Michael Vick\\\'s Dogs - Update & Photos - These dogs are amazing!

Nancy HolwellNancy Holwell Posts: 61Member
edited 15 May, 2008 in Plus Informational
Can the Michael Vick dogs be saved? At Best Friends, the answer is yes! Once considered too damaged to ever be adoptable, the rehabilitation of Michael Vick\'s fighting dogs is challenging everything we thought we knew. The article is several pages...for the entire article please visit: Michael Vick\'s Dogs Update

Comments

• Apryll JustynApryll Justyn North HaledonPosts: 536Member
    edited 14 May, 2008
    Thank you for posting this link. What a great update! Yes, there is still a long road to go but what an amazing facility and wonderful people there helping not only the Vick Dogs but all animals that need help. Again, thank you for posting this link.
  • edited 14 May, 2008
    :h::h::h::h::h::h:|:|
  • Adrienne SandersAdrienne Sanders EnochPosts: 1,524Member
    edited 14 May, 2008
    I am going to Best Friends in August to volunteer for a week. My friend and I do it every year. I CAN'T WAIT!!! I will bring pictures home and share them with all the Dogster folks. At BF you can have dog sleepovers so I'm hoping I can have Little Red for a sleepover. I'm one of her sponsors and can't wait to meet her!!
  • marilynn jeffersonmarilynn jefferson CypressPosts: 30,433Member
    edited 14 May, 2008
    Thank you Sage so much for posting this update. Our hearts broke when we saw poor Lucas face with all his battle-scars. What a wonderful place. Does anyone know if Vick was made to pay any money towards the rehabilitation of these poor pups? How nice to know there are such wonderful people in this world to counteract the viciousness of others. Thanks Sage...you made our day. Bridger!!! How exciting. We cant wait to hear all about it and see the pictures...you are lucky. Give all the pups hugs from us. |:|
  • Adrienne SandersAdrienne Sanders EnochPosts: 1,524Member
    edited 14 May, 2008
    :-h Doxie's!! Vick was ordered to pay Best Friends $989,000.00 towards their care and rehibilitation. If any of you ever get a chance to visit BF, it will change your thinking on if an animal can be saved. It changed my life going there. I had to book 2009 4 months ago just to stay on site. It's an amazing place!!
  • marilynn jeffersonmarilynn jefferson CypressPosts: 30,433Member
    edited 14 May, 2008
    Wow Bridger.....that is amazing you had to book that far ahead. I love the fact they take all animals. We cant wait to hear about your trip. Thanks for the info about Vick. We are glad he has to pay something, we were afraid he would get off scott free. |:||:||:| thanks for the pupdates...we will keep checking the site to follow how they are doing.
  • Jean DeSenaJean DeSena Posts: 7,304Member
    edited 15 May, 2008
    =D>:h::h::h::h::h:=D> Thank you Sage.:c9 4 Paws up, PAwesome BridgersMom:q