Has your Chi ever been stressed out??

edited 24 November, 2009 in Chihuahua
Lucky is 4 years old and has a younger brother, Paco, who is 2 years old and we recently added a tiny addition to our little family by adopting a stray kitten from a reputable rescue organization. Lucky has lived with cats and dogs his entire life and has always been pretty indifferent towards them, never super angry or scared or anything... But, with this new kitten (Mr. Zachary Binx) he is acting a bit odd. And from the little research I did on this, he seems stressed... he isn\'t eating his favorite food at the times he usually does, VERY VERY VERY clingy to mommy (which i dont mind at all just noticed) and he does not want to be near the kitten. I am planning on going to the vet if he doesnt want to open up to our new little boy, it\'s only been about 3 days, but I don\'t want the vet to tell us that he is stressed and want to put hiim on doggy prozac or something... I just want ideas of maybe how to make him happier? We go on walks, but it\'s freezing and stormy out so you know Chi\'s they\'re not too fond of that. He get\'s treats and play time, but I\'m very overprotective of Lucky and want to hear other peoples stories of Chihuahua\'s and stress!! Please help us |:|

Comments

• Mary DeSantisMary DeSantis Pittsburgh,PennsylvaniaPosts: 554Member
    edited 24 November, 2009
    Our biggest chi Sarah gets stressed out over ANY loud noise!!!:? But our kitty Callie stresses her out the most!! Callie is always chasing her & trying to swat her for some reason:?