Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Comments

• HannaBelleHannaBelle HoustonPosts: 18,370Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

Pippi, too tired for excitement here, too. This heat is just zapping it out of us!

SlinkySandy, thanks for the credit card tips! Bread pudding....yum!

Fly free sweet Winkie!  :'(

xoxo  <3

"Dogs are miracles with paws.” — Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 8,803Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like some pretty things @Sandy_Kramer_etc .  Can't wait to see them. 

@HannaBelle mom is very much over the heat already and wishing for snow.  BOL.  Zaps our energy, too!!

I sure hated to hear about Winkie.  Even when you know they are not going to get better it's still hard to let them go.  

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 109,052Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning all

Just running through

Mom says the bread pudding came out delish.   we wouldn't know cause mom wouldn't share... but it did smell good cooking.

Mom also says she thinks the baby birds may have hatched.... she hasn't seen any little head peaking up yet.. but it looked like mom was trying to feed one yesterday... 

Today mom and dad doing yard work   we finally got some nice weather so mom and dad want to get as much done as they can before it goes back to being rainy 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Hi all

Pippi, I wouldn't mind a little snow shower about now!

SlinkySandy, I bet the bread pudding did smell good. Hope you see the baby birds soon. We have a bird nest in our new tree.

xoxo  <3

Hi all just running through...Busy busy busy.. Mom says no little heads peeping out yet, but hopefully soon 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Picture of baby bird... 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

We have a bird nest we can see in a tree out our window.  Mom could just barely see a couple of eggs in there at first, and then nothing.  We think something must have gotten the eggs.  :(  We were really looking forward to seeing baby birds, too.  Glad yours have hatched @Sandy_Kramer_etc@HannaBelle have you seen baby birds yet?  

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Morning all

Mom says at least 2 birds in the nest.. but mom hasn't been able to get anymore pictures... momma bird has been busy trying to keep them fed, so mom tries not to disturb them

Raining today and the engine light on the van came on again so looks like another trip to the shop to see what the issue is this time

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,680Member ✭✭✭✭
    ILOVE YOU ALL... I AM SO SORRY I AM HARDLY HEAR MUCH... BUT I LOVE YOU AND YOU ARE ALL IN MY HEART <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

MUM HAD THE FIRST BAD HURTY LAST WEEK WHEN SHE DIDNT SEE THE BACK DOOR EDGE ON AND WALKED INTO 2.5 ICH WIDE AND METAL CLAD EDGE. HUGE LUMP AND SMAL CUT ON LEFT SIDE OF FOREHEAD SKULL AND A BRUISE THAT HAS BLOOMED AND BLOOMED. THEN.... LAST NIGHT SHE FELL IN THE DOORWAY OF THIS ROOM AND SMASHED HER SHOULDER INTO THE WHITE CUPBOARD AND FELL ON HER KNEES ONTO THE BABYGATE. MULTIPLE BRUISES ON KNEES AND SHOULDERSAND HURTING LOTS TODAY MUM JUST HATES THIS CRAP THAT WONT HEAL FROM THE STROKE THE LEFTSIDE NEGLECT STUFF

PLEASE TAKE CARE ALL 
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Oh Flicka mom... (* hugs *) (* hugs *) and more (* hugs *).

Mommy has an aunt that the family swears they need to wrap in bubble wrap.. Maybe we could do that with you til you get better.

Mom also has an issue with running into things cause she is mostly blind on one side.  It usually happens when she is trying to hurry or doing 2 things at once.   That is part of why she doesn't drive, she knows that there are lots of things she just would not see.

Dad has gotten good at paying attention to what mom is doing whenever he is around to make sure she doesn't run into things, but even then she is still a clutz... the other day for example mom walked back and forth over a small piece of garden fence, then she got talking to dad about something took a step forward and tripped over that same piece of fencing.   Fortunately the ground is still soft from all the rain, but then mom had to change her clothes cause they were all muddy, LOL

Mom says the best defense is a good offense.. just try to take your time doing things and try concentrate whenever you are in motion... No talking while walking.

Again many (* hugs *).

