St. Marys, Ohio. \"man\" Beats Girlfriends Dog with Ball Bat

Don GambrelDon Gambrel Lima, OhioPosts: 110Member
edited 20 September, 2008 in Dog Laws & Legislation
I got this from the Lima Newspaper today.... Hoping I can get as many people as possible to help put this guy behind bar's. So let's us DOGSTER people be heard, I'll put the phone number and website on the end of this.... On Monday night, September 8, 2008, a St Marys "man" took a baseball bat and beat his estranged girlfriend's dog to an inch of it's life. Sheriff's deputies and the Auglaize County Humane Society agents found the part Doberman bleeding, unconscious and near death lying in a bathtub in the home after being bludgeoned by her caretaker. WHY??? the details will sicken you. According to the owner of the dog, her estranged boyfriend beat her dog with a baseball bat because the dog was something she loved. For some unexplained reason the dog was left in the home of the boyfriend even though she took her children and herself to safety. The 10 year old mixed breed dog named "Jewels" who was adopted nine years ago from the Auglaize County Humane Society, is fighting for her life at the shelter of the Humane Society after this vicious attack which has left her with massive head injuries. She will likely be blind IF she recovers. Humane Society employees have spent many hours comforting her, crying over her, and praying that she will live so we can try to renew her trust in mankind. The perpetrator of this horrendous crime will most likely be charged with "cruelty to animals", but because of the lack of strict laws concerning cruelty to animals. Jewels will never get her justice. There is no justice for such an act by a human being toward an innocent animal. This is the worst crime against an animal that the Auglaize County Humane Society has ever witnessed in our 35 years of existence. It would seem to us to be important NEWS, but since it has not been reported in either the Wapakoneta daily News or the St. Marys Evening Leader, we have to assume that this was not considered important to the community by the local press. Thus we are paying for this advertisement to get the story out to the public. Please pray for Jewels recovery - she will need many prayers. And to those women leaving a dangerous situation at home, please take your animals with you !!!! Auglaize County Humane Society 733 Keller Drive Wapakoneta, Ohio 45895 419-738-7808 You may comment on this story at www.ACHS-pets.com Me--> Thats messed up when they have to do this in a way of advertising to get the story out!!! I will try to find out who the judge is to this, or go search out Auglaize county courts, Let's all help this dog Jewels and let the Humane Society know they got a lot of friends on DOGSTER!!! I live about 20 minutes from this place and its got me madder than hell..

