The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,978Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning all. 

OMD our internet went out... Mom thought nothing of it, figured it would come right back up but it didn't so she wandered over to the neighbors to see if hers was out.  The neighbor said hers was fine.  Called the phone company they fiddled with some things determined it was the phone line said they would send a tech to fix it in the morning... So yesterday they finally showed.  Well come to find out... someone switched our phone line with someone else's.  Really weird not sure if it was another phone company person or if someone has been messing around at the Junction box... Anyway.. Then Mom and Dad had to take the Van in to be checked after the Engine light came on.  Seems it needs a new radiator and Catalytic converter... OMD... Thank dog it's under warranty... 

Anyway at least we are having some nice weather.  And we have a bird nesting on the deck again this year...  Mom can't wait to see the babies.  

A going away pizza party sounds like fun.  Mom hates when her neighbors move away though... Someones moves in and it takes a while to get to know them.

OMD Pippi you would have thought the Fiber Optic people would have learned where the gas line was after the first time they hit it.  Hope they don't hit is again.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 8,706Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guys doing the digging have said utilities were marked but in places they have been more than 4 feet off. Hopefully they will proceed carefully now.
    Yikes on the internet problems.  Hopefully just a mistake on someone's part and no more troubles here on out.  
    Thank goodness for warranties. 
    I hope you will be able to get pictures of the birds.  Do you know what kind of bird has built the nest?  

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Morning all

Pippi.. Mom thinks they are Tree Swallows.   They normally like to hang around areas that have lots of water like lakes or streams.   We do have a stream about a half mile away so maybe they just can't find anyplace that they like that is closer then our house LOL.    Mom will try to get pictures this year.  Last year they we hatched and flying faster then she would have thought possible 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• HannaBelleHannaBelle HoustonPosts: 18,364Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

Pippi, geez, those  utilities were about 4ft off.  We had red flags in our backyard when they did the fence.  That's a big job taking down the ceiling!

SlinkySandy, both our cars have ailments. Birdie babies are so cute. Weird about the phone lines.

We had a BIG storm last night. There was golf sized hail....never seen that here before and been here 50 years. 

xoxo  <3

"Dogs are miracles with paws.” — Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

Morning all

Happy Mommy's Day

We are having a little nice weather today.. but gonna be rainy tomorrow and the day after so mom made chicken rice soup.   For some reason she won't let us have it .. She gave us just a few nibbles of chicken and set a little more aside to go with Kibble.  Can you believe that Kibble for us when they are having Chicken and rice... 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Golf ball sized hail @HannaBelle ?!! Yikes!  Did you have a lot of damage?  I would think everything would have damage with that size.  Hope no one was outside during that.  Eeek. 

Kibble and water while that dine on chicken and rice?!!  That's just wrong.  I'd eat a shoe or two to show them how you feel.  hehe.  

We got a good nap with mom this afternoon.  She ended up getting into some poison ivy this week and has a little spot on her cheek and up by her temple (as well as arms and legs.  The arms and legs are itchy, but luckily the face hasn't been.  However, the face has been swelling, and today one whole side of her face was swollen, especially under the eye.  So off to the walk in clinic this morning and now on steroids for a few days. Happy to say the swelling is already coming down some.  Yay.

Hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day ... even if they do only feed you kibble and water.  hehe

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Good morning all

Oh Poison Ivy ... No fun.  Mom says if it got on you clothes you will want to wash them at least 2 or three times before you wear them again.  And make sure you wash them separately from other clothes cause the oil will spread.

Mom is going out shopping today.  she needs a new house coat.  Not sure she will find what she wants cause they will have all the summer stuff out but she wants to look anyway 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

Pippi, we only heard 5 or 6 thuds on the roof. Mama thought it was aliens!  :o She went out to look and saw the golf ball hail on the ground. Thankfully since not too much fell there wasn't any damage. Some in Houston got damage.  Sorry mom got poison ivy. That must be miserable. Mama remembers when she was a girl scout getting bit by chiggers when camping....that was pretty bad, too. She never itched so much!

SlinkySandy, hope you find a house coat. Mama doesn't own one of those. 

We are having gorgeous weather....it's been so long! Mama is going out with some of her old school friends for lunch tomorrow.

xoxo  <3

HI all

Mom could not find one that she liked.   She wants on that won't pill up after being washed 2 or 3 times... 

