The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,690Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you had a nice Turkey day.

Mom took pictures, she has decided the dogs rule the house at least as far as seating goes 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• HannaBelleHannaBelle HoustonPosts: 18,328Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, your house looks very nice but I do see it is pretty crowded. Is that two recliners? If mama got in one of those she would never get out!  Chilly and windy here today!
    xoxo
     <3 

"Dogs are miracles with paws.” — Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 8,213Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catching up today.  I seem to stay behind lately.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Grandma had a houseful this year.  We had the whole family together.  First time that has happened in years.  
    . .
    Our weather seems to be running a little colder than normal this year.  Well, every other week does.  BOL.  Today we are in the 20s with the wind chill.  Brr.  But no snow.  That would really be unusual this time of year for us.  
    . . 
    We saw Gone With The Wind a little earlier this year.  It had been a long time since we had seen it, too.  And like you, had forgotten a lot of it.  
    . . 
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc I don't see anything wrong with that seating arrangement.  BOL
    . . 
    Mom got to go play ukuleles with her buddies yesterday, and I got to go with her.  Love going over there because they have a big fenced yard (about 3 acres) and a doggie door.  How much better can it get?!!  Well, it could have been warmer.  None of us spent much time outside this visit.  The temp was dropping all day long yesterday.  It was still fun though.  I did go looking for trouble this time.  So mom says Cheeky probably gets to go next time.  hehe

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Hi all

Pippi, glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. We picked up a cooked turkey dinner from Denny's. It was good but the best part was the pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese icing! 

Oh what fun to run around 3 acres and a doggie door, too!  It's cold here a few days and then warm a couple. Driving us nuts!

Our Bald Cypress in front finally turned orange and is dropping it's needles. The yard really pretty orange. 

xoxo  <3

Morning all

Mom says she wishes her chairs were recliners, but they are not.   The ones mom wanted cost way more then she could afford.   But they are comfy just the same 

Pippi our weather is colder then normal for this time of year and snowier... But well not really... It has just been so long since the weather has been like this that we forgot what is can be like.   Lots of winters growing up had snow like this LOL 

Glad mom got to have some fun while you played with the doggy door.   Mom would like to put a doggy door in but then we would be constantly going through it LOL 

Hanna belle.   Mom says there was lots of pretty trees this year around the area, but for some reason ours went from green to brown.... (*sigh*).   Maybe next year

Today mom plans to decorate.   Mom usually likes to start it the day after Turkey day, but with dad's work schedule and all the visiting there just hasn't been any time.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all]

SlinkySandyMom,  it's been warm here the last few days but after Sunday we will have a few cold days. I really don't like this back and forth? Mama said if I had a doggie door it would be in and out all day long and dragging dirt in.  Our tree turned orange practically overnight and it sure looks pretty when our grass is orange.
    Enjoy the decorating!
    xoxo  <3

Morning all

Mom and Dad got alot done yesterday, but not all of it.  Today it is snowing so probably not get too much done today.   Mom is really hoping to finish it tomorrow so she can get pictures 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

It has been warm here but a cold front is coming!  Mama is invited to a Neighbor ladies Christmas party Friday.  Enjoy the snow!

xoxo  <3

Oh a christmas party sounds found.

Mom very busy with decorating... Here is the link to see what she has been up to LOL 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10217639820293497&type=1&l=00ac31b299

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, those decorations are so beautiful! Where do you store all that stuff?  I bet it took quite a while to do all that!

Mama got her teeth cleaned yesterday and the yardman came and got up all the orange needles in the yard. It did look pretty orange but it would eventually kill the grass. 

xoxo  <3

Hiya!  Catching up again.
    . . 
    @HannaBelle sounds like your Bald Cypress is going bald.  BOL
    . . 
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc that's what I like about the doggie door - just going in and out and in and out and in and ... well, you get the idea.  I like to do it just because I can.  BOL
    . . 
    Our temps here have been back and forth, too.  Sunday we had windows open and yesterday we had snow flurries.  Mom keeps saying Mother Nature must be going through the change.  BOL  Today is warmer than yesterday, but still chilly.
    . . 
    Mom is going to hear her uke buddies and a couple of other ladies play again.  She got to hear them a couple of months ago.  Mom has made it a musical week.  Monday she got to get together with her buddies and play ukes.  Then Tuesday evening she went to listen and get more information about a bluegrass music club that meets at the local library twice a month.  Mom is looking forward to joining in and playing with them.  It may be mid-January before they meet again though because of the holidays.  Now if we can just get mom to put those ukuleles down and spend more time with us.  hehe

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Hi all

OMD it has been soo cold... But we did have sun today so everything looked pretty..

