amstaff crossed with italian greyhound???

At the dog park there is this lady who has a really handsome 8 month old pitt bull type dog. She said she got it in a pet shop and they said it was a cross between an Amstaff and an Italian greyhound. Do you think that is likely? Who would think of such a strange mix, and wouldn't they have a difficult time breeding for physical / temperamental reasons? (very different both pysically and temperament wise, so it could cause issues / difficulties). I am not into bying pets from the pet shop because it is highly likely to be supplied by puppy mills, and also, for that exact reason, what pet shop would think of mixing the 2 breeds?

Comments

• Shoshana LShoshana L Central TexasPosts: 345Member
    edited 13 August, 2008
    How big is the dog?
  • edited 18 August, 2008
    He is about 40 pounds. 8 months old. by the way Peanut is very beautiful.
  • Patrick BohlerPatrick Bohler Posts: 11Member
    edited 17 November, 2008
    Some pet shops have shelter and rescue groups that hold adoption days. Maybe that's how she got her dog. Depending on if the Pit Bull was the father or mother would determine any health risk. Not all Pit Bulls are these huge things portrayed in movies. If the mother was of the Pit Bull type, she should have no problem with the pregnancy. I've rescued Pit Bulls mixed with anything from a Lab, Shepherd and various herding breeds. I'd love to see a pic of this dog.
  • Jenn DudgeonJenn Dudgeon Posts: 1Member
    edited 7 September, 2013
    I have adopted a amstaff/greyhound mix. She is 7 months old. She is sooo sweet and loving! But I am having issues with food. She will have good solid poops one day and then the next they are loose or just all liquid. (Sorry) I just don't know what to do or try. I've tried grain free- sensitive stomach- wet food. Any input??
  • Teodor MihovTeodor Mihov Posts: 2Member
    edited 23 September, 2013
    Hi,there! I adopted a mix between amstaff and anyother breed but they don't know what? I think it's some kind of hound.Can you please help me to figour out.Can you please post a picture of this amstaff/hound so I can cpmpare with my dog? I will appreciate.Thank you.
  • Teodor MihovTeodor Mihov Posts: 2Member
    edited 23 September, 2013
    Hi,there! I adopted a mix between amstaff and anyother breed but they don't know what? I think it's some kind of hound.Can you please help me to figour out.Can you please post a picture of this amstaff/hound so I can cpmpare with my dog? I will appreciate.Thank you.