Dogel Diner

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,969Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning all.

Mom loves breakfast burritos. 

We have all paws crossed for flicka's mom.  There was a post this morning that sounded like she was doing as well as expected at this point.

Mom is doing beans in the crockpot today.   Weather is a lot cooler then it has been, but at least it looks like we will miss out on the hurricane that gonna hit down south today 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria GoshenPosts: 206,715Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 September, 2018
    @Sandy_Kramer_etc we have had a few very chilly mornings this week! A nice change. We could get the tail end of rain from Florence  up here in Indiana but it depends on the way it goes?

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

• HersheyHershey San FranciscoPosts: 67,298Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 September, 2018
    Woof, everyfur!  Mommy got just a short update on Auntie Pam tonight.  Nothing much has changed, she's still sleeping.  The doggies stayed in a kennel today, and they will again tomorrow.  Mommy says Auntie Pam just needs to wake up! 

Hershey
    My motto: When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

<3  <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Author Unknown

Just running through.   Dad made built in shelves in the old window frame for mom so now she has more storage in the bathroom.   Will post a link to the pictures soon 

Sounds like from the last update I read that Flicka mom is showing improvement.  Will continue to pop really hard for her

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

FlickaMommy is still mostly sleeping, but sometimes she will respond to instructions by wiggling her toes and lifting her hand.  Also, her EEG didn't show anything out of order.  This is good news!  :)

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

That sounds @Sandy_Kramer_etc !!
     <3      <3  Pam and Jay  

Author Unknown

Just running through.    So happy Flicka mom is doing so much better 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Here is what mommy put on her FB page last evening -

Here is the latest update from Jay:
    "Pam is awake! I went in at 9am and she was awake. I told her everyone missed her and such. I told her I mowed the lawn and she raised her brow.

Author Unknown

Mommy got  a new update from Uncle Jay today:
    "The breathing tube has been removed.  Pam is still getting a little oxygen through her nose tubes.  The drainage tube in her cranium has been removed and the hole has been sealed shut.  She still has a food tube, but when she can demonstrate that she can eat and swallow, that will be removed as well.  She was very groggy this morning, but responsive to instructions.  The PT folks showed up and put her through a minor workout.  They had her hold a wash cloth in her hand and wipe her face.  She is trying to speak, but not there yet.  She also managed to move her left foot a little when instructed.

"Doctor says they will keep her in ICU another day or so and then transfer her to a non-ICU room.  Depending on progress, she will eventually go to a rehab facility."

Go Auntie Pam!! 

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Praise The Lord!!!  <3

Author Unknown

Hugs to all!!

Author Unknown

• WalshieslWalshiesl Posts: 8Member
    Hoping and praying for Aunt Pam's speedy recovery.
    Hello @Walshiesl Good to meet you :)  I think we all need some food!!

Nothing to much going on today. We have a sunny and hot 82 and going up in the high 80's. Have a great day all  B)

Author Unknown

Hi all.

We are keeping all paws crossed for Flicka mom.   Breakfast looks really good even if it is a little late for breakfast LOL

Today mom has been cleaning the kitchen.. She says left overs for dinner so she can get the fridge clean.    not sure why she wants to clean it when she will just mess it back up tomorrow 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@Sandy_Kramer_etc, there is just no accounting fur hoomans and their cleaning obsession!  My mommy keeps washing our supper bowls, and then she puts the same food right back in them!  And we get our feets wiped evfurry time we come inside after a walk, even though we always go out again!
    Mommy has a new update on Auntie Pam from Uncle Jay:
    "I did not make it to the hospital today.  I did check with the nurses.  Pam has been taken off the ICU ward and is in a regular ward until she can be moved to a rehab center.  Her condition is unchanged, still not talking and no activity on the left side.  She still has a feeding tube and is being given oxygen."
    We're keeping them in our pawrayers all the time!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

BOL!! Yes people are very silly about cleaning!! Sounds like its getting better but slowly for Aunty Pam. I hope there is a rehab center near her home. That would make her feel better to be closer. Prayers continue  <3
    A cat lady Denise Cotton has started a GoFundMe for Pam and Jays doggies. I have the link on my FB page :)

Author Unknown

Hi all.   Glad she has been moved from ICU that must mean they are optimistic.    Mom got her hallway all cleared out today.   she is thinking she should do the wall papering in there before she puts anything back, bus she doesn't know what she wants for all paper in there LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

That can be a hard decision @Sandy_Kramer_etc ; and your mommy wants it just right! 

Author Unknown

BOL @Sandy_Kramer_etc!  Your mommy sounds like mine!  She even as trouble picking out which wrapping paper to use fur evfurryone's Christmas gifts!   :D

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Happy Wednesday to all!! Time to eat!

We have a sunny but chilly day :)

Author Unknown

Thanks fur the yummy popovers, @Walker_Alexandria!

Mommy has another update from Uncle Jay:
    "Visited Pam today.  She is improving on her speech, but lethargic in her actions.  Therapy has given the okay for her to start eating pureed (baby) food.  She will have another evaluation tomorrow and perhaps another swallow test.  Nobody said it, but I suspect that if she can tolerate the strained food, that the feeding tube will come out.  At that point she may be ready to transfer to rehab.  I plan to go back on Friday."

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Mommy is posting this on FB. People want to know if any news!!

Author Unknown

Mommy just got an new update from Jay.  Here is the address you've all been waiting fur:
    Pam Johnson
    Medical Park West, Room 605
    3110 Healthplex Parkway
    Norman, OK 73072

This is a skilled nursing facility, and she will probably be there fur two weeks.  Get those cards in the mail!!

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Just running through.   Mom and Dad have been pre-occupied, Ridge had some sort of episode yesterday... They thought they were gonna lose him, but he seems a little better now.   Mom says she was really worried cause he would not even eat boiled chicken which is one of his favorite foods.   Hope everyone else is doing well or at least as well as can be.   

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

fur Ridge!  Did he see the vet?

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Oh my! @Sandy_Kramer_etc many prayer's for Ridge  <3
    Thats good news about Pam @Hershey
    Snacks - 
    Have a great evening all!

Author Unknown

Good morning all.

Good news Ridge is doing a lot better.   Mom chatted with Alice the wing maker's mom and she said that Grace had a similar episode last winter.   She was diagnosed as having a Vestibular episode. Mom googled and we are pretty sure that is what happened with Ridge.   It is brought on by stress, so mom and dad have to try and be sure that Ridge does not get stressed out anymore.

Mom is so relieved, they thought for sure they were gonna lose him.   Of course now that Ridge is feeling better, Dad has caught a cold.   ONE week of working and he brings a cold home.   Mom knows she will get it, her sinuses have already been bothering with the fall allergies so this should be a fun week NOT.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Good to hear Ridge is a lot better  <3  Sorry your dad has a cold and that your mommy will catch it @Sandy_Kramer_etc
    Last week grandson Parker had to go to the ER because he had a bad cold. He stayed home 3 days and all better now :)

Author Unknown

:o   Oh, Ridge!!  I know all about Vestibulars!! I had a series of those at the beginning of the year.  My vet didn't say anything about stress, and I'm a pretty laid-back dude.  He said it was inner-ear related, usually, and would resolve itself.  And it did.  So tell your mommy, even if it happens again (it happened to me once or twice a week fur a month or so), and even though it looks scary, it's okay.  It will go away.  Tell her she can PM my mommy if she wants to compare notes.  <3 <3 <3

Hershey

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page