Hanna mom We have a storage shed that Dad put a sort of attic in to store all the christmas stuff.   all the halloween stuff gets stored in the garage.   Some day mom wants to get a bigger shed built to put it all in, but we need to save up money for it 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

Pippi, I would drive mama nuts with a doggie door! "Mother Nature going through the change" BOL  We had lots of rain last night and it's chilly and drizzly today. How long has your mom played the uke?

SlinkySandyMom,  Well, the yardman came the other day and got up the orange needles but the tree just dropped a bunch more so the yard is orange again. I think it it about through dropping. 

Mama went to a neighbor ladies Christmas party yesterday. It was fun.

xoxo  <3

Hi everyone... Mom is working on her card and gift lists today.   Tuesday mom is hoping to get the shopping done and She is hoping to get all the cards mailed by Friday.   Of course nothing ever gets done when she wants it to LOL 

Hanna mom said if we lived closer she would take some of them needles... She says they are really good for putting around some shrubs cause they help raise the acid levels in the soil 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, we did put the needles under our bushes. Daddy also likes to put coffee grinds in the flowerbeds. It's pretty chilly here but the sun is shining!

xoxo  <3

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,657Member ✭✭✭✭
    LOVE YOU ALL. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

TAKE CARE OUTSIDE ALL.

KIKA IS A BEAUTY.

STILL WAITING FOR THE INSURANCE TO OK THE MRI AND RADIATION TREATMENT.

NEED TO HEAL MORE STILL.... JUST WANT EVERYTHING TO MOVE ON.

LOVE AND HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

PAM

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Hiya!  We had snow yesterday morning and it was so pretty for a little while.  Then it warmed up and all went away.  Mom says every now and then she wishes it would last a little longer, but she is also glad she didn't have to shovel or drive in it.  hehe. 
    . . 
    Two Christmases ago mom's friend sent her a banjolele.  It arrived right at Christmas.  Then this year in January he sent a concert sized ukulele.  That is one step up from the little (soprano) ukuleles.  She is self taught and would probably benefit from some lessons since she had never played a stringed instrument before.  But she has come a long way in nearly two years and really enjoys it.  It's been a great stress reliever and keeper of sanity.  hehe.  Mom can focus all her attention on the music and forgot about other things going on for a little while.  It's been a life saver this year.  We're wondering if another one may be arriving today.  Got a message from that friend that said something like remember this one is tuned differently.  When mom questioned that he replied with all would make sense when UPS showed up today.  Baritone ukuleles are tuned differently than other sizes.  Ohhh the anticipation.  Hurry up UPS.  hehe
    . . 
    We are behind on cards.  No surprise.  Think we have been behind on everything this year.  I suspect it will be next week before we get our cards out.  Nothing like cutting it close, eh?  Pawpaw should be having another surgery this week.  So for now we are concentrating on getting past that.  He's been a little under the weather and we are hoping that won't delay the surgery again.  
    . . 
    (((HUG))) @FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon .  There are times you just want to light a fire under the insurance company.  hehe.  Hope they will okay everything very soon.  I can totally understand about wanting to move forward with things.  
    . . 
    Hope everyone is doing well and keeping warm!

Hi all

NerysMom,  so great to hear from you.  We are keeping you in our thoughts! Hope everything moves forward smoothly! Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card. The pups are really growing!

Pippi, we are not snow people over here so glad we don't get any. How exciting waiting for the UPS truck! Hope it brings something good! Good luck for Pawpaw.

Our weather is beautiful....sunny and chilly. 

xoxo  <3

Hi All..

Flicka mom... Insurance can take a while hopefully it won't take too long though... 

(*Sending hugs*) to anyone that needs one

Mom says almost all the Christmas shopping is finished.  She send all the cards out this morning so hopefully they will start arriving by next monday.   She still has little things that she will get near the end like the fruit baskets and the fixings for Christmas dinner.

