Animal Planet does story on Mike Vick

Don GambrelDon Gambrel Lima, OhioPosts: 110Member
On Sunday, August 24 at 10pm the Animal Planet will air a story on Mike Vick and his Pit bulls. I feel this will stir up trouble on Pit's all over once again.

Comments

• Katie Dawn WingKatie Dawn Wing SymsoniaPosts: 556Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    This is the first I have heard of it...but...maybe it will shed a nice light on Pit bulls for a change.
  • Adrienne SandersAdrienne Sanders EnochPosts: 1,524Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    I'd be interested in watching it myself!
  • Don GambrelDon Gambrel Lima, OhioPosts: 110Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    From watching the previews, it suppose to also show what happened to the dog's. I just hope it doesn't make the Pit Bull's look bad.
  • V GraffV Graff Posts: 120Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    I REALLY hope that they portray the dogs in a good light. Animal Planet isn't always kind to pit bulls.
  • Sherri MaguireSherri Maguire Glendale Hts., IL, Dupage Dog Posts: 165Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    I read an article in the paper during the summer, telling of how many of Vick\'s dogs have now been rehomed. Since he had to pay such a large fine, they used some of those funds toward taking care of the dogs. I recall a large number of them had already been found to be lovable lugs. Hopefully the show will mention that. :D
  • edited 17 February, 2011
    I also hope the show doesn't talk bad about the Pitties.|:|
    edited 17 February, 2011
    I know the one dog that came from Vick is a major frisbee catcher, seen it some where on here.
  • Cecilia ChavezCecilia Chavez santa claraPosts: 63Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    There arent such thing as bad dogs, only bad owners.
  • Adrienne SandersAdrienne Sanders EnochPosts: 1,524Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    The 22 at Best Friends are doing FANTASTIC!! I read also that one in California, Leo is his name is now a therapy dog for cancer patients!! Bad bad owners, not bad dogs. People who think otherwise are not educated about the breed. They are the best family dogs ever!!
  • Erika HoffmanErika Hoffman Posts: 94Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Maybe it will elicit sympathy for Pits?
    edited 17 February, 2011
    I'm with you all, not bad dog's, un-educated, bad people.... My thought about the bad people is that most give up on certain trainings (Basic's) and no disipline (typo?). I've seen people get dogs and the only thing they do is feed them and nothing more, then wander why they got a super hyper dog that doesn't listen.... Just my thoughts, not to offend anyone...