\\\"Does Polly Wanna Get Off My Shoulder?!\\\"

Claudia ReichClaudia Reich SouthfieldPosts: 22Member ✭✭
edited 22 January, 2010 in Chihuahua
My mom\'s dog, Izzy, likes to perch on my shoulder like a parrot when I\'m sitting on the couch. She also likes to sleep on my mother\'s head or in the backs of her knees. Just want to know if anyone else\'s Chihuahua has boundary issues. :-/

Comments

• Mary DeSantisMary DeSantis Pittsburgh,PennsylvaniaPosts: 554Member
    edited 24 November, 2009
    :)) Our 2 smaller chi\'s Bella & Angie love to lay on your shoulders. It\'s like they can\'t get close enough to us!:?
  • Kay AyalaKay Ayala SacramentoPosts: 439Member
    edited 25 November, 2009
    Pennys nickname is Penny parakeet because every time I get in the car, whether I'm driving or not, she wants to perch on my shoulder. It's where she's happiest. I had to buy her a doggy car seat that could be adjusted to be way up high, near the head rest, or she's not happy. I think because Chi's are so tiny, they just feel safer, up high where they can see more and are in no danger of getting stepped on. Also, then they feel closer to us. I sleep on my side curled into a C shape. Penny sleeps by my stomach, on top of my covers, under her fuzzy, warm, baby blanket.
  • Nikki SmithNikki Smith AnchoragePosts: 930Member
    edited 22 December, 2009
    This thread is so funny. We just got Bella and she is always trying to climb on people shoulders it's like she knows she's the tiniest thing in the room and wants to head for the high ground. She even sleeps tucked against my neck sleeping on my shoulder.
  • Anne HoltzAnne Holtz Posts: 10Member
    edited 24 December, 2009
    I try to ride on Daddy's shoulder while he's driving all the time, but Mommy gets me down. I just want to help Daddy groom his ear.
  • Kathleen TruaxKathleen Truax Posts: 12,839Member
    edited 15 January, 2010
    My little Pizazz likes to sit on my husband's shoulder, there's a picture of this on Pizazz's page:D
  • Nikki SmithNikki Smith AnchoragePosts: 930Member
    edited 16 January, 2010
    Pizazz is a little Cutie!!!
  • Amber ArnettAmber Arnett Posts: 32Member
    edited 16 January, 2010
    Haha, maybe it's just a Chihuahua thing? Bella loves to crawl around your shoulders when you are sitting on the couch..and then she sneaks in and licks your ears:)
  • Stephanie PykeStephanie Pyke OmahaPosts: 1,372Member
    edited 21 January, 2010
    Foxxy also likes to be carried on the shoulder if she is being carried at all, and she sits on my shoulder when I am at the computer. on the couch she nestles on my side when I am lounging. She sleeps at the foot of the bed though. we don't let her sleep high. I think half of this is a dominance issue, and the other half is the desire to be as close to your heart as possible.
  • themisfitbenji1themisfitbenji1 Posts: 6,990Member ✭✭✭
    edited 22 January, 2010
    Precious thinks there is nothing better than laying on your shoulders or your head. She's so little that it honestly doesn't bother us. Sometimes I don't even notice she's there until one of my family members points and laughs. :)) I think it's just them trying to be close to you. If you don't like it, maybe you could put your dog on your lap instead and train him that being on the lap is good? Maybe treat him when he's on your lap? Meepster, also, likes laying on shoulders. Unlike Precious, he's not six lbs. He's 25. He hurts. :))