This afternoon mom says will be for wrapping gifts... fun fun fun 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hiya everyone.  Looks like we are in for a rainy day here.  Good thing it's not snow.  We haven't been to the store for our milk and bread.  BOL.  Is that just a southern thing?  At the threat of snow here the grocery shelves can be empty.  hehe.  
    . . 
    Pawpaw's surgery went well yesterday and he got to come home last night.  Think mentally this was a big step for him, and he is ready to move forward and get on with the business of getting back to a normal life.  
    . . 
    Well, UPS came last week and it was a good size box.  I tried to help mom open it.  She is so slow at that.  hehe.  Once she got it opened I check through the paper looking for something good, but it was just another box that had another ukulele in it.  Boy oh boy if that big box had only been full of treats.  hehe.  
    . . 
    Mom says she is going to buy ear plugs.  We have been busy barking at the sidewalk crew and it's driving her crazy.  They are on the other side of the street now, moving at their usual slow pace.  Hopefully soon they will be further up the street.  I'm going to lose my voice doing all this barking.  
    . . 
    Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, sounds like mom is really busy over there.

Pippi, good idea to have food on hand when you are snowed in. Glad to hear pawpaw's surgery went well. Oy boy...another ukulele...mom must be excited!
    Mama does wear ear plugs at nite because daddy snores. I am a big barker, too!

Not much going on here. Just raking needles off our Bald Cypress tree. Mama left a lot on the ground because she likes the front yard with all the orange color on it.

xoxo  <3

Nothing much going on here this weekend.  Every once in a while mom wishes we would sing along with her when she plays her ukulele, but after all the barking we have been doing lately she thinks she should just count her blessings.  BOL
    . . 
    @HannaBelle you will have to take a picture of your orange yard.  I'll bet it's pretty.

Hi all

Pippi, this is a pic I took last year of the tree. My camera isn't working right to take one now. There are a lot more orange needles this year practically covering the whole yard.

All the gifts are wrapped and ready to mail to family... Cookies and brownies made.... today mom is sitting on her butt eating sweets and pretending they have no calories LOL 

Pippi mom says everyone here buys bread milk and TP wihenever they call for a storm LOL 

Glad Paw Paws surgery went well... The worry stress is almost worse then the surgery itself.

Hanna Belle your whole yard must be orange when that tree sheds.   Our neighbor has a a tree that shed some... but only a small amount each year.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@HannaBelle just think if you could get the yard to be orange at Halloween.  Hehe.  There is a yard in grandma's neighborhood that must have that kind of tree.  
    . . 
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc boy we would have thought everyone up your way would be used to winter weather enough that there wouldn't be a run on bread and milk.  
    . . 
    Mom is catching up on stuff around the house today and us pups are getting ready to take some serious naps in the sun puddles on the bed.  How are you pups liking your new window @Sandy_Kramer_etc ?  That looked like it would be a great spot to watch the world go by.  Have you got a good spot like that, too, @HannaBelle ?

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,657Member ✭✭✭✭
    HANNA BELLE .... I LOVE THE BALD CYPRESS TREES !

THERE IS A ROW OF THEM AT ONE POST OFFIC IN LEXINGTON

HANNA... WAS GLSD TO READ ON P 4 THAT YOUR SON IS COMING TO VISIT FROM NC

HELLO PIPPI !

SLINKY SANDY... JAY LOVES BROWNIES

OK BUHENS FOLK.... DO YOU REMEMBER THESE???? !!!!!
    A CHRISTMAS TRADITION IN THIS THREAD

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, I'm pretty sure I heard that sweets don't have calories!  Yes, when the Bald Cypress fully drops it's needles the whole yard is orange!

Pippi, yes my favorite spot to look out the window is the big three arched windows (you can see them if you go back to the pic I sent). 

NerysMom, oh my.....thank you so much for posting the Buhens Christmas Traditions. Those were such special days!

Hiya everyone.  I like to sit on the bed upstairs and look out at the road and bark at everything that moves.  hehe

OMD I love the pink trees... Now mom is thinking she wants one LOL

Pippi.. Mom says people in Maine are too laid back... we don't worry about anything until we have too.... So there is always a run on essentials for every storm.

Mom said the land bounds love the windows.... Though she has to block them out of the room when she is not there with them cause Bo thinks that is a good place to throw up...(* sigh *)

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Ok Mom has decided she really does not like having meany paws.... She saws the hot flashes don't bother too bad... but waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep really sucks.    Now she is having a hard time keeping her eyes open while she is trying to get things done LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page