Dogel Diner

Comments

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 7,329Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy New Years!! Catching up again. Hmm. Maybe being more orginized and staying caught up can be my resolutions for this year. Nah. Those can be mom's. I think mine will be to junp higher and snatch food (or toilet paper) out of mom's hands faster. BOL! Has anyone else got any resolutions?
    . . .
    Oh a hot water bottle is a good idea. Mom worries about leaving electric things plugged in when she isn't home. Hot water bottle wouldn't stay warm all day, but would feel good for a while.
    . . .
    Somebody sent some arctic air down this way. No snow here, but mom keeps getting weather alerts on her phone about dangerous wind chill temps. Mom and I were going to walk yesterday but we didn't get far. In fact our walk was less then half a mile. The wind was just cutting right through mom. I didn't want to get back in the car because I had on two good layers, but mom wasn't dressed as well. Hope everyone is staying nice and warm.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Oh, by the way, thanks for all the yummy food!

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• 4basenjibratz4basenjibratz PasadenaPosts: 57,956Member ✭✭✭

Ryker: year of the Dog! It's going to be a good year!

Kramer maybe you should handle the east coast and melt down all that snow.

Talker, Savannah aka Banners!, Ryker and Rookie LeRoux
    "We are Basenjis with an Edge"

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 107,986Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all packing up the christmas stuff is taking almost as long as it was to unpack it. Mostly cause DAD has to dig it out of the snow BOL. He said some things would not be findable til spring thaw...

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria GoshenPosts: 198,178Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my! @Sandy_Kramer_etc we have a chance for snow the next few days but temps in the teens. Better then the single digits we have now :)

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

Morning all
    Walker we could get all the way up to 20 day... woo hoo a heat wave. But then we could get another foot of snow.
    There are some decorations DAD just cant'get to.. and there are some that dad is afraid to pull up, things that are frozen to the ground and it would probably break them if he even makes the attempt to get to them.
    Mom says now she knows why some people keep their decorations up til Easter BOL

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@Sandy_Kramer_etc we are at 17 now and thats to be the high for the day :) I see why some people leave things up all year BOL!! Mommy used to put lights on the kitchen porch roof and leave them up all year. It was pretty but they wore out!
    Have a wonderful day B)

Author Unknown

• HersheyHershey San FranciscoPosts: 64,305Member ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sandy_Kramer_etc, it says today is the day we celebrate your Barkdays and Gotcha Days!!!

Happy Barkday to you!
    Happy Gotcha Day, too!!
    Happy Barkday, Happy Gotcha!!!
    Happy BIG DAY to YOOOOUUUU!!!!

I made breakfast!!

And we got you pressies!

Hershey
    My motto: When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

OMD!! @Sandy_Kramer_etc Happy Happy Birthday and Gotcha day!!!!! I'm sorry I didn't realize it! Here is more cake
    <3

Author Unknown

Oh wow cake and presents. Thanks ....
    I better get my half before Sandy gets hers... she tends to eat a little more then her fair share BOL
    Looks like we are not only getting a foot of snow, but high winds with it.... Gonna be about the same as christmas day was... just hoping we don't lose our power...

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Woof! We are at 15 cloudy degrees. The sun is trying to shine :)

Author Unknown

banners: is there any cake left? Kramer Sandy said you had better not have eaten all her cake. OR ELSE.

:: hustles in with a tray of pupcakes! ::

We don't want any bloodshed here at the Diner!!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Oh I'm late but Happy Birthday and Happy Gotcha Day @Sandy_Kramer_etc ! A double celebration. Well, actually since it's both of you I guess that would be a quadruple celebration. Woo-hoo!! At my house mom always says we get to party for a week. So if that's the case here, too, then I haven't missed it all. Hehe..

You can never have too much cake.
    . . .
    Hope you won't lose power @Sandy_Kramer_etc . Do you have a wood burning fireplace or anything like that to help keep warm if the power goes out? Cold here, too, but not like what you are getting. Certainly below the average temps for here for this time of year. Our colder weather usually comes a little later. Hmm. Hope that doesn't mean it's going to be even colder then. Yikes what a thought.
    . . .