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.  (((HUG)))  And more sorry that you are bruised and hurt.  Gosh I wish we could wave a magic wand and fix it.  Hang in there and remember how far you have come.  I'm sure it seems slow, but I'm guessing when you stop and look how far you have come it's further than you think.  (((HUG)))  

My mom walks into things, too.  Her peripheral vision doesn't seem to be good any more.  And whatever you call vision for above.  She bangs her forehead on a lot than she thought she had ducked enough to clear.  hehe.  

Mom went to the eye doctor today for a check up.. Now her vision is blurry... so she will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Yesterday mom noticed that Cheeky didn't quite seem herself.  She was keeping more still and at times looked like she was breathing harder.  Mom thought maybe digestive problems, because Cheeky used to have a lot of trouble like that.  This morning her breathing seemed more labored.  So mom called and got her in to see the vet.  They did a chest x-ray and said there was a LOT of fluid in the chest cavity.  Think the vet called it pleural effusion.  Said there could be various causes such as heart problems, like a heart murmur (although he didn't hear one), or worst case scenario a tumor.  They didn't see a tumor on the x-ray, but the vet also said they couldn't see the heard well because of all the fluid.  The gave her a shot of lasix (diuretic) to help get the fluids off, and a cortisone shot to help her breathe easier.  They are keeping her tonight to monitor her and once they get the fluids off will likely do another x-ray.  Said they may also draw off some of the fluid and look at it.  Hopefully they can figure out what is going on.  We are hoping she only has to stay one night, and hoping even more this is something that can be cured or at the very least well controlled.  Cheeky tends to be a nervous little dog.  So no sure who will be worse tonight - Cheeky or mom.  hehe.  

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi all

OMD, I just realized I haven't been here a couple of days. Had doc and dentist appts and in a rush!  So much going on. 

SlinkySandy, what cute birdies. So cool that you can see them. I am a klutz, too!

Pippi, hope a blue jay didn't get the eggs. They have been known for that! We had both cars in the shop the last couple of weeks.  So sorry for Cheeky. Hope she will be OK.

FlickaMom, OH NO NO NO NO!!!!!!  I am so sorry for you, sending tons of comforting hugs to you!  You don't need all this stuff happening to you. Please try to be extra careful when walking around. I know you must be hurting really bad!
     <3  <3 <3 <3
    xoxo 

Heard from the vet this morning about Cheeky, and the news is not good.  He said the diuretic didn't really help much last night.  So they pulled some fluid out with a needle and it was pretty much all blood.  They did an echo and found a 6 cc mass on her heart.  It is right on her atrium and said it can't be removed.  Cheeky is a small dog, about 7 lbs.  So that is a significant size mass for one her size.  Going to try some medication, but Cheeky probably doesn't have long.  Mom got off the phone and cried and cried and then cried some more because Cheeky is always the one to lick the tears away, but the other day Cheeky didn't feel like doing any kisses.  Mom picked Cheeky up and she is back home.  We have two medications - prednisone to hopefully help shrink the tumor.  (Paws crossed!)  And a vaso-diolator.  The vet said to keep an eye on her and made sure we had his cell phone number if we need him at any time of day or night.  We started the prednisone when we got home, but will wait on the other until this evening.  Think they had already given her a shot that covered it for the day.  She is resting next to mom right now and her breathing is harder than normal.  Where the tumor is, the vet said it makes it hard for her heart to pump blood back out.  (Think that is what he said.)  The sack around the lungs still has fluid, mostly blood.  He hopes that her body will be able to re-absorb that and then that will take some pressure off her lungs.  The vet told mom that given what is going on, don't be surprised if she goes to sleep at some point and just doesn't wake up.  He and mom kind of hope she goes that way rather than having to be helped to the bridge, but if the breathing seems labored enough mom won't let Cheeky suffer.  We don't know how much time we have with her, probably not much.  We are going to hope the medication can buy us a good amount of time.  We'll have to wait and see.  We just want Cheeky to be comfortable with whatever time she has left.  

Oh Pippi Mom... Now mom is crying... Many many hugs.   We have all paws crossed that the Prednisone works..  Give her cuddles and kisses from us.

Mom says her eyes and sinuses are both bothering her today... but she wanted to post an updated baby bird picture

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

Pippi, oh that is just such sad news about Cheeky. It is so hard to hear them struggling to breathe. Sending lots of comforting hugs and hope the meds help keep her comfortable. 

