Dogster getting REALLY slow?

Carly ThomasCarly Thomas Posts: 6,374Member
edited 29 July, 2010 in Plus Experts & Help Corner
Is it just me or when I'm browsing the forums it's at an OK speed...but when I post something, or give someone a gift I wait here for 5 minutes before it loads...? Maybe it's just my computer with this virus, I don't know...:?

Comments

• Judy MurdochJudy Murdoch Northern Lower MichiganPosts: 8,717Member
    edited 16 July, 2010
    No, it\'s not your computer. But it is very aggrevating, as are the double, triple or more posts. What\'s going on, Dogster????????????
  • edited 16 July, 2010
    Same here. I've started opening another tab because I hate waiting for it to post.
  • Cassie RCassie R Posts: 7,413Member
    edited 16 July, 2010
    It does the same thing to me, too.
    edited 16 July, 2010
    It does the same thing to me, too.
  • edited 16 July, 2010
    I go out and wash the car while I am waiting. :-O :))
  • louise nichollouise nichol Posts: 74,667Member
    edited 16 July, 2010
    It's been acting slow for us to when we've gone to post something :?
  • Carly ThomasCarly Thomas Posts: 6,374Member
    edited 16 July, 2010
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with the laggin'. I ALWAYS have more than one tab open, but I feel bad for those who sit staring at a circle going around and around while it loads. :?
  • Lynne D'HondtLynne D'Hondt Posts: 25,982Member
    edited 17 July, 2010
    Yeah I've got time to play a game open facebook and come back:?
  • Jean DeSenaJean DeSena Posts: 7,304Member
    edited 17 July, 2010
    Having the same issues here.:-/
  • Melanie ElmoreMelanie Elmore TupeloPosts: 6,455Member
    edited 17 July, 2010
    We're having the same problem! It's getting really frustrating!
  • Janine BlockJanine Block Posts: 35,002Member
    edited 17 July, 2010
    me too:-h
  • jenn masonjenn mason Posts: 4,534Member
    edited 18 July, 2010
    I've been getting kicked off when I try to view another dog's page.
  • DarbyandRileyCorgisDarbyandRileyCorgis Mountain ViewPosts: 41,992Member ✭✭✭
    edited 18 July, 2010
    I know it's slow for me! Takes a long time posting and getting to home page is so sloooooooooooow!!!:?
    edited 18 July, 2010
    Yeah but Darby from your pic you're handling it well:)):)):))=D>
    edited 18 July, 2010
    Yeah but Darby from your pic you're handling it well:)):)):))=D>
    edited 18 July, 2010
    see? Double post cause it's SOOOO SLOW:-k
  • Carly ThomasCarly Thomas Posts: 6,374Member
    edited 18 July, 2010
    I know! And when I log in, it's also very slow. Hey HQ, have you noticied it too?
  • Stephanie SteinerStephanie Steiner INPosts: 4,355Member
    edited 18 July, 2010
    i noticed it
  • Lori DiffelyLori Diffely Farm, South of MinotPosts: 2,809Member
    edited 18 July, 2010
    Me Too!!!!! I have to have more then one tab open. Takes forever!
  • Ron CurranRon Curran Posts: 520Member
    edited 19 July, 2010
    It's got to be"dogster", I am having the same problem. Seems like it takes forever to get a page to load on "dogster". Everything else not on this site seems to be just fine. :-k
  • Brittany LaTouchBrittany LaTouch PAPosts: 37,569Member
    edited 19 July, 2010
    I notice it too :(
  • Joyce AtkinsJoyce Atkins PortlandPosts: 653Member
    edited 19 July, 2010
    Me too, thought it was just my computer, glad to hear it is not.
  • Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoPosts: 1,743Member
    edited 20 July, 2010
    Hi, This is Ted from HQ. Wow, what a bummer for you all. I've been trying to replicate this and so have others and we haven't encountered it. But we have a feeling it might be related to certain threads and isn't happening all the time. Could you answer a couple questions then. The more explicit the more likely we can isolate the poor experience you are having. The questions are: * Does it happen on all forum submits or just some? * If it only happens on some, can you say exactly which threads in which forum topics that is happens? * Does it always happen in those threads or only if your post is long? Thanks everyone. Very sorry about what you are experiencing.
    edited 20 July, 2010
    Ted: It is much better today. It is not just the forums, it's all through the site. Some of the dogs pages are really slow, however, I think that is due to some of the graphics they are running. Home Page for dogster is also slow as well as the accounts pages. I am running a MAJOR system with 8gigs of ram and seperate storage so as not to slow down the computer. Being a webmaster for four radio stations it appears that the overload is at your server or on line host. I don't know if you guys host your own server or not, I know I have had some trouble with "off site" hosts.Use of Server-Intensive Dynamic Scripts can also cause a problem like this. No Compression of Web Pages has also slowed me down a few times. Another common culprit is bulky code. The larger the file size of each document, the longer it will take to load. Some ways to make your filesizes smaller is by: removing unnecessary whitespace,avoiding inline styles,using external CSS & JavaScript documents, opting for a CSS/DIV based layout, instead of a table-based layout ,writing efficient code and using CSS shortcuts. I have had problems with all of the above from time to time on my sites. I am not an expert but I thought I would give you a heads up on some of the problems that might show up. I think also the back ground of the ball and frisbee might be a bottle neck for some of the slower computers. Thanks for a great site! Keep up the good work!!
    edited 20 July, 2010
    Ted: I also noticed that when I give a gift to another dog it is really slow to respond. This also happens when you try to give another dog a bone. It does not seem to be a slow down in any one area. :-k
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 July, 2010
    And today.. posts in groups and forums are not posting .. they require numerous refreshes... and the site is still slow as cold treacle on 80% of pages. Its 106F here.. cant be the flippin cold !!!!!!! :-h

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

edited 20 July, 2010
    If I try to view a page, Dogster will cut off on me. It will say "Internet Explorer can not display this webpage."
    edited 20 July, 2010
    If I try to view a page, Dogster will cut off on me. It will say "Internet Explorer can not display this webpage." Post are not showing up, too.
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 July, 2010
    This is NOT ''certain threads'' Ted this is SITE WIDE ...... groups/threads/pages/forums Still happening this morning... and my post last night took FOUR refreshes to finally bring it up... Some folk I know keep getting booted off the site (different folks.. differen ISPs and servers) One person was trying to add a new dog.. took TWELVE attempts to finally get the page accepted. There is a flea the size of a juggernaut in here somewhere !!! I have faith you are working on it !!!

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• LucyLucy JacksonvillePosts: 116,892Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 July, 2010
    Yep was having that problem with getting booted off but said my interconnetion was lost..Today it been not seeing posts and haveing to refresh a lot to make sure my post is there...Its very slow at loading its not just the forums its also the groups..Post and then look to see if the post is there and keep on refreshing until it shows up..

Angel Minster Jr and Misty, Lucy, and newest Kitty Sammie, Newest Seniors Nikki and Beau...