Dogs and fireworks | Tips to ease your dog\\\'s anxiety

Nancy HolwellNancy Holwell Posts: 61Member
edited 4 July, 2008 in Plus Informational
Found a good article with tips on how to help your dog cope with 4th of July fireworks! Complete article here: Dogs and fireworks Article begins: For humans, Independence Day generally means fun... or at least a barbeque and time off from work. But thanks to fireworks, the Fourth of July can be the scariest night of the year for dogs. The sudden, deafening sounds (what\'s loud to us is ear-piercing to them) and bursts of light in the sky can elicit serious anxiety, if not downright terror. So to avoid sending your pets trembling with fear, hiding in remote parts of the house, or even running away, check out these tips for keeping them feeling safe and secure...

Comments

• Adrienne SandersAdrienne Sanders EnochPosts: 1,524Member
    edited 26 June, 2008
    Yup!! I turn on Animal Planet pretty loud and shut all the windows. Dogs are terrified of fireworks!
  • Jean DeSenaJean DeSena Posts: 7,304Member
    edited 29 June, 2008
    Thanks for this timely post. :q I am terrified of fireworks and thunder. Be well and safe every fur.|:|
  • Randee MillerRandee Miller LantanaPosts: 4,287Member
    edited 3 July, 2008
    Yes, thank you so much for posting those tips. NO noise bothers me at all cuz I am deaf %:D% one of the times Mama is glad I am too! But the rest of the pack all get scared. Happy and 4th to you all! Snap
  • S- KreuzerS- Kreuzer Southern halfPosts: 63,337Member
    edited 3 July, 2008
    Thanks for posting this! I posted similar tips last year for the 4th. I am one of those pups that hates loud thunder and fireworks. ::o
  • Bella CrumBella Crum ChicagoPosts: 2,380Member
    edited 3 July, 2008
    I just bark with my sister like doggie furriend who sometimes visits, Bella! BOL!!!
  • Sandi HarperSandi Harper Wide spot in the road in East Posts: 1,856Member
    edited 3 July, 2008
    I am quite stoned, thank you very much. Mom and Doc say I'm gonna be on doggie downers all weekend. Angel Robin dopes me up in the AM and Angel Lucy is my drug pusher in the PM. I love them both, but humama says I probably won't give a pootie toot who feeds me this weekend while my humans are on vacation. I knew it was a conspiracy. Another one of those "for my own good" things. Pshaw. Mom says as long as I am safe and content she's happy. ~b~
  • Meaghan BrothersMeaghan Brothers YourmomvillexDPosts: 17,211Member
    edited 4 July, 2008
    Thanks Fur the post, I am terrified of fireworks:-/