Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 109,053Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all

Oh I bet Dutchess had fun even if she didn't get to sniff every blade of grass.   It is back to cold here.   Mom says ok cause the Ground hog promised and early spring.    Today mom is prepping the last of the tax paperwork.   They plan to get it done tomorrow... MOM is so NOT looking foward to it LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 8,803Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Dutchess did have a good time.  She has always liked the stroller from the first day we brought it in the house.  We were active with a dog walking group then and one of the other members was going to throw it away because the zipper didn't work well on it.  We didn't need it at the time, but mom took it knowing it could come in handy one day.  Pixie used it some, but mostly rode in a carrier.  I think Dutchess will get more use from it.  
    . .
    And speaking of Dutchess, I think her meds for her bladder are doing great.  So happy about that.  Also seems to have made her a little spunkier.  A nice thing to see, too.  
    . . 
    Think we are supposed to have record highs today.  Gotta open the windows here in just a bit and let in some fresh air.  Woo-hoo.
    . . 
    Ugh on the taxes.  No fun.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• HannaBelleHannaBelle HoustonPosts: 18,370Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

Mama is sweeping up white dog fur every day around here.

Mama would need a stroller, too, if she had to walk 3 miles! BOL
     It is chilly here today.

xoxo  <3

"Dogs are miracles with paws.” — Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

Glad the meds are working for Duchess...

Hanna Mom.   We have multiple colors of fur... Makes for interesting effect on some floors when it isn't cleaned up on a regular basis LOL 

Today we are back to freaking cold.   Good thing mom and dad got all the errands done in the last couple of days cause mom does not want to go out if she does not have to LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

I did see somewhere that it is 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to Nerys and NerysMom!

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,680Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    THANKYOU SO MUCH HANNABELE

A QUIET DAY BUT THAT IS OK.

AS IF THE STROKE WASNT ENOUGH... MY ALREaDY CRAPPY SPINE (BEEN SO FOR YEARS) HAS DECIDED NOW IS a super time to cause hellish pain

IF IT WASNT FOR THE STROKE THIS YEAR, IT  HAVE BEEN THE YEAR FOR MJOR OPRATIONS ON IT. NOW WE ARE IN LIMBO ON THE STROKE AND ALSO CANT TAKE ANY MORE MEDICAL BILLS

I JUST WANT OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE

LOVE AND HUGSSSSSSSSSS TO ALL

TAKE CARE AND STAY WARM AND SAFE

<3

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Oh we missed your birthday.    Hoping at least part of it was good.   

I wish all your medical issues could be solved... It's hard to live with pain.

many many hugs

This week mom is going through all the old paperwork.  She says she needs to get it all organized and all the old stuff tossed in case something happens to her, dad won't have to figure out what is where.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Oh we missed a birthday.  A little late, but Happy Birthday Nerys and Auntie Pam!
    So sorry to hear about the back pain.  (((HUG)))  Hope it will settle down and you can get some relief.  
    Loving the pics of the pups.  A good looking bunch there.  
    . . 
    Mom has been kept busy with family, and it is cutting into our social time.  Really need to do something about that.  BOL. 
    . . 
    Cheeky has really been into the Westminster Dog Show.  Some dogs she watches very quietly.  Some she does quiet barks.  Some a little louder.  And with some she up on her feet barking her head off.  She watches it very closely.  Yesterday she was really rooting for the Standard Poodle and one of the Corgis.  She slept through most of the last group, but they have just started the working dogs and I think she has had a lot to say about this group.  BOL.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Hi all

NerysMom, I am so sorry you are in so much pain. You definitely need a break and hope relief comes soon. Your pups are so cute and Nerys is gorgeous!  My son has racked up a lot of medical bills and has been able to settle some of them by calling the billing departments and explaining he doesn't have a job and can't pay right now. Most of them have been able to hold off on billing or offered a payment plan. Hope you can get some help.

SlinkySandyMom, different color fur makes it interesting when sweeping. I take care of paying the bills around here and when I try and explain how I do it nobody wants to listen. If something happens to me they will all be in the dark!

Pippi, how funny about Cheeky and the dog show!

We are having the house painted and the painters are here. I will be glad when it's over....I don't like people milling around my house.

xoxo  <3

Hi all....Just Slinking through.    Thought for sure we posted yesterday but mom must have just dreamt it LOL

Mom missed the dog show... she really likes watching them when she has time, but seems like everything is keeping her busy lately.

