How are your Chis with children?

Bunny_PrincesseLilyCGNBunny_PrincesseLilyCGN bathurstPosts: 9,421Member ✭✭✭
edited 22 January, 2010 in Chihuahua
Princess does not like them. She is ok with them as long as they dont try to pet her , then she snaps at them:( It isnt actually a big deal at this stage in my life, but I just wanted to know how other Chis were.

Comments

• Anne MartellAnne Martell Posts: 208Member
    edited 12 September, 2009
    Petey is timid of them. He has never snapped at one (he has never snapped ever) but he tends to run away from them. If the child kneels on the ground then Petey will come up and let them pet him.
  • Anne MartellAnne Martell Posts: 208Member
    Petey is timid of them. He has never snapped at one (he has never snapped ever) but he tends to run away from them. If the child kneels on the ground then Petey will come up and let them pet him.
  • Yijia WangYijia Wang Posts: 241Member
    Moochi loves children. When we go to the dog park, she goes up to them with her ears back and her butt wag (she doesn't just wag her tail, she wags her entire butt). Her favorite thing is to lick them to death. She is very diligent, she will clean their mouth, their nose, their ears. And when the children want to hold her, she lays there like a little baby. Sometimes, I think she is a purse size lab!! :D
  • Yijia WangYijia Wang Posts: 241Member
    Moochi loves children. When we go to the dog park, she goes up to them with her ears back and her butt wag (she doesn't just wag her tail, she wags her entire butt). Her favorite thing is to lick them to death. She is very diligent, she will clean their mouth, their nose, their ears. And when the children want to hold her, she lays there like a little baby. Sometimes, I think she is a purse size lab!! :D
  • Kara VenekampKara Venekamp SpokanePosts: 366Member
    edited 13 September, 2009
    Luna likes kids a lot better than adults BOL! She does the same as Moochi when she sees a strange/new kid she puts her ears back and wiggles her wagging tail bum up to them for them to pet her. She usually saves her licks for the ones she loves BOL tho! She grew up with my five young nieces and I think that helped her be comfortable with kids. She will however snap at an adult if a stranger tries to pet her while I am holding her. I think she is trying to protect me.
  • Jenni WatsonJenni Watson Belhaven, JacksonPosts: 4Member
    edited 14 September, 2009
    I love my girl. She's 12 now but I came home with her when she was younger. She is really careful with me and I have never been hurt by her. I don't like some of the children I see out because they try to pet my head and I don't really like that. But my girl is sweet to me and I love her.
  • Laura BlankenshipLaura Blankenship El DoradoPosts: 221Member
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Lexey doesn't like kids at all, Elley is ok with them as long as they only try to pet her and not pick her up.
  • Molly BlueMolly Blue Key WestPosts: 5Member
    edited 20 September, 2009
    Boochi is very very shy. She met my nieces (4 & 6) over the summer and they were quiet & calm with her. It took a couple of days, but she ended up playing with them...chase, ball, tug of war, etc. They love her and are very good with her after being educated by me regarding their approach, etc. She still isn't thrilled with being picked up and held by anyone outside of my immediate household...I don't mind though because you never know how careful people will be and she's much too small for mistakes.
  • themisfitbenji1themisfitbenji1 Posts: 6,990Member ✭✭✭
    edited 20 September, 2009
    Honestly, indifferent. They don't like them, but they don't dislike them, either. :-k
  • edited 23 September, 2009
    Lucky is more afraid of them because of how energetic they are and how they can accidentaly hurt him, but Paco has been known to get defensive and put his ears back, wag his tail.. but then snip if they pet him or pull on him in any way. I think they\'re just so tiny they don\'t know what to do with a tiny little energetic human!
  • edel reidedel reid dublinPosts: 4Member
    edited 30 September, 2009
    toby is great with kids , and ami just get so excited when he is playing with the kids he loves them :)
  • gina greengina green Posts: 1Member
    edited 2 October, 2009
    bella loves them when she sees them she goes crazy her little tail wags and her tounge goes in and out of her mouth and she barks till they pet her |$|
  • Katie MorganKatie Morgan Posts: 46Member
    edited 3 October, 2009
    My mother's chihuahua loves kids. He kisses them and plays with them. My aunt has two chihuahuas: Ray Ray is nervouse and timid around kids she has never met. Tipsy on the other hand doesn't like them. She barks and snips and them.
  • Michelle WagesMichelle Wages Kent, OHPosts: 10Member
    edited 24 October, 2009
    I'm so glad to see other chis that are good with kids. Tia loves children and babies. I wish I could take credit for that, but she came to us like that. My aunt (who bred her) always has kids in the house. I think that might have something to do with it. Her brother Antonio is scared of kids and people he doesn't know. Her other brother Paco likes kids that he knows but not strangers so much. They both came from the same litter so I don't know.
  • Heidi PaulsonHeidi Paulson University PlacePosts: 2,785Member
    edited 16 November, 2009
    Lizzie is ok with kids, when they 1st try to pet her she is a little timid at first, but then if they ask if they can hold her, after I hand her to them, she wags her tail and gives them kisses! She will only let kids pet her without holding her if we are in petsmart :)):? But she has never snapped at them or anything
  • Shannon VegaShannon Vega Posts: 4Member
    edited 16 November, 2009
    Jolie loves kids but tends to stay just out of reach of the toddlers :) She is one of the most outgoing friendly Chi's I have ever met (except with other dogs of course)
  • Angie PedrazaAngie Pedraza El PasoPosts: 107Member
    edited 8 December, 2009
    Chloe is EXCELLENT with children....I have two kids (and one more on the way) and she adores my 7 and 4 year old....my 4 year old son can get a little rough once in awhile but she's only snapped/growled at him once and that was because he did a flying leap and landed on the couch where she was sleeping ( I couldnt blame her) but she still loves him and follows him everywhere!
  • Deanie McGuiganDeanie McGuigan WilmingtonPosts: 1,793Member
    edited 9 December, 2009
    It really depends on the kid and the situation, but they tend to not like children so much. They are rarely around children and at this point in our life, they won't be around children anytime soon : )
  • Sarah McSarah Mc Posts: 11Member
    edited 6 January, 2010
    Yuki is pretty random with children! A lot of the time, he runs over to children and tries to lick their face and chases them around O________O But other times he is very cautious
  • Nikki SmithNikki Smith AnchoragePosts: 930Member
    edited 6 January, 2010
    Bella loves her kids. We have 5 year old twins and a 3 year old. Bella adores the girls. She gets so excited when she sees them. When we are in Petco I let any child that asks pet her, I even let some of them hold her. Today Bella is going to visit her girls Kindergarten class. I usually bring her in my coat to pick her up, but today she is going to be formally introduced.
  • Kathleen TruaxKathleen Truax Posts: 12,839Member
    edited 15 January, 2010
    All of our chi's are excellent with children, they grew up playing with our four grandchildren.
  • Tina DukTina Duk ZagrebPosts: 11Member
    edited 22 January, 2010
    Chica is great with my two girls...they are 2 and 5 but very gentle and loving for dogs...maybe the fact that we had Max (who is over 60kg) helped them to realize that you have to be nice with dog... also when we go out, Chica is very friendly with other kids....