking of birds, Mom loves Cardinals, but we don't really have them here... mostly chickadees and finches...for little birds.... Blue Jay and Grackles for bigger birds... both of them are piggies LOL

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, so glad to hear Kika's cough is gone. I doubt we will get trick or treaters tonite....it's supposed to be stormy. I'm sure everyone will enjoy your decorations!
    xoxo  <3

Good morning all

Kika seems to be completely over her cough... Now Bo has it.... (*sigh*).    Not sure if he will get over it on his own of if he will need a vet visit.

Halloween was a bust... we used to get 30 or 40 kids... this year we got 3 and only because it was a neighbors grandkids

But mom got pics.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10217243280620253&type=1&l=bb6ca52098

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, sorry Bo got the cough. Hope he doesn't have to go to the vet. I bet everyone enjoyed your decorations. We had a doozy of a storm last night so no trick or treaters! Limbs all over the place this morning but at least it's cool.

xoxo  <3

Hi all... been busy packing up the decorations and tending to sick dogs... Duchess managed to catch the cough so everyone has had it... they all seem to be over the worst of it now... Hopefully only another day or 2 for everyone to feel better.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, I'm sure putting away all those decorations must be a BIG job! Awwww, poor Duchess.  Hope she feels better soon. Not much going on here.
    Warm, humid weather. I want some cooler weather back!

xoxo  <3

Morning all

Mom says all the furkids are finally feeling better... The only good news this week.   Mom says not one person she voted for won yesterday so she is making a big Mac and cheese and other comfort foods to drown her sorrows LOL

Hopefully it wll help.   If not at least it will taste good LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom....well at least you got some mac & cheese! 

We are expecting a cold front soon! yaay!

xoxo  <3

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,647Member ✭✭✭✭
    This thank you has been a long time coming, but it comes straight from my heart.

As most of you know I had a huge Brain Bleed/Stroke on Friday the 7th of September this year.

On that evening my world changed beyond description.  I was one of the lucky ones as Jay, my husband, came into my work room and knew the signs of a stroke.  (I will come back to this later.)  He called 911 and an ambulance came fast.  It's a ride I do not remember!  But it would be another 5 weeks before I came home again.

It took me to our regional hospital who ran a fast CAT scan and said that I had a huge brain bleed, but they could not properly help me and I needed to be taken to the OU (Oklahoma University) Medical Centre in OKC as they had STROKE specialty help.  More sirens and lights ride and the Centre started work on me fast.  CAT scan and up to the operating rooms.  This meant scalp incisions (lost all my long red hair! IT Ws SHAVED OFF) that beat any Halloween make-up!  I also had a hole drilled in my skull to release the pressure of the bleeding caused be an AVM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arteriovenous_malformation

Jay was with me all he could be.  I was unconscious and very unresponsive.  He had to witness me put on a ventilator and given transfusions and being cut up.

I was taken to ICU and was there two weeks.  I finally regained consciousness.  The Brain Surgeon was confident that I would make a full recovery after many tests because of Jay's rapid action.

I was finally taken off the ventilator and the other tubes were removed in the following days, including a feeding tube and I was transferred to a "step down" room for the next week.

It was decided I was to be then transferred to a Rehab facility.  I was there for two weeks and was given intensive PT and weened off puréed food and thickened liquids after being given many swallow tests.

I was finally allowed to come home on the 11th of October.

All this time Jay was not only driving to OKC daily but coping with our three dogs and many cats and the intense stress of the situation that was unfolding daily.

I have a box full of cards here and am humbled beyond words.  I never realised just how many lives I had touched over the years.

Thank you ALL!

A special thanks to Peggy C. and my close pals Marty and Chris - they acted as relays for information and helped Jay so very much.

My Dogs and Cats are my medicine now.

However, the Brain Surgeon has a treatment plan for me.  It is going to be targeted radiation to  slowly destroy the AVM.  This treatment will start early next year.  It should mean that the stroke will not happen again.  This has been a life changing happening for me and Jay.

Time is needed to heal.

I now need to THANK ALL who sent cards and prayers and love and care.  You ALL lifted me up and were a huge part of a support system.  Those who spoke to me over the phone in my room know exactly how fightened and scared I was.

Thank you ALL for holding me in your hearts.

I was so very lucky and I still have some healing to do.  I have some sight and focus problems (not good for a photographer) Ihave SOMETHING CALLED "LEFT SIDE NEGLECT" 

https://tactustherapy.com/what-is-left-neglect/

but I will, given time and patience, HEAL and RECOVER.  I know you
     will all understand that as much as I want to come back, I just cannot do it instantly.  I use a walker frame for now to steady me as well.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO AT LEAST ONE PERSON A WEEK.  YOU CAN SAVE LIVES AND DAMAGED QUALITY OF LIFE WITH THIS.

