Just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain

Nancy HolwellNancy Holwell Posts: 61Member
Just finished Garth Stein\'s new book. It was really, really good. I am also a big fan of car racing having grown up near the Indy Speedway so I love the dog\'s passion for racing! The book got sad around the middle so I wasn\'t able to stop reading until I got to the happy ending! It was worth it. It really makes you think! There\'s a cute trailer for the book here: http://dogtime.com/the-art-of-racing-in-the-rain.html

Comments

• Jessica BondJessica Bond Traverse CityPosts: 1,685Member
    edited 24 May, 2008
    I just found this book at Starbucks the other day. I'm really hoping to get it and put it on my "summer reading" list. I'm glad you gave it a good review!! ~b~
  • Elizabeth SzelogElizabeth Szelog ConcordPosts: 581Member
    edited 27 May, 2008
    I'll have to see if the library has it. Thanks for the info!
  • Kim CostaKim Costa Cape CodPosts: 826Member
    edited 9 June, 2008
    I read this a couple of weeks ago, excellent book!!!~b~ One of my favorites I have to say!!!
  • Christy GatesChristy Gates St. Clair Shores and Taylor,MIPosts: 2,138Member
    edited 14 June, 2008
    it's on my list--I have so mant to read and catch up on!!
  • Jaime MitchellJaime Mitchell MilwaukiePosts: 211Member
    edited 17 June, 2008
    I just saw this book this morning at Starbucks! It looked really good, but I didn't have time to finish reading the synopsis (people behind me in line were getting antsy). Thanks for the good reviews! I'll have to check it out at the library...I wonder what the catalog number is for Dog Lit! BOL! :))
  • Jaime MitchellJaime Mitchell MilwaukiePosts: 211Member
    edited 17 June, 2008
    I guess I'm a little slow to find out about this book! I just checked the county library's online catalog and there are 72 holds on the 13 copies in the county system! Yikes! :( Maybe I'll just go up to Powell's and get a copy to add to my own Dog Lit Library.
  • Judy LoreJudy Lore SalidaPosts: 319Member
    edited 18 June, 2008
    I really loved this book. Got a copy at Sam's CLub for around $15 to add to my Dog Book collection..............now on to "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle", a debut novel by David Wroblewski that is making a lot of "noise" in the most positive ways. Quoting from IndieBound.org -"Driven by powerful characters, particularly mute Edgar abd the amazing dog Almondine, this story of a family's destruction will resonate with readers long after completion." Sounds meaty............Jess, Dusty, Zoe, Dylan and their HM
  • Julie RobertsJulie Roberts Oak LawnPosts: 1Member
    edited 19 June, 2008
    I just finished it too (in 2 days!) - it\'s an AWESOME book. I could just imagine my Sargent thinking all these thoughts. What a wonderful dog Enzo was :).
  • edited 25 June, 2008
    I really loved this book. 10x better than Marley and Me which I loved too. ;c;
  • Aimee BittingerAimee Bittinger SeattlePosts: 5,683Member
    edited 7 July, 2008
    =;=;=;=;=;=; Thumbs up to it. It's one of mom's new favorites. Can you believe mom is lucky enough to know the owner? *drools* Anyhow, it's a great one, highly recommended even if you don't like car racing or know anything about it (like us).
  • susan klingsusan kling Posts: 44Member
    edited 1 November, 2008
    i've had this book for quite a while and i just started it yesterday. i can't put it down. it is so clever and charming--i love the dog already! i can't believe more dog owners aren't talking about this book....
  • Darbi RashDarbi Rash Posts: 9,514Member ✭✭
    edited 14 June, 2010
    We read the Art of Racing in the Rain and thought there was a thread on it here somewhere - a wonderful book, we recommend it and leaves you with a good feeling. =;