She checked amazon to see if they had one like she had before but all they had was an extra small.  (* sigh *)...she will find one eventually, but she really hates taking so long to find things that she wants 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    I REALLY DO LOVE YOU ALL 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

( I POSTED THIS ON P4P)
    DEAR ALL ... THIS IS PAM SPEAKING AROUND 7PM TONIGHT(I4TH) I SPOKE WITH MARY... YES BENNY AND LOUIE'S MUM. AS YOU ARE AWARE HER BELOVED HUSBAND BOB HAS BEEN ILL. IT IS WITH GREAT SADNESS I HAVE TO TELL YOU BOB PASSED ON FRIDAY. MARY IS OK AND COPING AS SHE ALWAYS DOES. SHE ASKED ME TO TEL YOU ALL IF YOU WERE WONDERING WHERE SHE WAS ... THAT IT WILL BE A LITTLE WHILE BEFORE SHE RETURNS. BUT SHE WILL BE BACK. HOLD THE BEAUTIFUL LADY IN YOUR HEARTS PLEASE. SHE GOES BACK MANY YEARS WITH MOST OF US AS BENNY'S MUM ON DOGSTER. I SENT LOVE AND HUGS FROM ALL OF US.

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Hi all

Thank you, Pam, for the news about Bob. That is very sad.  We love you, too!

<3   <3   <3

I had a great time with my old school friends at lunch. We talked for 4 hours!

xoxo  <3

@Sandy_Kramer_etc ugh, hadn't thought about washing clothes separately because of the poison ivy.  What a thought.  Mom is going to have to designate some clothes as yard clothes.  That won't help when she gets into it geocaching, but maybe will help with the yard.  Mom finished off the steroids yesterday.  Today her cheek and around her eye feel a little swollen again.  Hoping it is her imagination.  

@HannaBelle yes chiggers are awful, too.  Don't like those or ticks.  Don't even like mosquitoes.  

Hope your mom had fun going out with her friends.  Nice to be able to get together like that.  

I'm so sorry to hear about Bob passing.  I don't think I know that family, but will certainly keep Mary in my thoughts and prayers.  

Hope you are doing well FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon .  Always nice to see you drop in.  

We had a week where the weather was pretty nice.  Not as hot and humid and we could have windows open some.  We're getting into hotter weather now and next week they are talking about near record highs.  Mom was able to get some things done in the yard before it got too hot.  

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Flicka mom not sure I know the family..But will keep Mary in our thoughts

Just running through today but mom says too nice to spend much time online. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy so will try to stop by then 

(*hugs*) for anyone that needs one.

And really happy you stopped by Flicka mom ... we really miss you 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

Pippi, hope mom's cheek and eye are better now. It will be 90 degrees here today. It is windy, too.

SlinkySandy, enjoy the outdoors while you can!

We are enjoying our yard right now. Sat out on the patio yesterday evening and played fetch with Hanna and sat on the swing. It was really nice but it is really getting to be too hot. The flowers are pretty but I know they won't last long! We've had two lizards escape into our house. Thankfully my son was able to catch them and put them back outside. 

xoxo  <3

@HannaBelle lizards in the house?!!  EEEEEKKKKK!!!!!  Glad you were able to get them out.  I hate to think of the screaming mom would have done.  Tee hee hee.  

You can barely see where the poison ivy was on mom's face now.  Her arms, well, you can still see it there, but it's not bad.  

We're getting into the 90s here as well.  Sure wish it could stay cooler.  

Yesterday mom and I went to her ukulele buddies' house. I love going there.  They have a large fenced yard.  I spent most of the time there napping, but made sure to run around like crazy before we left.  Felt good to run and run and run.  And good news - not feeling it today.  Mom was a little afraid I might have overdone it.

Hi all

Almost nice today.. mostly sunny but just enough pop up showers to make working outside difficult.   

Hanna Mom, Mom says we need a couple of really hot days to dry everything out... She is so tired of mud season LOL.

Pippi mom agrees EEEEEEEEEK.... we don't have lizards here... Mom is not sure what she would do if she ever moved someplace that has them.  

Glad you got to do some running around.   Nothing like having enough room that you think you are fee LOL

Hope everyone is doing ok.  Does anyone know if Flicka's family got any of that tornado action... That sounded really bad 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Just running through to see if anyone from the storm areas have check in.. Hope everyone is safe and well 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

Pippi, mama always worries if one of those lizards wasn't caught it might get in bed with her at night! BOL Good that mom's poison ivy is going away! How fun to run and run!