Use FAST to remember the warning signs of a stroke.

The letter F stands for face
        FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
    A stands for arms
        ARMS: Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?    
    S stands for speech
        SPEECH: Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Is their speech slurred or strange?
    T stands for time
        TIME: If you observe any of these signs, call 9-1-1 immediately.

Call 9-1-1 immediately if you observe any of these symptoms.

Note the time of the first symptom.
    This information is important and can affect treatment decisions.

Recognizing Stroke

Act FAST

www.stroke.org/understand-stroke/recognizing-stroke/act-fast

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Hi all

NerysMom, it is so good to hear from you. I am so glad you are making a good recovery.  Thoughts are with you often. Thanks for the info on strokes.  Jay has been a hero. I'm sure the licks from the pups and kits helps the healing process. xoxo

<3   <3   <3

Good morning all.

Flicka Mom we were so worried,  glad your recovery is going so well and that they have a plan to prevent it from happening again.  I bet Jay and the pups are very relieved.

Today Kika has her first official vet visit since we adopted her.   She gets to have a booster shot which I am sure she will blame us for LOL.

Then Mom has to decide how much she wants to decorate for Christmas.  Last year we went all out but with all the snow we had, a lot of it got buried before Christmas even came around.   Mom is thinking she still wants to do a lot, but may try to be more strategic in where she puts it.

Anyway our average temps right now are about 10 degrees below normal, so thinking it is gonna be a cold winter, not something mom is looking forward to 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 8,024Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way, way, way behind.  So time to catch up.  
    . .
    Mom has been busy helping over at grandma and pawpaw's house.  Pawpaw had a very cluttered and untidy study/office.  So mom was clearing it out so pawpaw would be able to get in with his walker.  He spent a couple of weeks at transitional care and is home now.  He is using a walker, and will contiue to get physical and occupational therapy at home.  We were glad for that.  Think he stands a better chance of really getting some strength back and fewer future falls.  Mom and grandma also worked on getting taller toilets bought and installed and a few other changes around the house.  Now we catch our breath quickly before company gets to town next week.  
    . . 
    @HannaBelle can't remember if I posted it before but you sure are one cute witch.  BOL.  
    . . 
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc wow on all your Halloween decorations!  I know your house always looks great with whatever season or holiday you are doing.
    . . 
    Hope everyone is over the cough now and feeling fine.  (((HUG)))  
    . . 
    @FlickaLucasClNearysCeltSaxon it is good to see you post!  (((HUG)))  Hope your recovery just comes in leaps and bounds.  So glad any damage done is reversable, and they have a plan to prevent it from happening again.  Big (((HUG))) for you, Jay and all the pups and kitties.  
    . . 
    Our weather this week is acting more like January than November.  In fact, our temps are a little below our average January temps, and certainly below our average November temps.  Every winter mom thinks about getting a heated dog bed or a heater pad thing to go in a dog bed or something like that.  Think she is closer this year.  Dutchess is 15 now and sometimes feeling her age.  She naps a little more, and well, mom thinks Dutchess might appreciate one.  She just worries about leaving something like plugged in and going though.  Especialy when she isn't home.  Have any of you ever used one?

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Meant to post a picture from our walk Sunday.  We found a tree in the park that had a perfect circle of bright yellow leaves around it.  Mom got me to sit for a picture.  Glad we got in that walk, because it looks like rain and highs in the 40's for most of the rest of the week.  Brrrs

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, I bet Kika wasn't too fond of that shot! We don't plan on doing much decorating for Christmas....small tree in front window, fireplace decorated and wreath on door. 

Pippi, Thanks for the compliment! What a cool pic of you and the leaves. I would love to jump in those leaves. Mama uses a heating pad for herself at night to stay warm and it has auto shut off. Don't know much about heated dog beds. Maybe you could put a blanket in the dryer and then on your bed.  Sounds like things are going well for pawpaw!

xoxo  <3

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,647Member ✭✭✭✭
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I HAVE A WALKER TOO !

i ACTUALLY HAD A HEAVY FALL LAST SATURDAY AND THAT AND THE HEAVY BRUISING HAS SLOWED ME GREATLY.

I WILL BE OK... BUT I NEED TO REMEMBER WHAT I COULD DO BEFORE ISNT SO EASY NOW !!

aLL WIL BE WELL !!

