St.Marys, Ohio. Man beats girlfriends dog with a bat!!!

Don GambrelDon Gambrel Lima, OhioPosts: 110Member
I got this from the Lima Newspaper today.... Hoping I can get as many people as possible to help put this guy behind bar's. So let's us DOGSTER people be heard, I'll put the phone number and website on the end of this.... On Monday night, September 8, 2008, a St Marys "man" took a baseball bat and beat his estranged girlfriend's dog to an inch of it's life. Sheriff's deputies and the Auglaize County Humane Society agents found the part Doberman bleeding, unconscious and near death lying in a bathtub in the home after being bludgeoned by her caretaker. WHY??? the details will sicken you. According to the owner of the dog, her estranged boyfriend beat her dog with a baseball bat because the dog was something she loved. For some unexplained reason the dog was left in the home of the boyfriend even though she took her children and herself to safety. The 10 year old mixed breed dog named "Jewels" who was adopted nine years ago from the Auglaize County Humane Society, is fighting for her life at the shelter of the Humane Society after this vicious attack which has left her with massive head injuries. She will likely be blind IF she recovers. Humane Society employees have spent many hours comforting her, crying over her, and praying that she will live so we can try to renew her trust in mankind. The perpetrator of this horrendous crime will most likely be charged with "cruelty to animals", but because of the lack of strict laws concerning cruelty to animals. Jewels will never get her justice. There is no justice for such an act by a human being toward an innocent animal. This is the worst crime against an animal that the Auglaize County Humane Society has ever witnessed in our 35 years of existence. It would seem to us to be important NEWS, but since it has not been reported in either the Wapakoneta daily News or the St. Marys Evening Leader, we have to assume that this was not considered important to the community by the local press. Thus we are paying for this advertisement to get the story out to the public. Please pray for Jewels recovery - she will need many prayers. And to those women leaving a dangerous situation at home, please take your animals with you !!!! Auglaize County Humane Society 733 Keller Drive Wapakoneta, Ohio 45895 419-738-7808 You may comment on this story at www.ACHS-pets.com Me--> Thats messed up when they have to do this in a way of advertising to get the story out!!! I will try to find out who the judge is to this, or go search out Auglaize county courts, Let's all help this dog Jewels and let the Human Society know they got a lot of friends on DOGSTER!!! I live about 20 minutes from this place and its got me madder than hell..