SlinkySandy, we are OK from the bad weather. Most of it was north texas and we're in southeast TX. Haven't heard from FlickaMom.

xoxo  <3

A lizard in bed?!!  What a thought.  If I thought mom would scream really loud at one in the house I can only imagine if one was in the bed.  You might hear the scream all the way in TX.  BOL.  No lizards there Sandy?  Boy are we envious.  

Hope no one had trouble with the weather.  We had one little thunderstorm the other.  It was nothing and no damage but there was one loud clap of thunder that made us all jump!  BOL

Hi all

Mom sent and email to Flicka mom... they got a lot of rain, but the worst of it stayed away so they are all ok.

Hanna mom glad you and your family are ok as well.   Flicka mom say she had seen you post at the other site so knew you were ok

Mom and Dad finally got mom's veggie beds prepped so she can started getting the veggies planted 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Glad to hear everyone is okay.  

That looks good @Sandy_Kramer_etc .  I'm sure you have said before, but what will you grow in your garden this year?

Hi all

Pippi, that loud thunder is very scary especially when it makes the house shake! How have you been feeling?

SlinkySandy, thanks for checking on FlickaMom. I was planning to email her and got distracted. Cool veggie beds. How do you keep pests away? We had gardens back in the day but something always managed to nibble on the tomatoes, cucumbers and other stuff. 

We have a bird nest in the new little tree! Woo Hoo! Not sure what kind of bird it is yet. 

xoxo  <3

Hanna mom... Knock on wood.. Mom as never had an issue with any pests bothering her gardens... she has probably been lucky LOL

This year she is planning squash peas tomatoes cukes beets and maybe watermelon.

She is not sure how well everything will grow being as it is really late for planting, but she is gonna make the attempt anyway 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Well mom got the garden almost done... then we got torrential rain... go figure.. really hope the plants like lots of water LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@HannaBelle I'm doing great.  Most people probably wouldn't realize at this point I ever had anything wrong.  Mom can see little things, but they are all just that - little things.  For example - my stance ... I now do my back legs further apart than I used to.  Maybe to balance better.  And I run crooked now.  I bunny hop up the stairs where I used to go one paw at a time.  And my back legs don't have the strength they used to, but I'm still improving.  I'm starting to jump up on furniture again.  Mom says even if I never improve further than what I am now we are happy with that.  I can walk, run, go up and down the stairs, potty on my own and so much more.  If we would get more serious about some PT I could probably regain that strength I've lost and improve my balance a little more (which is pretty good really but not what it used to be).  So all in all I am doing great.  

@Sandy_Kramer_etc everything in the garden sounds good to.  Especially watermelon.  Yum!

Mom gave all three of us a bath on Monday.  Tuesday she pressure washed the house.  She said it is a lot easier and faster to wash three dogs than one house.  BOL

Hi all

SlinkySandy.....no pests...that's great! Oh no, hope the rain didn't bother anything. We need rain. I'm hoping for some today...if not....mama will have to put out the sprinkler.

Pippi, so glad to hear you are doing great! I bet mom was tired after baths and pressure washing. That's hard work!

Mama couldn't find her credit card yesterday. She panicked.  Dumped out her purse and it wasn't there. Checked in the car and not there. Then she called the grocery store she was at the other day and they had it. WHEW!  She said she was too old for that kind of excitement!

xoxo  <3

@HannaBelle whew on the credit card.  That would be a scare.  So glad you found it.  

Nothing exciting going on here.  Mom is too tired.  BOL

Oh Hanna Belle...Glad mom found it.   Mom says you will want to keep close track of it for a few months just to be sure no one at the store jotted down the number.  Maybe even call the credit card company just to let them know what happened... so many bad people out there.

mom says the beets and carrots are planted... Hopefully we get something out of it :)

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

That's not a bad idea @Sandy_Kramer_etc both letting the credit card company know and keeping an eye on things.  Can't be too careful.

Morning ladies.. Mom got tired of the puddles in the back yard so her and dad went to the garden center to find out what plants would be best to help combat the problem.   Mom got some really pretty Japanese willows.. and ivory dogwood and a Ivory willow to go with her black one.   Mom will try to get pictures when we get another nice day.

Today mom is doing dog bedding and making a bread pudding with cherries and blueberries.   She has never made one before but had stale bread and frozen berries that needed to be used up.   Will let you know how it comes out 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page