SlinkySandy, mama's sinuses are bad, too! The little birdie is cute.

We are taking my husband out to Saltgrass Steakhouse for Father's Day. It will be too crowded tomorrow.

xoxo
     <3 

Cheeky didn't have a great night last night but resting more comfortably tonight.  Hoping the meds will continue to bring improvement.  

Also hoping every one has a great day tomorrow.  Love the baby birds.  Thanks for sharing those.  

Hi all... Just running through... all paws crossed for Cheeky.   Mom did some yard work this morning.. then wrote out some bill... then when she thought she would have a few minutes to herself dad came home and wanted mom to help him out in the garage.. (* sigh *)... Now her feet hurt and she still needs to get dinner going... Dad better not make too many plans for her tomorrow LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Almost ready to fly 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

Pippi, sending prayers for Cheeky. Hope she is doing better.

SlinkySandy, sounds like you are keeping really busy over there. How hot is it? It's been in the 90's here and miserable! Mama did get out and pull a few weeds but didn't stay out long. Awwwww, the little birdies are so cute.

xoxo  <3

Love the baby birds.  How exciting to have a front row seat.  Hope you get to see them fly.  

Our temps hasn't been quite as bad as yours @HannaBelle but it sure has been humid.  I'll bet you are dealing with that as well.  If we could get rid of the humidity it would feel soooooo much better. 

Cheeky has improved quite a bit since last week.  It's been little improvements day by day.  Her breathing is still not quite normal, but much easier.  At times when she is resting her breathing is getting close to normal.  So happy about that.  And she is resting much more comfortably than a week ago. She goes back for a recheck with the vet tomorrow and we're anxious to see what he says. Honestly we weren't sure Cheeky would have still been here a week later.  We're so glad she is doing better and hope we will get quite a bit more time with her.  

Give all your babies a big hug today.  Hope everyone has a great day.

So glad to here Cheeky is doing better... Will keep all paws crossed that she continues to improve.

our Temps have been in the low 80's til today... now we are back to the 60's and rain....Welcome to Maine... If you don't like the weather just give it a minute it will change.

Anyway too wet to do outside work so mom did the checking accts today...She says we are still poor LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@Sandy_Kramer_etc I think the vet and the plumbers are getting too much of our money.  hehe

Cheeky had her recheck today and I'm happy to say she got a good report.  The vet said to keep the meds the same for now and recheck again in 3 weeks.  Then maybe she can step down a little with the steroids.  I'm not sure he thought she would be around this week.  Frankly, with the way she was last Friday we didn't really either.  Last week he talked like meds might buy her a few days, maybe a few weeks or if we were lucky a couple of months.  Today he talked about where the tumor is it's usually slow growing, and that with the right meds some pups are still around a year later.  So we feel so much more encouraged now.  

Oh Pippi.. That is wonderful news...We will keep our fingers crossed for her

Well the birds have left the nest... and they left an ungodly mess to clean up.   last year it was mostly the railing that needed cleaning this year they covered everything.   Mom is trying to get it mostly clean before dad gets home cause he might decide the mess is not worth letting them nest LOL 

Mom says once it is clean the landbound will be able to go out there when they want which should keep the birds away til next spring 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

Pippi, so happy to hear that Cheeky got a good report. Good that it is a slow growing tumor and maybe buy her some extra time.

SlinkySandy, are you suffering from "empty nest syndrome"? BOL

Mama pulled here shoulder muscle but it's better now. It's been hot and dry here but maybe some rain later today. I hope so, mama is tired of putting out the sprinkler.

xoxo  <3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TINA!  :)

<3  <3 <3

Happy Birthday @Sandy_Kramer_etc mom!  

@HannaBelle wish we could have sent you a little of our rain last week.  Think we may have a dryer week here this week, but chance of rain this afternoon.  

Mom says thank you so very much.  She said that cake looks soo yummy.

She had a really nice day though they waited til today to do her birthday lunch because one of her favorite restaurants had a lobster roll special for today only.  Mom never passes up on lobster rolls LOL

Now mom is sitting on her butt waiting for the rain to start... the wind has picked up so mom is anticipating it might be a good day not to do anything else LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Oh and Hanna Mom ...Yes mom is having empty nest syndrome... she keeps looking out the door expecting to see them LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page