Comments

• Dianah PittmanDianah Pittman La SallePosts: 53Member
    edited 16 September, 2008
    We are sick over this. That poor baby! Hopefully the woman who owned the dogs will press charges against the man for more than just the dog. If she lets the police know that he also abused her, he will get some time in jail. This guy sounds like a future serial killer...only soulless people could try to kill a family pet.:((
  • Tania RieberTania Rieber BangorPosts: 5,447Member
    Please post when you have details on who to contact, etc! This guy deserves to be beat within an inch of his life! If I have to go to where ever this was and do it myself then so be it! The pup is in our prayers and we will do whatever we can to help her!|:||:|
  • Peggy SloanPeggy Sloan Raytown MOPosts: 4,900Member
    Most of the shelters for abused women don't allow dogs, I know that some are allowing the woman to bring the kids and the pet in now. I think that should be with all the shelters. I hear of so many vengeance, acts against animals with estranged couples it just sickens me, if you can't beat the crap out of each other lets take it out on the kids or the dog or cat. Make me sick to my stomach.
  • Emily DavisEmily Davis RichmondPosts: 2,428Member
    edited 17 September, 2008
    sickening. I'd be suing his :-$ so fast....argh!!
  • Don GambrelDon Gambrel Lima, OhioPosts: 110Member
    I put their website at the bottom of the post, I don't know that county all that well, but I'm going to do one better, I have invited them to join. With all the great dogs and their owners, someone should know how to put dork butt in jail for a long time, if nothing else, we will find a way to make laws more severe.
    Great news!!!! The guy only got 180 day's in jail, But Jewels is getting better.....She needs a home somebody, I'm at my max on doggies Here is today's local tv news cast http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1511792923?bclid=1799152651&bctid=1799196746 =D>=D>=D>~b~|$|=;
    I\'m sorry, to post 3 x\'s in a row, but this abuse has me seeing red. See the thing that really pee\'s me off is; what do they do to a dog if they abuse (attack) a human? Thats right, the dog gets put to sleep, in my book murdered. 9 times out of 10 a dog has a really good reason to attack, unless they were taught. Now, a human attacks a dog and what happens? A slap on the hand and told not to do it again.... My great grandmother always told me; You can tell the way a man will treat his wife by the way he treats his dog. and you know what? It\'s true! I love all my critters, and I got my own zoo. When I die, and if God let\'s me, I want to come back as a dog, hopefully to someone like me. I could not imagine a life without dog\'s. I\'ve been known to stop my car in the middle of the road to start a fight with someone out overly beating the crap out of their dog. Its okay to correct a dog, but if I see you using your fist on a dog, there is no maybe, WE WILL FIGHT! Dogs don\'t cry, they don\'t have a voice to tell on someone, I DO!!! thanks for the vent, shoot, I put animal abusers in the same class as rapist, child molesters, and murderers.
  • Tania RieberTania Rieber BangorPosts: 5,447Member
    We are so glad to hear the Jewels is getting better!;c;;c; I wish I could give her a home, unfortunately I've already got my hands full:( Please keep us posted on what is going on with her though, OK? Sucks that the FREAK only got 180 days! He deserves WAY more than that!
  • Angela MoggyAngela Moggy Middle of NowherePosts: 12,266Member
    edited 18 September, 2008
    It\'s sickening.. but it happens.. far too often. I sit on a committee with our local women\'s shelter trying to get foster homes lined up for the pets of women staying in the shelter so that they don\'t have to leave them behind or not leave because they are afraid of what might happen to their pets. We are also hoping to access some funds to be able to build a small shelter where the animals can stay if no foster homes are available. In this situation, finding the money will be easy.. finding people willing to foster given the circumstances is going to be very difficult. But my God.. the stories I have heard of what has happened to animals left behind. One particular story, I couldn\'t get out of my head.. I still can\'t get out of my head. Without going into details, a woman retold of how she and her children were forced to watch as her husband tortured the family dog. He did not survive. When I hear these stories and the one featured here in the OP.. it makes me all the more passionate about seeing this proposal come to fruitation.
  • Stacey MillerStacey Miller WinchesterPosts: 339Member
    edited 18 September, 2008
    I hate this, some ohio men must have bad blood. When I lived in ohio, I had my cat with me, I lived with my boyfriend. He hated that cat, he tortured her while i was gone, i knew this because she wouldnt not come out from under the bed unless i was home alone. She was so frightened that she poop'ed under the bed and pee'd under the bed. I didnt know that part til i moved out. one night I was at work and he called and said, you better come home your cat is bleeding all over the walls. so i went home and she was sneezing blood everywhere. I found an emergency vet in dayton. she had split her pallet wide open. the vet told me she DID NOT do this on her own. asked me who was home with her, i told her my bf. She said if you love your animal you will leave and get her out of their. Little *#*$*$*$* denied hitting her. At that point I vowed I was leaving ASAP it took me a couple months but I was able to leave. My hometown was in KY and i had nobody in dayton. HA HA my husband now is a bigger animal lover than I am!
    edited 20 September, 2008
    Hi Maci, You know, I watch the Dayton news all the time, they got some real sicko's in that city, So I know you went thru hell, sorry about your kitty. the past 2 mths they've had problems with sex offenders around the schools.
  • Angela MoggyAngela Moggy Middle of NowherePosts: 12,266Member
    I'll stick to visiting Columbus with my buddies V&R and Mellow and gang! :))!:))!:))!:))!:))!
    LOL!!! I visit columbus myself from time to time, Dayton, scare the ba-gee-bee's outta me... Love the Columbus Zoo, you got to visit it sometime. You might run into Jack Hanna, lol.