Doe anyone have trouble finding their Chihuahua clothing that fits?

Amber ArnettAmber Arnett Posts: 32Member
edited 23 February, 2010 in Chihuahua
Bella is about 4 months old and currently weighs about 1.6 lbs. She is very petite and tiny and I have the hardest time trying to find her any clothing that fits her, such as sweaters. It is very cold where we live, so I want her to stay warm. Do you have any suggestions where to go to get affordable, yet very small clothing for little ones? I pray that she gains alot of weight to be honest because it makes me so nervous that she is so little! I\'m so worried she is going to get hurt!!:-O Thanks so much:)

Comments

• Nikki SmithNikki Smith AnchoragePosts: 930Member
    edited 5 January, 2010
    My Bella weighs about 3 lbs, and the XXS clothes at petco fit her pretty well. You might want to take a look at Dogs.com they have pretty resonable prices. There is also Pure Country Pet Boutique, they have a size called Tiny that might work for your Bella. Good luck, post pics when you find some clothes for her. :)
    edited 6 January, 2010
    I just placed my order on CountryPet Boutique. I can't wait to get Bella's new stuff. Shipping was really reasonable as were the prices of the clothes. I'll let you know about the fit when I get my order.
  • Amber ArnettAmber Arnett Posts: 32Member
    edited 6 January, 2010
    awww:) i just love them in little clothes..and i hate when people get really rude about it and say things like "they are a dog. not a person. they don't like to be dressed up." it just annoys me. it's not hurting them and it looks adorable:) so who cares! post some pics and ill post some more of my bella too. ;c;
  • Kay AyalaKay Ayala SacramentoPosts: 439Member
    edited 6 January, 2010
    Putting clothes on Chi's when it's cold is just being a considerate person!! OK, I don't have that excuse when it's 100 degrees in the summer, but Pennys hairless and she'll get a sunburn.....and she's sensitive to most sunscreens, so light clothes help protect her from the sun. I buy most of Pennys stuff on E Bay. If you use XXX small dog sweaters on EBay as a search criteria, under Pet Supplies, you'll get TONS and tons of of THOUSANDS of items, made world wide to choose from!!! I LOVE Ebay for my 3 & 1/2 lb Penny, it's the only place I can get custom made dog items for her on the cheap!! Ebay also links to alot of on line super duper great doggy deals!!! And NO I don't work for Ebay, but yep, I'm good and addicted!
    edited 7 January, 2010
    Bella loves to dress up. I'll hold the neck open for her and she'll stick her head right in. I think mostly because getting dressed means we are going somewhere. Bella is unlike any other dog I've had in that when she looks good (in dresses and sweaters) she kinda struts. It's the funniest thing, she reminds me of a cheerleader in her uniform, she knows she's turning heads. Penny, I've never thought to check E-Bay for dog clothes. I'm totally addicted to E-Bay, I just never thought to look for stuff for Bella there. Great Idea!!
    edited 7 January, 2010
    Right now, Bella isn't too fond of getting dressed up. I couldn't find any sweaters to fit her, so I actually used a sweater sleeve and my grandma sewed it and put leg holes. It actually works great for small ones. I have also used a cute high sock as well%:D% But I will have to try Ebay. I never thought of that! Thanks!
  • Kay AyalaKay Ayala SacramentoPosts: 439Member
    edited 8 January, 2010
    Another idea that worked really great for me, was I went to the local dollar store and bought fuzzy socks in pretty colors. Take one and hold it upside down, heel up. Now, cut off the toe end so it's open. Now, the ankle part you turn down is the "turtle neck" and the tushy goes out the open end. All that's left is cutting two little leg holes under the "turtle neck" and you've got a really cute doggy sweater!!! If you mess up the first, toss it you have an identilcal one to practice on....LOL! This worked SO great for Penny before I found all the doggy stuff on Ebay and it's super duper economical and comforable. Penny slept and played and lived in hers when she was a pup. No one even knew they were socks, originally!! A lady told me I should sell them, but the were soooo easy, all you need is scissors and cheap furry socks in cute colors.....Dollar Store for me....he, he........:))
    edited 8 January, 2010
    That is such a cute idea Penny. It's possible that Bella doesn't like getting dressed up because the clothes don't fit her right and are a little to big. Bella has one dress that's a little to big and she actually pulls her legs in and climbs out the neck hole. The sweaters that fit her a little more snugly she seems to like alot better
    edited 9 January, 2010
    I have actually tried that and that's how she gets most of her sweaters:) It is very cheap and you get double the sweaters with socks! Haha. I think it would be even cute it you dressed them up a bit with some trimming or fur, etc. Have you ever been on Etsy.com? They have lots of cute homemade stuff, such as dog clothes and you probably could sell these cute sock sweaters on there:)
  • Cathy RistowCathy Ristow Central WIPosts: 16Member
    edited 9 January, 2010
    I have found alot of custom clothes makers on ebay and etsy angel who is a smooth coat she loves wearing her pajammas because they cover her litle skinny legs ~a~
    edited 9 January, 2010
    ooo, i love etsy! they have really cute stuff on there. i know how to crochet..so i have been trying to make dog sweaters, but we'll see how that goes! %:D%
  • Tina DukTina Duk ZagrebPosts: 11Member
    edited 22 January, 2010
    we have a homemade sweater but Chica doesn't like to be dressed.....when it's snowing outside we have a short walks...only a few minutes...if it's not too cold she likes to play in a snow...without getting cold...
  • edited 23 January, 2010
    Any cute clothes for boy chihuahuas? I really need some! But hopefully for some decent prices! :-h
  • edited 23 February, 2010
    Have you tried: PPE Pet Supply? The prices are good too! I have the other problem. It's hard to find cute stuff for a 90 pound moose-dog.