Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

How many of you sleep with your Chihuahua?

Kay AyalaKay Ayala SacramentoPosts: 439Member
edited 5 January, 2014 in Chihuahua
Hi! I know lots of folks sleep sharing thier beds with thier much cherished pups, I was just wondering if you think more Chihuahua owners sleep with thier dogs than other breeds? I\'m thinking maybe so, just because Chi\'s bond so very, very closely with thier much loved humans. Not that other breeds are not loved and cherished! Just curious about your experiences with your doggies. Happy Holidays from Kay and little Penny!!

Comments

• Bunny_PrincesseLilyCGNBunny_PrincesseLilyCGN bathurstPosts: 9,421Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 November, 2009
    Princess does not sleep with us, partly because I am scared to squish her. Also because hubby isnt keen on dogs in the bed;) Bunny ( my mixed breed ) used to sleep with us, until my hubby got a CPAP machine. Princess used to sleep in a baby playpen but now is a big girl and sleeps in a crate.:)
  • Deanie McGuiganDeanie McGuigan WilmingtonPosts: 1,793Member
    edited 28 November, 2009
    My chis don't sleep in the bed with my husband and I. The main reason is that I'm actually allergic to them so the less dog hair in the bedroom, the better! Although they DO sleep with us when we travel. : ) I would LOVE for them to sleep in the bed and Tippi actually used to sleep in my bed when I lived in my first apartment.
  • Marsha McCurter-OrfMarsha McCurter-Orf CampbellPosts: 1,958Member
    edited 28 November, 2009
    i snuggle right up to mom. I get under the covers and snuggle right up to her tummy
  • Jessica BertucciJessica Bertucci Chino HillsPosts: 54Member
    edited 14 December, 2009
    cherrys bed is at the top of the bed and she starts off the night w us, by the morning shes on daddy's head, or snuggled somewhere w us. we love it
  • E JewettE Jewett GuelphPosts: 91Member
    edited 16 December, 2009
    Tod always sleeps with me. He prefers to either sleep under the covers or like a person with his body under the covers and head on the pillow. And hes always snuggled up with me; he\'s the amazing living hot water bottle. He is 12lbs and we\'re both small people so crushing him is not a concern. Our bigger dog is allowed in the bed too but she often only spends part of the night and sleeps at the foot of the bed because it get squishy. I guess that\'s one great thing about being little for Tod (but not too little)
  • Kara VenekampKara Venekamp SpokanePosts: 366Member
    edited 19 December, 2009
    Luna has slept with me since she was a baby. When I first brought her home she slept on my chest right under my chin so I wouldn't squish her. But as she got older she would wiggle under the covers in the middle of the night and she likes to sleep right next to me. Luna grew up to be the best cuddler!!! My boyfriend recently moved in and I was worried about how he would feel about Luna sleeping with us. He was weird about it at first but now he looks forward to cuddling with Luna as much as I do! My dogs have always been welcome to sleep in bed with me. I wish I never let my english bulldog sleep with me but only because he snored BOL!
  • McKenzie GilbertMcKenzie Gilbert MolinePosts: 8Member
    edited 19 December, 2009
    Gizmo pushes her way under the covers, so yes she sleeps with us.
  • Linda AspreyLinda Asprey El CerritoPosts: 7,541Member
    edited 20 December, 2009
    yup, tiki has been sleeping with since the day she came to live with me, I tried to get her to go to her own bed but no way, she gets under the covers in the winter and we both keep warm.:))
  • Grayson BrownGrayson Brown Winston-SalemPosts: 2Member
    edited 21 December, 2009
    When we first got Flea he was SO tiny there was no way he was sleeping in the bed. So I would put him to sleep in his little crate, and that only worked for a couple weeks because he got so attached me he would cry all night. So now Flea sleeps in the bed with us, which is amazing that a 3lb dog can take up so much room! He sleeps under the blankets inbetween my husband and I and he sleeps horizontal stretched out.
  • Bonnie SpencerBonnie Spencer North AdamsPosts: 4Member
    edited 21 December, 2009
    momma and daddy don't let me sleep with them. my brother cocoa does now but he didn't until he was much older than I am and bigger than I will be when I'm grown. momma and daddy are afraid they would roll over on me so I sleep in my crate. I'm not quite 3 pounds yet and my crate has lots of room for me and it sits right next to the heater in the living room so I am nice and toasty warm all night long.
  • Anne HoltzAnne Holtz Posts: 10Member
    edited 24 December, 2009
    I sleep right between Mommy & Daddy. I try to kick Mommy out of bed by kicking her when she's rolling so I can take her warm spot. She calls me & my kitty sister, Bubbles "bed hogs."
  • Kay AyalaKay Ayala SacramentoPosts: 439Member
    edited 27 December, 2009
    Sad to report I have been restricted to a childs playpen with a snuggly doggie bed and lots of furry blankets while I recover from duel luxating patella surgery on both of my knees. Mom and dad don't want to risk my tiny legs recovery by a night time roll over. Once I'm recovered and healthy again, right back into that bed I'll go!!! Back between mom and dad. I like on top of the covers, by moms stomach under my own furry baby blanket. I complain at night, now that I'm off the pain meds and realise where I'm sleeping! BOL!!!! Mom just pats my head and covers me up and tells me it won't be much longer......
