coat over harness?

Bunny_PrincesseLilyCGNBunny_PrincesseLilyCGN bathurstPosts: 9,421Member ✭✭✭
edited 6 January, 2010 in Chihuahua
While looking at some homemade chi coats for the winter, I found an adorable little coat made for a festival we have coming up in august. I didnt buy it because I didnt have the money on me at the time. I am glad I didnt because it occured to me after that it will have to go over her walking harness. I have finally got it into her head that she doesnt set paw out the door without that harness. All the chi pics with clothes I have seen have been without harnessess. Can I put a coat over her harness? ETA her harness is a vest type harness

Comments

• Holly WareHolly Ware BirminghamPosts: 1,316Member
    edited 7 June, 2009
    I'm only starting to look for coats now, but most of the ones I saw in actual shops have had a little hole in the right place. Though, tbh, I see no harm in snipping a little hole, could finish it like a button hole if you want a more professional look.
  • Kara VenekampKara Venekamp SpokanePosts: 366Member
    edited 7 June, 2009
    I have been finding a lot of clothes with leash loops already sewn on them. You can see the loop on the pink dress Luna is wearing the 7th picture on her profile. I don't think it would be too difficult to sew one on the coat you found. I bought a harness that was a little big so it would fit over Luna's winter coat and she could be buckled in her carseat. She always seemed REALLY uncomfortable!
  • Sarah McSarah Mc Posts: 11Member
    edited 6 January, 2010
    Yuki wears coats over his harness when he goes out in cold weather, most have a little hole so I can put the lead through :)