Mom got through all the banking paperwork.   bundled up all the closed accts and organized all the current one.

She still has to go through a bunch more, but she thinks she has gotten a good start 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@HannaBelle I'm like you... I don't like people milling around my house either.  Hope they are already done.  
    . . 
    Last week our neighbor asked mom if she would play her ukulele for Elliott.  He is just over 6 months old now.  Elliott's mom plays and teaches violin and she would like Elliott to hear different instruments.  Things worked out where mom could go over today and play for him.  Mom had a good time and Elliott has the best smiles.  They make mom smile.  He's just precious.  Elliott's mom joined mom on a few songs playing fiddle.  Boy is she good!  That was fun, too.  Then Elliott "played" the piano some for mom.  She loved it.  He would "play" a little and then look over at mom.  Mom would clap for him and he would grin and play some more.  Was a fun afternoon.  
    . . 
    A little later mom and I got to join Elliott and his mom for a walk over to the park.  They had walked over with some other neighbors earlier in the day and had lost their house key.  So we walked back with them to see if by any chance we could find it.  Luckily mom spotted it, which was pure luck.  
    . . 
    We have Crocus popping up all over the yard.  Makes the yard look nice for a change.  BOL 

Hi all

Pippi, how fun for mom to play the ukulele for little Elliott. You had a band going on over there! wow, mom has eagle eyes. The Crocus is beautiful! We have some azaleas blooming.

SlinkySandyMom, sounds like the paperwork is getting sorted out. Every time mama opens the cabinets in the study she looks in horror at all the paperwork from years ago.  She's been working on taxes with Turbo Tax. It really makes it easier but she still was dreaming about numbers dancing in her head last night!

The house painting is done and it looks really nice!

xoxo  <3

Hi all.

Pippi sounds like everyone had a nice time playing.... Mom always wanted to play a musical instrument... but her fingers and not coordinated enough and she thinks she might be tone deaf... (* sigh *)

The Crocuses are beautiful.   Mom would love to have some.  we used to see them a lot when we were living in Pa and Va, but she has never seen them up here so not sure if the would grow here or not.   She loves the forget me nots we get every year, but she has to put up barriers so dad doesn't mow them LOL 

Today we are getting more snow.   It was not predicted and the weather man is still claiming that we are only overcast even though you can barely see through the snow LOL

Hope you are all having a nice day 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Yay on the painting being done @HannaBelle .  It's amazing how much a coat of paint can brighten and spruce things up.  Mom did some painting last year.  She has a couple more rooms she would like to do, but ran out of steam.  hehe.
    . . 
    I'll bet the Forget Me Nots are beautiful @Sandy_Kramer_etc ; Do you have a lot of them?
    . . 
    Hope your snow won't last long and won't amount to much @Sandy_Kramer_etc .  If we could we would trade our rain for your snow.  
    . . 
    City is back working across the street again today.  They had been further down on the next block, but we've been listening to the leaf blower for a LONG time (hours) today.  Ugh.  Hope they finish soon.

Morning all.

Sunny but freaking cold here.  We won't here leaf blowers for at least a couple of more months.

Yesterday mom and dad went out to eat, but did not bring any left overs home... So not fair.  Today they both promised they would spend the day with us to make up for it... 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, mama is tone deaf so no playing instruments for her!  It's chilly here but not too bad. The heater is going full tilt! No snow or ice thankfully! Hope ya'll have fun playing!

Pippi, the other day there was lots of whirrrrrring noise all day but we couldn't figure out what it was. When mama went out later in the day she saw a big tree being cut down. Sure was noisy!  The last time mama painted inside was some time ago. She used a roller that seemed really heavy and when she got through her arm and shoulder were soooooo sore. 

xoxo  <3

HI all

Hanna mom... Mom did a lot of the painting in the new addition til they got to the ceiling.  Dad had to do that part cause mom could not hold her arms up long enough LOL 

Today we are finally above freezing.   Looks like it is gonna stay warm enough to melt all our snow.    It won't be pretty anymore, but mom is really ready for spring 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

We are having a beautiful day...chilly and sunny! Yesterday was awful....warm and very muggy, had the AC on. The patio was all wet and sticky. We're having seafood for dinner.

xoxo  <3

Hi all... MOM loves seafood.  She would be happy for a warm muggy day... Today we are getting more snow.   Mom is hoping not too much.. she still thinks it is pretty but she is tired of it...

