Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

Why did you name you Chi baby what you did?

2»

Comments

• Tina FurlotteTina Furlotte TorontoPosts: 1,273Member ✭✭
    edited 3 October, 2011
    Mommy used to be read a story called Ella the Elephant when she was a child, so when she got me she couldnt decide on a name Then she remembered the story and that how my name Ella was picked. Love Ella
  • Rachel Willie Pamani LozanoRachel Willie Pamani Lozano Bay AreaPosts: 838Member
    edited 4 October, 2011
    My hu-dad mentioned the name Lola just days before they picked me up and my hu-mom loved it. She happens to be a fan of the Regis & Kelly show and Kelly has a daughter named Lola. She says she knew it was the right name when she first laid eyes on me! :)
  • Mary EstepMary Estep Posts: 40Member
    edited 19 February, 2013
    We named our baby girl Molly. I have always liked the name. It is short and simple. I also like human names. Our pom mix is Sophie. Never had liked or disliked the name Sophie before. It just hit me when I saw her. But Molly just fit our little Chihuahua. :) Molly
  • Amber JoyAmber Joy ChicagoPosts: 203Member
    edited 21 February, 2013
    Since her Mom's name is Peanut we thought it would be nice to keep the *nut* theme going. So she is Hazelnut... Hazel for short :)
  • Kelley JendrzejewskiKelley Jendrzejewski SuperiorPosts: 16Member
    edited 27 March, 2013
    Well we were watching Beverly Hill Chihuahua the day before I went to get him. When we got back my niece was looking at him and blurted out "He looks like Montezuma!" So that is what we started calling him. He earned being called Monty when we soon realized that every time you itched him he would roll over and give you the full Monty.
  • Cheri JonesCheri Jones Posts: 2Member
    edited 12 April, 2013
    My little gal got her name of Nikke because she got sick, when she was very young, and whenever I took her to the vet I put her in a Nike shoe box. I really wanted to name her Maggie but my son didn't care for that, so when I was sitting at the vet's one day I thought, shoot, I bring her in the Nike box, but Nike sounds like a male name but I could change it a bit and call her Nikke and waa-laa, I had a name.
  • Missy JimenezMissy Jimenez Delano,Posts: 4Member
    edited 29 May, 2013
    I named my doggy BELLA because it means beautiful, and she is... she is the absolute most sweetest lil dog that I have ever meet... she rescued me from my loineness. She has brought so much happiness to me and my entire family.. she is BELLA... BELLA!!!~a~
  • alyssa fajenalyssa fajen Posts: 4Member
    edited 7 June, 2013
    Chloe because I really love that name and I think it suits Chihuahuas.I actually named her after an old friend if mine.
  • Dr- Tesla CoilDr- Tesla Coil Posts: 3Member
    edited 23 June, 2013
    I got my name because of my Mommy's job, she works as a Mad Scientist, teaching kids in after school programs. When she first saw my picture, her and my aunt wanted to call me Pinky, since everyone always sings the Pinky and the Brain theme song to my Mom, (In addition to being a Mad Scientist, Mom has tentative plans for world domination and super villainy) and they said I even looked like Pinky. Later that day, on a road trip to the pet store, Mom was loving on me and talking to me and asked me 'Who's Momma's baby minion?' and thats when her and I both knew it. I wasnt a minion, a was Minion, Mommy's number one side kick and helper.