Yummy Pupcakes! We have clouds and 13, but 20's and 30's for next week!!

Author Unknown

Move over Kramer... Let me have some of all the cakes and pupcakes and more cakes.
    Well the pawrents got buried in snow. at least another foot of snow on the ground...
    Mom is hoping it won't snow again for a while cause we have way too much now

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

OMD @Sandy_Kramer_etc ! Look at all that snow. You really will need tunnels to go outside. Hmm. On the other hand think of all the snowcream you could make. Heck you could market it. BOL

What we need is a LOT of hot choklit!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

OMD that hot chocolate is what we need. Gonna be freaking cold for the next few days... wind chills at -25...
    Pippi DAD spoils the landbounds. He takes the snow blower and makes trails for us and couple of the neighbors dogs so they all have places to pee....
    I think today everyone is just gonna hibernate and hope we don't lose power with the winds.
    Hope you all have a good day

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Yikes!! -25?!!! Hibernating sounds like a great idea. And yes, hope you don't lose power! Mom ran a few errands this morning and now we are hibernating. Nowhere near as cold as up your way, but cold enough. I'm pushing for mandatory snuggling and group napping. BOL Wish we had a fireplace here at our house. That would feel good to nap by that.

Think today is a good day for some white chicken chili ...

We are at 13 sunny degrees but tomorrow starts the 20's!! @Sandy_Kramer_etc mommy has always dug paths for us doggies out back. Sometimes we just plow pass her BOL!! Have a super day all B)

Author Unknown

:o That's a different kind of chili, @Pippi! Does your mommy have the recipe?

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Good morning all
    Chicken chili looks yummy.... I will have to see if mom will make some. Today is a little warmer. Dad bought an infared heater... he is gonna try it out today to see if its as good as he wants it to be. We are gonna warm up later this week mom says she will try to finish packing up the decorations on the Deck that day.
    Walker Ridge will bound through the snow but they really prefer not too..

Today Mom needs to clean the kitchen. Everything has been put on the Kitchen Table which makes it hard to do anything.
    Hope you all have a wonderful day

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@Hershey mom has never made white chicken chili, but she has had it in restaurants before. It's good! She found that picture online, and luckily it was with a recipe. You can find it at https://addapinch.com/white-chicken-chili-recipe/
    . . .
    Warming up a tad here, too. We're supposed to get above freezing today. Then warmer the rest of the week. Going to be closer to typical temps for this time of year.

Ryker: good morning icicle pups.
    You all need to come to kalifornia for a vaycay.

@Pippi the chili is pawsome! We might get up to 28 degrees!! BOL! Have a great day all B)

Author Unknown

Woof, everyfur! @Pippi, mommy will look at that recipe and see if it sounds like daddy will like it. He gave her a funny look when she mentioned it, BOL!!

We were in the low 50s today. That prolly sounds warm to all you ice doggies, but my mommy is all wrapped up in her blankie and fuzzy slippers! It's supposed to start raining ovfurnight. That usually makes it warm up. It's fur sure going to make going to the laundry room interesting!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

@Hershey if I lived close I would be happy to help eat your dad's share of the white chicken chili if he didn't like it. BOL! It doesn't really taste like chili to mom, but it is good. When mom has had it, it was thicker like chili.
    . . .
    We are expecting freezing rain this morning (actually think it has already started) but thankfully it will be changing to rain this afternoon. Then we may warm up to around 50 tomorrow. Mom and I like that kind of weather. It's good for getting out and doing longer walks. It's also closer to our average temps for this time of year.
    . . .
    Here's a little breakfast ...

Morning all
    Oh that breakfast looks gooood.
    We are finally starting to warm up a little... Looks like we could get to 50 but then its gonna get cold again with freezing rain for the weekend...
    Mom says she just hopes it warms up enough for the snow to come off the roof before we get more.
    Mom is not sure what she is doing today, but she is thinking maybe laundry...
    That chili recipe does look good. Dad will try anything mom cooks... But If he doesn't like it he won't eat much and then will get a bowl of cereal BOL

Hope you all have a good day

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page