General Discussion

John VarsJohn Vars MinnetristaPosts: 1,016Member
edited 17 May, 2005 in Ask Dogster

Comments

• Wonder DogWonder Dog San FranciscoPosts: 1,885Member
    edited 27 February, 2006
    This thread has been moved to Moderator Only Forum.
  • michellelovesmichelleloves Posts: 5Member

hi my chowchow is turning 1 next week. what dog dry food should i feed him? i am looking for good and not that pricey maybe below $50 that can last him 2-3 weeks or more? or is this http://petfoodcare.com.sg/product/ideal-balance-natural-chicken-brown-rice-adult-dog-food-4lbs/ ideal balance adult dog dry food good enough?

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,969Member ✭✭✭✭✭

For me there are three requirements for feeding your pets. One Do they like the food. Buying expensive food is useless if they turn their noses up and refuse to eat it. And this well they will eat when they get hungry enough is cruel. Second do they thrive on it. In other words are they playful and they have no physical symptoms from what they are eating like allergies. And third can you afford it. No sense going bankrupt to feed your dog.
    If the ideal balance meets those needs and there hasn't been any major recalls then that is fine. If you can afford better food then Grain free is preferable and I tend to steer away from chicken based feed, but that is my preference.
    Hope that answers your question. I am sure others will have other opinions, But don't let anyone bully you into feeding your dogs anything that is gonna make you/your pet unhappy.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born