Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

How many of you sleep with your Chihuahua?

2»

Comments

• Kay AyalaKay Ayala SacramentoPosts: 439Member
    edited 1 February, 2011
    I say Chihuahuas are the BEST SNUGGLERS EVER!!!=;
  • Joy Casey-KurianJoy Casey-Kurian VoorheesPosts: 1Member
    edited 15 February, 2011
    Minnie Mae sleeps with me too..she loves to snuggle she loves sleeping under the blankets down by my feet! I don't know how she can breathe but she stays there all nite !
  • Amanda ParmleyAmanda Parmley Las VegasPosts: 18Member
    edited 16 February, 2011
    Sophie sleeps with my boyfriend and I, she takes up more room then a 200 pound man tho. She needs to sleep half under the covers half out...When I wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I come back in and shes snuggles with her daddy...I call her the other woman!
  • Joyce BoydJoyce Boyd FresnoPosts: 2Member
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Mom and I sleep together.:q
  • Jessica BergenJessica Bergen Posts: 1Member
    edited 22 February, 2011
    My chihuahua mix (Milo) sleeps with me and my husband. He sleeps on my side of the bed, usually under the blankets and up against my stomach or he puts his head on my pillow and cuddles up to me. He whined a lot when we tried to kennel him when we first got him. Him being the first puppy i\'ve ever had, my heart broke and I gave in. I begged my husband to let him sleep with us and he\'s been in our bed ever since. :D
  • Cheryl EssaryCheryl Essary BoisePosts: 1Member
    edited 26 February, 2011
    Gretchen is a chiweenie... and she is a major league snuggler. The first night we had her, she slept with us and just snuggled so trustingly against me it almost broke my heart. This sweet, lost, scared little creature was trusting me to take care of her. Needless to say, she's slept with us ever since. She is just the best little snuggle pal you could ever ask for.
  • Angela BlackmonAngela Blackmon McKinneyPosts: 14Member
    edited 25 March, 2011
    Max sleeps with us to0 - usually on his back, feet relaxed and resting peacefully.
  • forum closedforum closed Posts: 51Member
    edited 3 April, 2011
    Prior to adopting Joey, my husband and I were sharing our bed with two LARGE German Shepherd\'ish dogs---so when Joey came to live with us, making room for a little 10-pounder sounded reasonable (and a bit scary---the rolling over and squishing him part...by us or one of the big goofballs). Love our shepherds, but I have to say that he is THE BEST snuggler EVER!!!!Fits so perfectly and stays all night---he chooses who will be the \"lucky\" one, I had him curled to my stomach most of last week, but for the last 4 nights in a row Daddy\'s been his snuggling partner. Makes me wonder what kind of treats he\'s using to bribe him away from his momma during the last potty call before bed :-k
  • Missy JimenezMissy Jimenez Delano,Posts: 4Member
    edited 23 September, 2012
    BELLA sleeps with me. She takes over the bed by sleeping right in the center of the mattress! She always manages to hog the bed!
  • Freda WilliamsFreda Williams Sunnyside,MississippiPosts: 46Member
    edited 14 October, 2012
    I would love to sleep with my chi chi's but my hubby doesn't agree to dogs in the bed...so besides that..that is my only reason but I let my daughter sleep with hers..I let her sneek and do it because hubby doesn't like when she sleeps with her chi chi but that is why Honey is the way she is about my daughter because she feels loved and extra special loved by sleep together...If you hit my daughter..Honey will growl and just about bite...I love that Honey loves my daughter like that..she is a protector ;)
  • Nancy MintonNancy Minton Posts: 5Member
    edited 19 October, 2012
