Chihuahua collars and tags

Dee BeeDee Bee Posts: 31Member
edited 11 February, 2010 in Chihuahua
Where did you purchase yours? I'm having a heck of a time finding ones small enough. She seems bothered by both the material and size of the collars as well as the weight of the id tag. :? No worries... I don't use the collar with a lead/leash, she has a step-in harness. I just want a collar for identification purposes. Not everyone knows about microchips. Any suggestions? Websites? Stores? Thank you!!~b~

Comments

• Amber ArnettAmber Arnett Posts: 32Member
    edited 31 January, 2010
    Hello! Bella is also very small and I had the hardest time trying to find her a collar that fit her tiny neck. I had bought her a couple from dog.com, but when I got them, they were so big and the only way you could adjust them was with the holes, which didn't go small enough. I found this brand of collar at Walmart actually and I love it because it has that plastic piece that allows you to make it smaller that way and it just snaps together. Bella loves it and it fits her perfect! I had seen this brand of collar at Walmart, but I actually found it at my local DOLLAR TREE!!! The only difference is that it is striped rather than the polka dots like what they have now. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Simplydog-Small-8-14-Pink-Fifi-5-8-Width-Adjustable-Nylon-Start-Dog-Collar-1-ct/12018758 I don't know what you want to spend on one, but this is pretty cheap and is well made. As for a dog ID tag..I also had trouble finding one that was small enough. I went to this site pettags4less.com and you can pick from an oodle of sizes, colors, and designs. I got a really small one for Bella in a light pink and I made the font cute with a little bone on the front, and then the back just says her name again and my phone number. They are cheap too..only like $3.59 or something like that with free shipping:) Hope that helps!!! Good luck!;c;
  • Dee BeeDee Bee Posts: 31Member
    edited 31 January, 2010
    Thank you, Bella....I'm off to check out the link now. BTW, I LOVE the scarf :D
  • Amber ArnettAmber Arnett Posts: 32Member
    edited 31 January, 2010
    Awww..thanks:) My mommy tried to make a WHOLE sweater..and boy that didn't work out well..Haha, so she stuck with the scarf:) Glad you like it! It was super easy to make and they are pretty cute! If you make one, post pics so I can see it:)
  • Kay AyalaKay Ayala SacramentoPosts: 439Member
    edited 31 January, 2010
    I've bought cat collars on sale from Petco that work great! Just check the measurements and make sure you buy the smallest ones they sell. I also like the plastic easy release, i hate the holes and buckles. Penny just doesn't have the patience to sit still that long! lol! Yep, I use collars for the same reason, just to hold on the ID tag. I went to Pettagsforless on Ebay and get them really cheap. I order 3 at a time to save on shipping and get one to go in each color of her collar, so they match outfits. I put her name, my phone # including area code, and on the third line in all capital letters **REWARD** just like that, so it catches the eye. She is microchipped, but like you say, not many folks will check for that. I also registered her microchip at 2 different sites, one multinational, just in case. I put Reward on the tag, just in case someone keeps her thinking they can sell her for $$. I want them to call ME so I can give them the money!!!! And get my baby back!!! She's priceless to me as I'm sure yours is to you! You really can't be too carefull with someone so precious who can't talk. At least strangers can't understand....BOL Y
  • Stephanie PykeStephanie Pyke OmahaPosts: 1,372Member
    edited 8 February, 2010
    I got foxxy's collar and leash at dollar tree too, but I use a cloth harness to walk her that has cute heart-eyed skull and crossbones agans a pink background. and almost all of her toys. At least being a dollar she can cheerfully rip them to shreds and I'm onlyout a buck
  • Tracy BrowneTracy Browne Posts: 1,439Member
    edited 8 February, 2010
    I love red dingo tags. They are soooooooo well made. And so very cute!! They aren't super cheap, but I think they are worth it. I always get the small and it is tiny. http://www.reddingo.net/html/tags1.htm
  • Deanie McGuiganDeanie McGuigan WilmingtonPosts: 1,793Member
    edited 8 February, 2010
    I buy these diamond studded wanna be collars from a local petstore! They are very durable. I haven't seem them in any chain pet supply stores or feed stores. They have them on this website : http://chiwawagaga.com/accessories/collars.htm They look so pretty on them :D Oh and I put a bell on them that I bought from petsmart along w/ a charm.
  • Dee BeeDee Bee Posts: 31Member
    edited 10 February, 2010
    Thanx , Peeps!! I wish I had a Petco on island. The website has tons of cheapies *sigh* shipping cost. I'm interested in a rolled leather one from Hamilton as well. My hope is that it won't annoy her. We shall see...
  • Nikki SmithNikki Smith AnchoragePosts: 930Member
    edited 11 February, 2010
    I got Bella's collar at my feedstore. It's Harley Davidson and is pink, but has gray barbwire print (it goes with her coloring nicely) I got Angie a nice little Lupine collar and leash from a cute little pet boutique and the Lupine is guaranteed that even if the dog chews it up I can take it back and they'll replace it for free. We're in Alaska so I understand about the shipping costs, plus some companies will not even ship to AK, and HI.