Dog Gaurds Dead Owner

Don GambrelDon Gambrel Lima, OhioPosts: 110Member
This was in the Lima Newspaper; A dog stood guard over her owner's body for up to six weeks after the man committed suicide on a remote northeastern Colorado plains, authorities said. The body of 25-year -old Jake Baysinger of La Salle was found Sunday on the Pawnee National Grasslands about 75 miles northeast of Denver. Cash his German shepherd, was found beside him, thin and dehydrated but still alive. The dog had apparently survived by eating mice and rabbits, said authorities.|/a/| Ozzy's dad=> God bless that dog!!!

Comments

• Kimi HKimi H SunderlandPosts: 2,257Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    What a sad story. It has a special poignancy for me because, at one point in my life, I was starting to feel suicidal (partly because of a bad reaction to some meds... you wouldn't think a medicine can affect the way you think to such an extent but it CAN so be CAREFUL!). Eponine literally saved my life on several occasions. Of course, one who is suicidal is not in their right mind and not, generally, in a position to think of how this will have an effect on their loved ones. They falsely believe everyone will be better off without them. Having a dog right there to physically show you how much you mean to their life every day can certainly help. For this man, it must not have been enough. A shame for both of them. I'm glad the doggie survived. I hope he will be okay. You heard it here, Dogsters. No matter how bad things get, please please please don't commit suicide. YOUR DOG NEEDS YOU!
  • Erika HoffmanErika Hoffman Posts: 94Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    That is so tragic. I really feel for that young man\'s family. But, what an amazing dog. Eponine, I know where you are coming from! You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • Don GambrelDon Gambrel Lima, OhioPosts: 110Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    I felt sorry for the family and the Dog too, Can you just wonder what went thru that poor dogs mind. It just broke my heart to read this.
  • Tina SandersTina Sanders AnnapolisPosts: 739Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Ugh! My heart aches for that poor dog.
  • Emmeline LamEmmeline Lam GuelphPosts: 484Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    What ever happened to the dog? Did he go to the man's family, or did they have to find a new home for him?:(
  • angie irwinangie irwin Posts: 2,055Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Mans (and womans) best friend , they truly just want to please us.:q
  • Don GambrelDon Gambrel Lima, OhioPosts: 110Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Winnie, to be honest, thats all they put in the paper on it.
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Winnie.:-h The guy's wife found the dog and took him home, from what I read in another article. As I said somewhere else: GSDs...loyal to the end...and beyond...