    My chi sleeps with me and we both find it comforting. I have an Aussie, too, and she likes to sleep in the room, but not on the bed, so Baby Boy and I have the bed to ourselves. I've had him about a year, and he's slept with me since night one when he weighed in a 3 lbs - now he's about 1 1/2 years old and close to 7 lbs so he's a bruiser and I don't worry so much. But I am still very careful if I get up in the night and then go back to bed that I don't sit or lay down on him as he snuggles underneath the comforter. On the picture you can see his bedtime routine - he gets all his toys together and crawls under the covers - he's all black, and you can see nose just peeking out from under cover at the top of the picture.
  • Renee SouliaRenee Soulia PlattsburghPosts: 1Member
    edited 10 November, 2012
    Both of my chihuahuas cuddle in the middle of the bed in between me and my fiance. I love having a pack of furry space heaters in the bed. Luckily I am a light sleeper though, so I dont ever squish the tinys.
  • edited 21 January, 2013
    Yup! Doozer and Kira (&Leeloo) sleep with me every night and snooze on me during the day when I nap in the armchair!:f
  • Melissa MartinezMelissa Martinez ButtePosts: 1Member
    edited 26 January, 2013
    I sleep with mom and dad. Dad rolls over a lot but never squishes me! Plus I like curling up between them to stay warm. After all, I only weigh 3lbs!
  • Amber JoyAmber Joy ChicagoPosts: 203Member
    edited 27 January, 2013
    Hazel has been sleeping with me since the first night I brought her home. She was barely 2lbs. At first I was scared I would roll over her, but everything turned out fine. I wasted my money on the crate I bought for her :? oh well, lol.
  • Carrie StarkCarrie Stark TucsonPosts: 2Member
    edited 31 January, 2013
    I just adopted a little female Chihuahua. She is sleeping next to me in bed with my pug. My pitbull sleeps at the foot of the bed.;c;
  • Mary EstepMary Estep Posts: 40Member
    edited 19 February, 2013
    I do, I do! :) Molly
  • Gilda NonymousGilda Nonymous Los AngelesPosts: 240Member
    edited 25 February, 2013
    We sleep with ours all the time. We have two, and each has adopted one of us as "their" particular human, so there aren't any uncomfortable cold spots between our respective legs at night.
  • jessica milletjessica millet Posts: 1Member
    edited 13 March, 2013
    my mom recently started letting me sleep with her in the bed some nights, thats how i know she doesn't have to work the next day. sometimes ill sleep in my crate or with my dad if he falls asleep on the couch
  • Kelley JendrzejewskiKelley Jendrzejewski SuperiorPosts: 16Member
    edited 27 March, 2013
    I don't think I would be allowed not to lol.
  • Cheri JonesCheri Jones Posts: 2Member
    edited 12 April, 2013
    My little Chi sleeps on my bed in her own little bed. If it wasn't her, it would be her boxer brother and sister who also love to sleep on my bed. She just takes up way less room, well, that is if she's in her bed. When she decides to sleep under the covers, next to me, I may get pushed around a bit but I love having her next to me.
  • Rose ThompsonRose Thompson Posts: 2Member
    edited 2 August, 2013
    I am my chi's bed lol:c9
  • Christine SchreiberChristine Schreiber Posts: 1Member
    edited 5 January, 2014
    We do .she is 6 .I tried everything and she cant handle not being next to or on someone at all times. I have 4 kids. Between all of us, we all take turns holding her, and sleepnig with her. She gets plenty of attention. If she is stuck in her crate she goes nuts and screams and cries and does not stop. She aftually did this from thr first night I had her at 6 weeks of age. The lady who had her, told me she let her sleep with her . So the habit was from very early on before I got her. She is the most loving and affectionate creature on this earth, besides a hand fed love bird I used to have. She is such a joy to have. I feel like she is therapy when Im sick. She will lay on my chest or stomach and it feels good, like a living hot water bottle. She can sense when Imnot feeling good and acts concerned. She would make a great therapy dog if she wasn't so shy with strangers. Bu she is truly my own therapy dog. Too bad if I ever get seriously ill she wont be allowed in the hospital :-( .