  • d od o Posts: 30Member
    edited 29 December, 2009
    i've never posted here before. i read and wander mostly. i currently have 6 dogs (soon to be 7). i have a 5.5 yr old chihuahua and he sleeps with me. the other 6 are large breeds (2 boxers, 1 golden, 1 malinois and a muttly boy) i will be getting a new female chi on the 7th of Jan. and she will also sleep with me once she is potty trained. my chi is my baby. he is also a service and therapy dog. he is a very active pup and loves everyone. i think sleeping with me helped the bonding process. he loves everyone but he knows who mom is :)
  • Bob ValentineBob Valentine Posts: 2Member
    edited 1 January, 2010
    Hi, we allow our two chihuahuas to sleep with us at night.
  • Kay AyalaKay Ayala SacramentoPosts: 439Member
    edited 2 January, 2010
    You are all SO cute and adorable!!!!!!! =;
  • Yijia WangYijia Wang Posts: 241Member
    edited 3 January, 2010
    YES! My chi sleeps in bed with me. I made the mistake of introducing the bed to her when she was a pup and she was hooked instantly. Later I tried to get her to sleep in her own crate and she will have none of it. She moves a lot in the middle of the night, going from on top of the cover to under the cover throughout the night. She is also very hot and in Southern California there aren't too many days where I need a personal hot water bottle. So I end up not sleeping well through out the night, sometime I get hot flashes because of the body to body contact. I will not change a thing though because she is the sweetest dog ever and I feel honored to have her in my bed.
  • Amber ArnettAmber Arnett Posts: 32Member
    edited 3 January, 2010
    I just got Bella and she is almost four months old. I would love to sleep with her, but she is just so tiny that it worries me. I do take naps with her, but she isn't allowed to sleep in the bed..at least not until she gets to be a big girl and I don't have to worry about smooshing her!:D
  • Sarah McSarah Mc Posts: 11Member
    edited 6 January, 2010
    Yuki sleeps in bed with me xD He likes to be under a blanket cause otherwise he gets cold :(
  • Becky KrailBecky Krail Walnut CreekPosts: 69Member
    edited 9 January, 2010
    Dad doesn't want me in bed with them because I accidentally scratched his eyelid while he was sleeping and it bled pretty badly (this was when I was new to the home and excitable). I love to sleep in mommy's arms on the easy chair, but I have to share my parents with the cats.....:(
  • Heidi PaulsonHeidi Paulson University PlacePosts: 2,785Member
    edited 11 January, 2010
    Yep, Lizzie sleeps with me, but I can't face her when I'm trying to go to sleep because she has to get right up in my face and lick my eyes :)) She also likes to scratch my face (she does this with other dogs too, it's her way of being "affectionate" :?)
  • LaVonne MenzelLaVonne Menzel Posts: 53Member
    edited 15 January, 2010
    I have slept with humom & hoodat since they found me. I love to snuggle into humom\'s belly but I start to crawl so just my head is out of the covers. I sleep right in between them. |$| Hoodat says he misses spooning with humom sometimes. What\'s spooning? :? I am also humom\'s SD and sleeping together has given us a special bond that I don\'t think we could have achieved if I had to sleep in a kennel. I do have a kennel tho... & 3 beds... & 2 carriers... & lots of clothes. BOL I know I\'m spoiled but I\'m worth it. ~a~
  • Stephanie PykeStephanie Pyke OmahaPosts: 1,372Member
    edited 21 January, 2010
    Foxxy sleeps with us sometimes, but she also knows that she goes in the crate if she barks. She sleeps at our feet, though i've caught her sleeping on pawpa's back after I take her out in the morning.
  • Bonnie SpencerBonnie Spencer North AdamsPosts: 4Member
    edited 17 November, 2010
    I need to update you all..... I now sleep with my daddy and momma and brother in the big bed :) momma put some steps at the bottom of the bed for me and I am queen of the bed!
  • Danielle LocklearDanielle Locklear StatesvillePosts: 3,919Member
    edited 14 December, 2010
    Butters does not sleep with me partly bc FI does not want dogs in the bed, I have dander allergies and wake up feeling miserable, and bc Butters will pee in the middle of the night if he's not crated.
  • Gary McLainGary McLain Posts: 5Member
    edited 18 December, 2010
    My dad puts me in the cage most times... but during the weekend I get to hang out and stay up all night...
  • M IM I Posts: 1Member
    edited 2 January, 2011
    I sleep with my Chihuahua on the bed. She is so warm and it is so nice to sleep next to her in the winter.
  • Kassiann ForadoryKassiann Foradory AustinPosts: 2Member
    edited 14 January, 2011
    Both of my pups sleep with me! They have their little stair case they trot up just to sleep with momma, everrrrrynight.
  • Grace ArmstrongGrace Armstrong Posts: 20Member
    edited 18 January, 2011
    I snuggle up in my Owner, Graces bed. I sleep on her big puffy pillow in summer and snuggled under the covers in winter.
  • Laura HallLaura Hall OregonPosts: 3Member
    edited 30 January, 2011
    Well last night was the 1st night i had Pear...and i totally let her sleep in bed with me...such a good doggy :-) I\'m so happy that i got to adopt her!!
  • Darci StewartDarci Stewart HixsonPosts: 431Member
    edited 30 January, 2011
    Rosey Sleeps with me all the time!