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Hi all

NerysMom, how cool you have a Dogster walker! Not so cool that you took a fall. Please be careful. Looks like a nice spot to sit by that window and see what's going on while you sip your hot tea!

It is quite cold here so we are trying to stay warm. At least the sun is shining.

xoxo  <3

Morning all

Pipp...So glad Paw paw is doing well.   Part of why mom and dad had the addition put on the house is so things could be spread out more to make it easier to get around with a walker or even a chair when they get older.

Mom says really good idea on the higher toilets.   Mom and dad are looking to get taller ones put in when they get enough money to do a little more remodeling.   she is not sure when that will happen though.   Mom says she has to get into the habit of saving more and spending less, LOL 

Mom says we have a beautiful day today... but it is wicked cold and we are gonna get snow tonight into tomorrow... Looks like maybe 5 inches of snow EEEEK

As far as a heated bed...There are some with automatic shut offs... Or you could even get a heated mattress cover with auto shut off.   Most of them are machine washable...Might be less costly then a heated bed.

Wow look at all the leaves.   There were some beautiful leaves around the neighborhood, but our leaves all went from green to brown so not too pretty when they hit the ground... Oh well

Flicka mom did you tell the boys that a walker does not work so well when there are toys under the wheels LOL.

Mom says she needs to get some things done, but wanted to share a picture of Kika showing how spoiled she is 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom,  Kika does indeed look spoiled. She is so cute. I like your pink mouse! It will get to 70 and it's sunny today. My mom had the raised toilet and it was a lifesaver. It did feel a bit weird when I used it, though!

xoxo  <3

Oh 70 would be sooo nice.   We are in the 20's with snow falling.... but the house is warm and everyone is home so all is good.   Mom made chex mix and they are watching movies and snacking today 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hiya everyone.  
    . . 
    @HannaBelle I like the sound of a heating pad that has an auto shut off.  Blanket in the dryer is a good idea, too.  One concern about the heated mattress pad, @Sandy_Kramer_etc , is I like to dig to China as mom says.  BOL.  Mom would have concerns about me damaging wires with my digging.  
    . . 
    @FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon I'm so sorry to hear you fell.  (((HUG)))  I just love your dogster sticker on your walker.  That is great.  Pawpaw's is almost just like yours except red.  The wheels may be a little different, but very similar.  
    . . 
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc mom had a higher toilet before grandma and pawpaw had theirs put in.  Made that part of the plumbing changes since we had to replace a toilet anyway.  Mom loves it!  The first time she went to grandma's house and tried to use their short one after we got a tall one, mom thought she had missed the toilet.  BOL!  But their tall ones are installed now.  
    . . 
    5 inches of snow?!!  Brrrr.  Can't remember if we were asking you in another thread or asking someone else if that is typical this early?  Our weather this week has been colder and wetter than usual for November.  It's been more like January weather.  
    . . 
    Love the picture of Kika.  She looks like she is ready to catch up at dogster while she munches.  hehe

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, sounds nice and cozy over there.

Pippi, it has been colder here than usual.  Once daddy left the toilet seat up and mama went to the bathroom during the night and "fell in" what a surprise! 
    xoxo  <3

Hi all ...Well we only got about 3 inches of snow, so dad only shoveled... Snow this early is not unheard off.Mom is thinking about every 5 or 6 years it happens... usually only a dusting, but we have had a few inches on the ground before Halloween before so 3 inches now is in the normal range.

Today mom has been fixing her Christmas lights.   She has 3 more strands that she may not be able to fix, but she has so many lights that it isn't really a big deal.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, it's going to be a long winter for ya'll! I say leave those lights and go have some hot chocolate!

xoxo  <3

Oh hot chocolate sounds good.   Mom has most of the lights done.    she is doing mostly red white and blue outside this year... 

Today though we are trying to winterize the shrubs to keep them from being damaged by snow blowing and ice falling.. Mom forgot how much work that is 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, winterizing sounds like hard work and cold, too!  Stay warm

We are picking up Thanksgiving Dinner and eating at home.  <3

Morning everyone... Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.    Mom says we still have a dinner here for Saturday with a neighbor and going to FIL on Monday so it's like an extended holiday here.   

Then sometime mid week we will start the christmas decorating.   Mom forgot how busy this time of year could be lol 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, sounds like you will have plenty to eat!  The ready-made turkey dinner I picked up was really good. After we ate we were flipping channels and found "Gone with the Wind". It was a long movie but it was good. I had seen it a long time ago but forgot a lot of it.

I've got to get some cleaning done....there is dog hair flying everywhere.

xoxo  <3