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Slinking through so she can complain about how freaking cold it is today.   (* hugs *) for anyone that needs one 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, sorry you are complaining about the cold. We haven't seen the sun in several days. Had a storm Tuesday night. Today is another drizzly, chilly day. Mama is going to try and vacuum....maybe!

xoxo  <3

Well mom and dad broke down called the furnace guy.. when the furnace was set at 70 but the temp dropped to 60 mom said that was it... 

300 dollars later it is fixed... guess there is a control box that had a loose wire... He had to replace the whole box because no way to get to just the wire.    Anyway we are warm again.

Then mom and dad took the landbounds for their yearly blood work and paid another 300 dollars... 

Mom is thinking it is good that dad wanted to work part time with all the money flowing out the door LOL 

Hanna mom hope your sun has come out.   Mom says she hates dark dreary days even if its warm more then she does cold sunny days.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, glad you got the furnace fixed.  Isn't it amazing how much the vet costs. Hanna is due her check up and blood work and I have a feeling he's going to say she needs a dental cleaning, too! My bank is empty, too, after the house painting.

xoxo  <3

@Sandy_Kramer_etc the leaf blowers were to blow dirt and rocks from where they are working on the sidewalks ... still.  
    . . 
    Mom did a lot of painting last year.  One day she will get around to more.  Painting the ceiling would be bad!
    . . 
    Seems like we have had rain, rain, rain, rain and more rain.  We had flooding in the area last weekend.  Then we had a few lovely days and even opened windows a little, but back to rain today.
    . . 
    Mom has been keeping busy lately and cutting into our social time.  Mostly family keeping her busy, but a little fun time thrown in there as well.

Morning all

Pippi... Hope your rain stops soon.  We have sun this morning but looks like we are gonna get snow later today.    Mom decided if the weather is going to be bad then its a good time to have a do nothing day.   We think mom and dad are getting lazy, they see to have a lot of do nothing days.   On the other paw we get lots of cuddles when they have do nothing days 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

We had a little sunshine peak through yesterday, but raining again today.  So it's a laundry and mysteries on TV kind of a day here.

Snow.... We have snow... Lots of snow.    The weatherman said about 6 inches... Um we already have 6 and still snowing hard... unless it stops soon we will be buried 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

Oh no, SlinkySandyMom, don't get buried in that snow. It's cold here and cloudy. We've had rain almost every day and the yard looks awful.....so many weeds!

Pippi, glas you were able to get some fun time in! Wasn't it your mom that plays the ukele?  My son bought his daughter one....she is very excited. 

We are so tired of this dreary weather. I forgot what the sun looks like!
    xoxo  <3

Hiya.  So sorry about the snow @Sandy_Kramer_etc .  Hope it has stopped.  I always think it looks so pretty, but I'm sure it helps that I don't have to shovel and deal with it.  hehe.  We've had a very wet year so far here.  Our yard is kind of a muddy mess.  Happy to say we have some sunshine today.  The temp isn't going to make it out of the 30s, but we have sunshine.  
    . . 
    @HannaBelle yes mom has ukuleles and really enjoys them.  Hope your granddaughter will have a lot of fun with hers.  I can send you some links for web sites to find all kinds of music if you like.  Most of them just have the lyrics and chords, no sheet music.  Mom has a banjolele (banjo ukulele), a concert size, a baritone size, and a soprano size should be here tomorrow.  They are just a fun little instrument.  
    . . 
    And speaking of ukuleles mom played with the monthly uke group this past Saturday and the bluegrass group last night.  The lady leading the bluegrass group wants to play everything so very slowly and it is driving mom nuts.  When mom thinks of bluegrass she tends to think of some pretty fast music.  This other lady thinks it should all be slow.  

Morning all.    Well we got a good 8 inches...Dad said it was really heavy snow.   He said the snow blower was not happy LOL

Mom really wishes she could play a musical instrument.   She has one of the key boards that plays like either a piano or organ depending on what you want..She has tried learning it, but just can't get the hang of it.

Today we are back into a cold spell so mom is making a chili for dinner... she decided to make it more soupy then usual so that it will warm up easier if there is left overs

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page